Softmod R5xx to firegl

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by huangyanhao, Sep 3, 2006.

1. assaopis

assaopis New Member

oh, guess I was "cheated" by the specviewperf results ^^;
    Because before softmod the score was 8.64 and after softmod(plus some tweakings) was like 70.34.

Maybe it is time to OC my opty back to 3.2 -_-"

Thanks for the reply :D

2. juodvarnis

juodvarnis Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    use /3GB key in win32 boot.ini file it will allow for aplication to take more than 1.5gb of memory. search net for more info ;)

3. juodvarnis

juodvarnis Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    i am sorry for your lack of education, but that's not hitlers cross, you can see it in various cultures folk ornamentics. even in my own (lithuanian) folklore it is the sign of sun, spread wide across all folk art. and thats a pitty that hitler took it as his ***** symbol.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

4. Vykupitel

Vykupitel Member

GPU:
    PNY Quadro FX4000
    Nope, only for some app that can use this special memory addresing:

5. juodvarnis

juodvarnis Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    i rarely exceed 2gb per task, anyway, i also use /Userva=xxxx key

6. juodvarnis

juodvarnis Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    hi, recently i am trying to use 1600pro modified without errors to firegl5200 with eltorio's provided script for 8.293 drivers (sorry, huangyanhao, but your script doesn't patch, as i use 8.263 drivers that i downloaded from somewhere :) named firegl-win2kxp-36758.exe)
    anyway, is this enough only to copy .drv file for 3dstudio max8? (and also set custom drivers in 3dsmax :))

and one more thing, is there any reason to change my good old 6800gt@quadro to 1950pro@firegl, as these are quite cheap now, i use only 3dsmax8 and ADT2006, no time for games :(
    will there be any increase in performance (assuming that i use maxtreme and 3smax firegl drivers)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  7. ghostlkp

ghostlkp New Member

Ok hey this softmod seem interesting and i want to try it out... i have a agp radeon x1650 ive been reading in this thread about the modding but... i really dont know where to start... if anybody can help me out id really appreciate it.... thanks

im not new to rivatuner and not a noob when it comes to computers...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  8. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Member

SoftMod on the Mac?

Hey all, I just discovered softmodding less than an hour ago, and only because I am buying my first workstation computer. I am considering a Mac Pro, with an ATI x1900 XT 512MB video card for doing hi-def video compositing, 3D modelling animation and rendering using After Effects, Cinema 4D, AutoCAD and 3DS Max. I haven't learned Maya yet but plan to.

I have to share files with Macs, so I'd rather not get a PC. But there are no FireGL cards for the Mac, so I was very pleased to find out it is possible to simply unlock the drivers on this high-end gaming card. But I am a big fat newb, and this seems quite complex. I'm assuming we're all talking about PC softmodding here?

Can anyone take me through softmodding a new Mac Pro ATI Radeon x1900 FX 512MB card into an ATI 7300 Fire GL (or is it a 7200....?) Or should I just go with a PC and risk using MacDrive (but ooooh Leopard looks soooo nice)? Sorry in advance for my obvious inexperience, I know this is an advanced task. I will read any basic/foundation literature that I need to in order to truly understand what is going on when I use this hack.

9. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Member

I must be in the wrong forum. RivaTuner does not work with the Mac. Is there a utility that does?

10. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Member

so after calling Mac, I'm thinking that if I softmod the ATI x1900 XT in RivaTuner through XP, then it won't affect my mac OS, but I can still have a FireGL card for my windows-based 3D modeling software? Or will I lose access to Tiger/Leopard and I shouldn't do this?

(FYI What Apple actually told me was that if I was using windows-based software, the drivers used will be windows drivers and that the ones Apple writes for the video card will have no effect on the performance of the card, hence my speculation that softmodding in Windows is possible on a Mac Pro.......)

11. Visor66

Visor66 New Member

does the patchScript work with 64Bit drivers as well? I would like to switch to WindowsXP64Bit on my MacPro but I want to patch the ATI x1900 again.

Any idea if thats possible?

12. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Member

so you've used this softmod in tiger already?

13. NormanBates

NormanBates Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD3870 / ATI HD4670
    Hi BlackMamba

I'm trying to find out some facts about maya and pro 3D apps in OS/X in this (also not conveniently named) thread:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=216661

EDIT: you are also on that thread! didn't you read it?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  14. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Member

but that is a false statement. I've done quite a bit of research, I've called Apple themselves. It does make a difference, and there is a quadro card, the Nvidia 4500, except this is the first quadro or FireGL card to be offered on the Mac. As for the tests, I think people are coming to the wrong conclusions. This is a low performing quadro card, and since they can't test it in AutoCAD because that is a windows app and so uses windows drivers, and that is the only app where this card shines, there is still no proof that mac drivers are magically different.

15. cgdesign

cgdesign New Member

Hi,

I have a x1950 pro pci-e video card with 256mb RAM.. How do I softmod it to FireGL?

According to Wikipedia, FireGL V7400's core is Radeon X1950 Pro PCI-E, and its core is set at 8:36:36:36.

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_ATI_Graphics_Processing_Units )

I found an Italian website that describe how to softmod Radeon to FireGL, but I thought I'd better get an advice from you guys.

The website mentioned Rivatuner, FireGL Driver, and Driver Cleaner.

Could anyone help me please?

16. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Member

17. Kurios

Kurios New Member

Hi,

I have a 1950Pro PCI-E too ... It is possible to softmod this card ?

Thanks you for help !

18. casebuyer

casebuyer Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 3870 IceQ 3 DDR4 512
    so do 4870 cards are moddable or not