I ran cpuz and was pleasently surprised..

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by alpha2k, Jul 22, 2007.

1. alpha2k

alpha2k Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 768MB
    I had thought my mem was dual channel, running at single channel, because the mainboard didn't do dual channel....well to my surprise after many many many months of thinking this, I ran cpuz and come to find out, I am running dual channel. Don't know what I was takeing that day/night I had read it was only single channel, but I need to find out what it was cause it musta been good :).

Anyways, that brings me to my question....in cpuz it says dual channel, and under performance mode, it says disabled. Is that a bios settings, if so, where would it be, beause I have looked and cannot find anything "performance mode" at all. Do I need a bios update?
    My board is a Abit zIS7-E2G intel chipset.
    To my knowledge I have the latest bios revision, but then again I thought it was single channel too LOL.

2. Vole

Vole Master Guru

GPU:
    6800PCI-E/256mb/464:895
    Then you are not running in dual channel otherwise it would say enabled. It probiably says disabled because the board can not run dual channel mode.

3. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    Maybe you didn't use two memory modules that are exactly the same size and speed made by one company inserted into correct slots. For example, two 1024MB PC3200 DDR C4 modules from Corsair inserted onto two slots of same color run in dual channel mode. One 1024MB PC2700 DDR C3 from Corsair and one 1024MB PC3200 DDR C4 from OCZ modules inserted into different-colored slots run in single channel mode.

4. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    Download and installed Everest Ultimate Edition and on the 'Motherboard', 'Chipset' page you should be able to see 'Northbridge' and 'Southbridge', click on one of them until you see the Memory Controller details and that will tell you the type of the Memory Controller (either Dual or Single) and then it will tell you the Active Mode.

You might see the same information in the 'Motherboard', 'Motherboard' page as well, under 'Memory Bus Properties' and 'Bus Type'. It will be something like 'Dual DDR SDRAM'

If it is Dual Channel then as Jeff said, you might need to put the RAM in the correct slots or change the timings and/or speed to get them working correctly.