Catalyst 7.5 Drivers Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by grees00, May 31, 2007.

1. kevinti2005

kevinti2005 Member Guru

GPU:
    X1950Pro 512MB AGP - Cat 7.11 + CCC
    Guys,

First at all, got to say sorry because this is my first ATI card after years with Nvidia! So, questions I ask might sound dumb or naive to you, ATI owners!

I just installed my X1950Pro 512mb card and I have a simple question.

I understand that CCC (using 7.5 now) itself does not has the capability of auto-activate game profile and subsequently auto-deactivate the game profile to return to tghe default-nomral desktop mode!

So, the ATI Tray Tool is the utilitiy I need for that game profile's automation?

I hope you could help!

Thank & Cheers!:O

2. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Yep, ATI Tray Tools is what you need. Make sure to visit The Unofficial ATT Tweaks Thread for advice on how to setup your card as well. :)

3. kevinti2005

kevinti2005 Member Guru

GPU:
    Hi Decane,

Thank you very much for your confirmation and advices! :O

Also, am I correct to say that, I should only installe 7.5 driver alone, not the CCC suite to work correctly with ATI TrayTool, right?

I will visit that forum to learn more about the rest of ATT then.

Thank & Cheers again! :O

4. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Yes you are correct, and if your video card is VIVO-compatible, you'll also need to download and install a WDM driver from ATI's site. If you ever need to perform a "clean install" of your Catalyst driver(s), you should use this thread as a reference.

5. kevinti2005

kevinti2005 Member Guru

GPU:
    Hi Decane,

Got it! I think I need to install a seperate WDM since x1950Pro is a HD-Avivo capable's card!

Thanks again for your kind advices to help my initial setup! I will browse through the related forums for more how-to!

**Note: So far, no issue with games, video playback ans normal desktoping with 7.5
    !
    Have fun & Cheers! :O

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  6. alceryes

alceryes Member

This has got to be just a registry setting, right?

I have the 7.5's installed but drivers only. I plan on using ATT...

7. GIBF4

GIBF4 Guest

To Decane,
    If my card shall be VIVO compliant (I have Sapphire X1650Pro 256 GDDR3 right now), do I NEED to separately install the WDM drivers by default? I now only use the driver set (Omega 7.4's) and ATT v1.045 beta. This works fine, but if I would install the WDM drivers in addition, will it even operate better afterwards? Your sugegstions are welcome.

8. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Well, if you don't need VIVO functionality, you don't have to download and install the WDM driver. That said, you'll probably want to do so anyway because if you don't, Windows will tell you that your hardware is not installed correctly and prompt you to download it. If however you don't get any messages from Windows, and you don't need VIVO functionality, there's no reason to download the driver, as it doesn't do a thing for performance/IQ or anything like that, I assure you. ;)

9. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    These drivers won't allow me to select 1680x1050, and if I try to manually override them in the windows settings, the screen is all ****ed up. I've tried uninstalling them, cleaning out any missed filed and using driver cleaner in safemode, but now I'm getting errors whenever I install any other older versions! I don't have problems testing out new drivers or reverting back, but when they **** up my entire system, that's when I have a problem with ati. **** you.

10. murnie

murnie New Member

GPU:
    ATI X1800 256 DDR3
    Does anyone have an older card that 7.5 have been installed on? Any performance benefits over omega 7.1?

Have an x1800 mobility radeon 256mg DDR3 and XP home.

Thanks

11. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I was pissed severely when 7.5 done that to my Vista install. Took out my system completely.

To be honest I'm quite wary to install ATI drivers on Vista currently, regarding #118 and below. This is their second release that blue screens the system.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  12. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    With my CF setup, I'd experienced headaches after headaches trying to get Cat 7.4 or 7.5 to install. I had BSOD too, after a fresh VISTA install, I use the original driver that came with my cards (display driver version 8.36) and it stuck. Bad for games though, so I DL'd Cat 7.5 again and installed it w/o uninstalling my original driver. Guess what? It works, I did get a BSOD and rebooted, but hey, the driver stuck and CF mode was maintained.......I now have display driver version 8.38. FEAR definitely runs smoother........it's a keeper for me........for now at least.

13. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Mikeysg could you please tell me how much fps you got in 3D Mark 06 second HDR test - deep freeze? just for comparison, so you dont have any flickering in crossfire?

14. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Sure, here's the link to my score at FM -
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2269544

Below is the breakdown of the individual tests, I've highlighted the one you're interested in.:smoke: BTW, I experienced no flickering of any kind...oh yeah, this is with the latest driver from ATi, Cat 7.5 -

Graphics Tests
    1 - Return to Proxycon 53.779 FPS
    2 - Firefly Forest 56.979 FPS

CPU Tests
    CPU1 - Red Valley 0.882 FPS
    CPU2 - Red Valley 1.426 FPS

HDR Tests
    1 - Canyon Flight (SM 3.0) 84.296 FPS
    2 - Deep Freeze (SM 3.0) 70.876 FPS

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    thanks mikey :)
    got it working too and little overclocking
    [​IMG]

16. crowler.ar

crowler.ar Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB Xtreme
    Any news about modifying "Microsoft MCE black and white levels" via reg ?
    I'd like to use 7.5 but no CCC.

17. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Not until the next driver release I think, they buggered that up big time.

18. crowler.ar

crowler.ar Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB Xtreme
  19. grees00

grees00 Member

GPU:
    HD4870 1Gb Vapor-X