Vista overclock fails

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by milliways, Jul 28, 2007.

1. milliways

milliways New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800Ultra
    When trying to use rivatuner, ati tool, or ntune Whenever I try to adjust clocks it just goes back to the original settings... I am probably overlooking something obvious but I cant seem to get it.. I have tried disabling uac and re enabling it and running it as administrator. I am running vista 32 with 163.11 drivers.
    TIA

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Welcome to Guru3D , try uninstalling your current drivers run driver cleaner pro here download:http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

Reinstall fresh set of drivers and try only ati tool , thats the only program that works with vista.

Good Luck.

3. Corrigan

Corrigan Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB @ 560/840
    Nah man, I use Rivatuner (newish version out I think) and it works fine on Vista.

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Great to hear that , i uninstalled vista and went back to xp , until a couple of service packs come out and all the drivers are mature enough and most of the bugs fixed i will reinstall my copy of vista ultimate.

Good day.

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
  6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It just that vista its not completely mature yet as XP , thats why most people like to go back to XP , very mature OS , I have both XP and Vista Ultimate but only pathetic noobs and fools will try to tell other people how wonderful vista is , well guess what ''IT IS NOT''. I can tell you by my own experiences and my clients, i am a Tech in my spare time :p

7. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    Actually, Rivatuner works for me too. And Ntune works with everything except fan settings (that's bugged in vista on ntune).
    I use ATITool to determine my max OC then set it just a bit lower, then once in a while do an artifact check for 20 mins.
    Then I use Rivatuner to actually set the OC to the preferred amount, and to take off AGP Fastwrites. :)

I'm using Vista Ultimate 32-bit. And it runs more stable for me than my XP Pro has ever done, less lag in games. Actually it is wonderful. I'm running windows classic skin like I did in XP, but even better performance now. Are you saying I'm an idiot for running vista? It actually IS that good for me.

(I agree with Rejzor).

8. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No im not saying that , it just that vista it is not mature OS yet , for me its not as good as XP thats why I will always recommend XP over Vista , by the way you are running vista with 2x 512MB sticks and P4 and you get better performance than XP ???? Yeah Right :rolleyes:

9. Knighthawk1234

Knighthawk1234 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI8800 GTS 640mb
    Never going back to XP. More good then bad with vista. For me anyway.

10. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    Have you tried it with my P4 and 1024mb ram? I don't think so. It does run better than XP, stop having a Vista-phobia.

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

Yes I have run it with my P4 with a little overclock and 1024mb ram :kermit:
    It does not run better than XP , its the truth , even with my little overclock with my P4 , stop making false statements , I have tried many cpus and many Ram with many motherboards and always XP performs better than Vista , it is not PHOBIA it is call REALITY........................................

[​IMG]

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    More prove for you guys , from our overclockers team John Dolan:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=232941

Not only syntetics benchmarks performs better, gaming its also a lot faster and smoother on xp now than it is in vista , has been proven many times by a lot of us gurus that have vista and xp. I am a Pro-gamer at clanbase for a long time with FtR.Team and everybody in clanbase we all use XP in the world cyber games because its way faster in games.

Case closed , enough said.

13. ajua

ajua Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 Black Edition
    well chispy, as many things in computers, everyone's opinion depends on how it went for everyone. in my case i have my personal rig on the left and besides my laptop i have a pentium4 3.2 with HT clocked to 3.6 with x800 GTO2 ultmate and 1 gb of 533 DDR2 ram. it does run vista nicely without any glitch or problems.

perhaps people call performance to the responsiveness of vista wich is a little "laggier" in some cases with vista. but the performance of applications and the memory management really stand out in my p4 rig. for games, i dint have the time to test gaming in vista with it.

to the main topic, have you tried 1622.22 WHQL drivers? also try to close the ntune service (if you have ntune installed).

14. chfields

chfields Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 285 1GB SC
    For the majority of PC users, who are buying a new machine and using newer programs, I think Vista is probably very good. But, right now, if you are using older equipment and older programs, XP is far superior. It seems, for now at any rate, that XP is better for gaming than Vista. Once Vista matures, I'm hoping it's going to be a great OS, but time will tell........In the mean time, it's XP for me......

15. Kenpomasta

Kenpomasta Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 570 SOC
    the question is : vista or XP ?

16. chfields

chfields Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 285 1GB SC