RivaTuner v2.01

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Apr 30, 2007.

1. VoRtAn_MaDgE

VoRtAn_MaDgE Member

GPU:
    8800GTX
    Problem using lod is in the gpu clocks (890 1,5v gpu passes nature, 895 same voltage crashes)
    Maybe could be shader clock too, got to see if it changes between 890 and 895.

Is compreehensive the explanation that viperjohn gave to me but i've never saw a vga doing less clocks by using lod... that's a fact in my experience.

ViperJohn do you know any vmod for the 8600gts to give more than 1,5v to the gpu?
    Without "removing" components of the vga?
    I'm asking that cuzz the vga is borrowed.

btw this is the actual cooling of this 8600...
    [​IMG]

The max temps at the max clocks (915/1200 nature) is 59ÂșC and it's half stock cooled ;) so it's fresh enough for the voltage and cooler

A little bump in voltage would give me some more extra mhz :)

2. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Member Guru

What is your PCIe bus frequency??? If it's still at 100-110 try increasing to 120-125.

Viper

3. VoRtAn_MaDgE

VoRtAn_MaDgE Member

GPU:
    8800GTX
    Tried from 100 to 145... same thing.

4. VoRtAn_MaDgE

VoRtAn_MaDgE Member

GPU:
    8800GTX
    Already checked.
    Problem is the shader clock not gpu i guess.
    I'm telling that cuzz above 890 there is a bump in shader clocks and it's above 890 that nature crashes using lod.
    Probably nature will pass at 915core if i edit the shader clock.

Got to find the max on drado now.

Viper no idea on the vmod question that i've mencioned above ?

5. VoRtAn_MaDgE

VoRtAn_MaDgE Member

GPU:
    8800GTX
    It's shader clock.
    Drago spped same as nature, one more mhz for the shader bump and freeze.

But with no lod 915 on the core same bump on shader... weird vga's LOL

6. simri

simri New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 2900 XT @ 850/1000
    Unwinder: Any chance to get RivaTuner 2.02 to watch temps and volt on
    ATI HD2900XT?

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Sorry, I provide 2.02 with X2900XT support under NDA only to testers I know personally. Plese wait for public 2.02 launch (cannot say anything about ETA, but I hope to launch it within a month).

8. simri

simri New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 2900 XT @ 850/1000
    oh okej
    Tnx for god program.

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  9. Kangg

Kangg Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 1 GB
    once again Unwinder.... a BIG THANK You !!!! Rivatuner is the Yin to my 8800's Yang !!! :ying:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  10. Brent101

Brent101 New Member

I was wondering if anyone could help me with overclocking using this program.

I am using 2 8800gtx in SLi with Vista64 w/ 158.45. Rivatuner loads fine, fan control works perfectly for both cards, and when I increase the core/memory to 610/1000, it shows up in the hardware monitor as 610/1000, but when I run 3dmark06, there is 0 performance gain from overclocking these cards. When I overclock using Ntune at 610/1000 it shows up in the hardware monitor and I see a performance gain in 3dmark06. When overclocking with RivaTuner, the hardware monitor does show the 610/1000 all the way through running 3dmark06. Any reason why this is happening?

Otherwise this program is working great for me.

Any advice would be awesome.

***oh, and Ive made sure Im changing the clocks for performance 3d, not 2d.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007

11. Unwinder

Cannot comment that, sorry. I've not tested SLI overclocking under Vista, probably something is implemented different under it comparing to XP SLI implementation (for example, each card may be needed to clocked independently unlike XP, where driver clocks all SLI cards syncronically to master).
    Try to monitor clocks via hadware monitoring module for both cards to see if both of them are clocked.

12. Luvabud

Luvabud Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    Well I nearly came running for help, could not figure out fps monitoring, it kept crashing my games.
    Well I've now sussed the fan and core speed, it adjusts when needed, sweet.

Thanks Unwinder for this fantastic program, never fully explored rivetuner untill I got my new graphics card, you're da man :rock:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  13. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    Excellent, glad to here there will be support!!! My biggest concern was not having RT to use with this new card! Thanks for all your work, looking forward to RT 2.02 :smoke:

14. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    Unwinder is one of the most talented and smartest people on this forum.
    Still don't understand why he doesn't ask 1$ for every new release.

1. He can become very rich
    2. If he doesn't need the mony, he can give it away to people who do need it ( anti-cancer organisations and stuff like that )

I love rivatuner and I would pay for every release.

15. Dis

Dis New Member

8800 GTX V-Sync Prerender limit issue

Hi

Hello and well done on another excellent Rivatuner release! I'm New to the forums so go easy if I'm posting in the wrong place! Basically, I have a problem when USING V-sync (yes with an 8800 GTX and oc'd E6700 its worth playing Oblivion with v-sync ON....mmmmm.... silky smoooh@1800x1440constant 60fps - far smoother than v-sync off and 120 fps tbh). When I launch a game (not just Oblivion) after changing the prerender limit to "0" on the D3D tab as opposed to the default 2, it kills the video driver and crashes the PC. Never happened until I got the 8800 GTX, but I prefer to play with it at zero to reduce the mouse lag when v-syncs on. Anyone else getting this?

16. adolfotregosa

adolfotregosa Active Member

hi, just to say that rivatuner does not show the correct gpu speed (8600M-GT) on the hardware monitoring. It's only a cosmetic thing, just to let you know

17. Unwinder

System requirements section clearly says that only desktop chips are supported.

18. adolfotregosa

ok but if it works just fine, only the hardware monitoring does not show the right speed why not fix it ?? because it works just fine !!! the gpu works at 475mhz, rivatuner detects 475mhz but the hardware monitoring shows 513. Is it that hard to fix just because "mobile" chips aren't supported ?

sorry..

anyway, thank you for RT, since it works with mobiles

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=125246

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  19. Unwinder

Why don't you send me such notebook so I could support it? I don't declare support for hardware, which I cannot test myself. And never will, this approach won't change in future. Let's stop wasting the time.

20. adolfotregosa

calm don't !! i'm sorry, didn't wanted to make you talk that way ! i just asked/wanted you to know :bawl: :paranoid: