ForceWare 162.50 WHQL XP/Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by justinkw1, Aug 8, 2007.

1. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    forget the normal setup. extract the drivers and do an install from device manager so it replaces all files dont leave anything behind.

2. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    (3DMark 06)

5495 3dMarks
    2221 SM2.0 Score
    2179 HDR/SM3.0 Score

3. KimmiK

KimmiK Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX480 @ 1840/2050
    I have never had that problem either - DV is taking effect instantly on my setup. Although I never use nvidia's driver, rather NGO version. Currently running NGO 158.22. I guess there is a reason why they haven't released a new version since this one.

4. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I see some of you guys can run GRAW2 and see the "shadow bug" , PLEASE does anyone have Any idea why I cannot even start it with any driver above 158.45?
    I get to the menu and see the intro , but when I try to start the mission it drops to desktop with a incompatible Direct3D error , I am using the demo though , maybe the retail has a patch?

Vista Ultimate 32

Tried:
    162.22 Beta and WHQL
    162.50 (which I love besides not being able to run Rainbow6 Vegas and GRAW2)
    Also tried looking through the GRAW2 forum.....no help.
    And filed two driver bug reports to Nvidia.....like pissing in the ocean.

The only driver/thing that will let these games run:
    158.45 (nothing below this driver is worth a crap for me)

Allthough this is mostly a driver question , Is there ANY thing else that may be causing this? Thank you for any help.

5. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    might be a stupid question. but how many times have u installed and uninstalled drivers? over the course of the months with driver releases? if alot i would do a clean install. plus is ur vista genuine? not that it matters maybe u got a crappy copy.. and did u install the latest dx augest? files?

6. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    This driver is a tad slower than 163.15 but IQ is noticably better, btw I'm using XP 32bit.

7. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX

thank you for your response , and there are no stupid questions when trying to solve computer problems there are literally zillions of different scenarios.

To answer , Yes my copy of Vista is fully legit and updated along with the newest compatibility updates from MS.

I have just reinstalled this OS July 5th and the only drivers I have tried since then are the 158.45 (from day 1) , then the 162.22's the 163.11 and the newest 162.50 , then BACK to 158.45.

Each time I remove a driver I boot into safe mode and run the GuruDC AND DC3pro becuase ther are always 3 files left over after using the GuruDC , I have not had a TDR error since the 163.11 when I missed the DC3pro step.

I have installed the Aug DX9 update and it ran fully with no problems.

System is ROCK solid and plays on ALL drivers:

Call of Juarez DX10 (outstanding performance stability and set at FULL detail)
    BF2 (has the "known to everyone but EA" BF2 memory error on map loads but runls like a top other than that)
    BF2142 (same as BF2)
    COD2 (outstanding detail and performance)
    Oblivion (working VERY well full detail all settings maxed)
    Quake Wars Betas 1 and 2 (maxed detail NO problems for hours of game play)
    POE2 (same as BF2....stink'n EA)
    Tiger Woods 2007 (with the EA link hack to get it to start and widescreen hack to get it to 1680x1050.....EA?? go figure)
    Day of Defeat 1.0 and Source
    CS:S
    Half Life 2

Could it be my Ageia PPU? I don't see how when it works fine with the 158.45 drivers , and I wouldn't have a problem sticking with the 158.45 but BF2 and 2142 get such a NICE boost with the 162.22 and 162.50 drivers!!

I feel cursed.......:behead:

8. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    Have somebody else slow startup (bootscreen when loading windows) with these drivers. With 163.16 is faster.

9. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    And so, i have to ask AGAIN.........
    Those of you with Vista + 8800, does the digital vibrance still turn itself off when starting up a game that switches resolution for the intro videos and such? Thank you................

10. Nictron

Nictron Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 3070 Dual OC
    Supreme Comander fails to start under Vista 64 Bit with these drivers.

It gives a Driver campatibility issue.

11. qwagy

qwagy Member

GPU:
    X2 sli 780ti
    Does SLI works with this Drivers

Just had nvlddmkm stopped responding in Windows Vista x64 with these!:behead: back to 158.45

12. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    yes it shuts itself off sometimes. which is kind of annoying.. :puke3:

13. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB

try taking out ur ageia PPU and drivers and see wut happens its worth a shot

14. qwagy

qwagy Member

GPU:
    X2 sli 780ti
    Not had any problems with the ageia PPU and drivers being installed as some games require the driver "GRAW 2 etc" but I would certainly try removing the card and see if your situation improves.

Regards

qwagy

15. Maestro

Maestro New Member

That is known issues with GRAW2 and 160 seria of drivers. Some ppl have it solved by manualy set antialiasing to application contolled in nvidia control pannel . Why that setting is not on application controled by default is unknown to me. I just reporting what i have found on other forums , and did not try that fix by myself coz i do not have 8 seria card , but i have 7950 that have shadow bug (that still exsist) with any 160 seria driver. I hope that will help you .

16. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    ROFL the 9800 will be dx10.1 compatible, so congratulations you waited but your still gonna be a beta tester. We are all beta testers thats just the way it is and you cant excape it. :p

17. Hunted

Hunted Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080
    3DMark 06

162.22 = 5238
    163.16 = 5170 Drop
    162.50 = 5292 Increase over last 2 drivers.

Running Vista Ultimate x64 and Mobo setting set to Turbo for GFX card.

I have a question tho. What is you driver version numbers suppose to report when selecting System Information in the NV Control panel? Refer to mine below.

[​IMG]

As you can see the nv4_disp.dll is 84.56 where the others is showing 6250 and even 62.15. I did the whole uninstall routine and driver cleaner exercise.

Is this correct or is there something wrong?

Thnx

18. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    use driver cleaner twice, then check the log for files or registry keys that are on both logs. This means there not being deleted. Go find these keys and files and delete them manualy. Some you may need to go into there permissions and give yourself full control.

Also download driver sweeper and use it to, you can find it in the downloads section.

19. NNate

NNate New Member

From the Vista Release Notes, the "Unsupported Features" section lists the following 2 things:
    DVD/MPEG Extensions (such as was provided with Windows Media
    Center Edition)
    Audio Extensions (such as was provided with Windows Media
    Center Edition)

Anyone know what this refers to?

20. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    lol, if you guys would use the fast loading skin instead of the default skin you would be able to see the poster's OS in their specs. :approval:

Some are saying the IQ is better with these drivers so I will definitely give them a try.