x1950 pro : struggling with the fan control ...

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by steng4h, Jul 15, 2007.

1. steng4h

steng4h New Member

Hello

I've been trying for days to find a way to set my X1950 pro fan's speed, I've been struggling with ATT to make it work ... but it just won't ! I've tried many versions, I'm now using 1.3.6.1047 , I'm going into overclocking / tab fan / and either on manual or auto fill , any settings just won't make a difference at all... 0 % or 100% does the same. Of course I click apply by the way :)
    I've read that I need to save it to a profile if i want the fan speed to be remembered if I reboot but it's not the problem here ... It just won't work at all.

If you have any idea this would be greatly appreciated because this woosh sound is driving me nuts, its 100% non stop it seems, I'm gonna throw this card away !

thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  2. WKjun

WKjun Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7950
    Hi!

I fear you are in the same miserable situation as I was. I have bought a GeCube X1950 Pro 256MB because it was the cheapest at that time (190€). After installing the card I realised that the fan speed cannot be changed because of a board limitation. Some manufacturers spare out the variable fan control. Because of that the card was so cheap. Now that Pro's sell for 130€ and below I sold it for 100€.
    Now I sit here with a loss of 90€ and the knowledge to watch out in the future and read the reviews on the net... the info was there, I simply overread it.
    Btw. the XT's and XTX's should all have that circuit.

3. stengah

stengah Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 6600GT AGP
    Thanks for your awnser.

Well ... It seems I'm screwed if the fan control is limited.

However do you think it would be possible to send false temperature values so that the fan speed adjust itself to these values ? If I set a low temperature, the fan wouldn't be as loud I hope !

Is there any way to do that ?