nVidia 163.11 BETA drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vinnie, Jul 11, 2007.

1. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    HDR Lighting make games that has bloom or any lighting into HDR effect and if a game has HDR u can make it more colorfull and more real. pretty much its like HDR 128bit

2. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    These 163.11 drivers are fantastic well done nvidia.Everything runs fast smooth and slick.At last i can now play coh for the first time.I bought coh when i heard the dx10 patch was out and it was unplayable in dx10 with sli cards with textures flicking on and off but now all's good.I ran the benchmark at 1680x1050 with x16af and x16q aa cant remember the numbers but was like 68 high 48avg i think.nvidia came good atlast nice work.Edit just ran coh benchmark again and wrote down the numbers avg 47.9 max 62.7 min 32.1 the fan speed doesnt work for me i just tried so maybe its because of sli i dont know but im a happy camper with these drivers.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  3. Syphon452

Syphon452 Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 896
    Can someone make a modded inf for the 32 bit of these..
    I used the one that guy made but it said that my system aint 64bit which it isnt and i d/l the 32 bit drivers of these.

4. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Thats not what im saying.. It doesnt make a difference what so ever, if i make a screenshot with that setting turned off, and another one with it on, they look exactly, pixel-perfect, the same.. Hence no difference.

In games that use HDR, it makes no difference, no more colors or anything that you suggested.
    And in games that doesnt use HDR or Bloom, nothing happens either, no added bloom or anything what so ever, not even any color or contrast change.

Exactly the same as with it off, every single pixel :)
    Show me a before / after picture please.

5. Syphon452

Syphon452 Active Member

GPU:
    Please hehe i want these badly

6. Theliel

Theliel Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT 600/1800
  7. Syphon452

Syphon452 Active Member

GPU:
  8. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Yep, this HDR thingie looks the same in regular games. At least i couldn't see any difference in CS:S. I think it's just a tweak to disable HDR in games that don't allow that by default. Not sure if there is any such game anyway...

Oh, after incredible long trashing of drivers i forced installed it as 8800 Ultra and now works as expected. I of course ****ed up context menu with stupid international drivers from before but at least performance is good. Crashday and CS:S both performed very good. Gotta try Oblivion or Stalker...

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    The HDR setting may not work properly for you since you force installed it on 7 series. ATM i believe its an 8 series feature. The feature enhances games with bloom to make it more vibrant.

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Or use hacked INF. Same crap just different method. So can anyone with G80 make before and after screenshot to sum up the evidence regarding this feature?

11. Ryan Williams

Ryan Williams Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    Having just tested Battlefield 2142 with and without the HDR option enabled, I have to agree in saying that there's no perceptible difference.

To illustrate this, two shots below. The one on the left is without the HDR option, the one on the right is with it. Click the links below for a full-size version (open each in a separate browser tab then flick between the tabs for best effect).

[​IMG]

Without HDR option | With HDR option

I'd also like to point out that bloom is not HDR, and is a completely separate effect that's sometimes associated with HDR in games. HDR stands for high dynamic range, and refers to the range of colour intensity; HDR allows more detail to be seen in darker areas and lighters areas by adjusting the lighting for each, and as far as I'm aware Battlefield 2142 has no HDR. However, it clearly has subtle bloom.

I'm more inclined to go with the motion above of it simply being an option to enable/disable HDR in HDR-enabled games, and not a way of forcing some effect into any old game.

All that aside, my performance seems about equal in BF2142 since installing these drivers and the image quality also seems to have jumped up a little from 158.45, pretty much to the same as what 162.15 had before it was withdraw.

12. Ryan Williams

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    Wow. I just did the Company of Heroes benchmark and the minimum reported FPS was 34.

It was 12 with 158.45, and 8 with 162.22.

Settings were completely maxed out to ultra in DirectX9 and 4x AA in all three tests. Anyone else seeing results like this in any games?

13. Silent Shark

Silent Shark Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT
    Does anyone know if the sleep mode in Vista works again with these drivers?

I'm currently on 158.43s, and can't Sleep. I was told this was a nVidia driver issue. Is that right?

Thanks.

14. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    This driver gave me a realy stable fps on many games :smoke:

15. Ryan Williams

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    I was able to sleep with 158.45 and 162.15 without any issues, so I assume that problem was fixed long ago.

I've just tried the same performance test in Company of Heroes, and guess what? It took my minimum FPS down from 34 to 14! But check out the graphical difference you get in return for this 20 fps loss (drag each of the images to your tab bar to do a flick-between comparison):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:/ Best to stay away from this one in my opinion.

16. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    Should i use this drivers with my gx2 (with the modded inf)?
    Or i should stick to the 162.22 ? i got bsod with the 158.45 so i guess ill wait for an answer :p

17. Theliel

Theliel Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT 600/1800
    guys, the option HDR lighting only enable or disable HDR support. no force nothing. If you set this off, HDR support its disable.

18. Ryan Williams

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    Sorry, just to clarify, when I enabled the HDR option in Company of Heroes it dropped my minimum FPS by 20. But, as you can see in the two screenshots I posted on the last page, there is no perceptible visual difference at all.

Therefore, I highly recommend keeping that option disabled for the time being. I encourage others to do a similar test (with and without) though, to confirm my own results.

Edit: I'll do more thorough testing of this tomorrow to get an average and eliminate the possibility of temporary performance choking on my machine.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  19. Theliel

Theliel Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT 600/1800
    and this is the reason nvidia add this new flag, compatibility issues :)

Its easy test this. On or Off in a game that dont use HDR, IQ are exactly the same. A game that use HDR and this flag ON all is normal. If you set this off in a game that use HDR: Or game no run, or HDR in the game are dropped.

tested in Nvidia demos, Nvidia SDK and 3dmark06

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  20. RanCor TDO

RanCor TDO Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1080 GameRock
    keep getting nvlddmk errors with these