Fallout 3 trailer due next month.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by chris2k, May 2, 2007.

1. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES

Yes that actually how excited i am i cannot wait theres a site with a countdown and a concept art picture along with a game track here:

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Enjoy oh yes

2. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    There is a video on Gametrailers already a short one.

3. Sampson

Sampson Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 970GTX
    Nice! I been waiting a long time for this.

I kind of thought Stalker was like a 3d version of Fallout 1. Had a similar environment etc.

4. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    If you think about it its a very different environment, its just like america is a wasteland almost desert like, and stalker has all the buildings over run with plant growth and a kinda rustic feel. Theres hardly any vegetation of such in fallout. So they are very different.

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Something I'm definitely looking out for. Almost tempted to play through Fallout 2 again after reading through this thread.

6. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    Then there is the fact that one is a fps with very basic rpg elements while the other is an rpg in every sense of the word. Infact the two games are nothing alike expect the fact that they are set in post nuclear worlds.

As for this trailer, it will be interesting to see what direction Bethesda will go in (my bet is on a fps). Still, the trailer isn't going to answer the most important question, how much will players choices affect the game play and the game world. What made Fallout's great was the fact that your every choice (be it about your skills, SPECIAL system was great) or how you decide to deal with npcs and different situations actually made a difference, that's what made Fallouts so great. The post nuclear settings was just sugar coating. I have no doubt that Bethesda can deliver on art/graphics, but their ability to actually make an rpg with meaningfull choices is highely suspect, especially if Oblivion was any indication of direction they are going in. Honestly, I can't figure out why Bethesda even got Fallout license, they could have built their own post nuclear rpg and it would have been just as succesfull, and they wouldn't have to worry about pissing off Fallout fans.

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  7. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Does anyone know any E-Tailers that ship Fallout 2? Its one of the *Great* RPG's ive never given a look at.

8. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    Last edited: May 3, 2007
  9. Bigcoconuts

Bigcoconuts Member Guru

GPU:
    Sli XfX 8800ultra's @ 730/2420+h2o
    ahh man now a 34day wait! lol

10. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    Yeha but think about it you make a post apolcalytipc rpg and the fallout fans will flame it to hell for not been original, but the devs at betheseda are massive fallout fans and if they do it properly they will win the fallout fans over!

11. pieisgood

pieisgood Guest

GPU:
    4870 512mb

OOH BOY OOOOOOH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!

I played tactics yesterday lan with some freinds. love the game series

12. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    That's what they say, more likely than not it's just PR. Especially considering abismal lack of choices in Oblivion, surely fans of Fallout would build a game that reflects what kind of games they like to play, at least in some way. I'd then say that chances of them doing a proper sequel are small, and chances of them doing a great looking easily accesable game intended primarily for easily confused console crowd is high. Which would be a type of game Fallout fans wouldn't even look at twice, but since Bethesda picked the coveted Fallout 3 name they will be burried under criticism as soon as trailer surfaces, trust me on that.

13. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    hmm i saw fallout 3 and it look like one of those crappy games for $20 u can find at compusa.

14. simonknight

simonknight Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GS OC AGP
    Is it just me, or does that look like the Unreal 3 engine?

Also, who wants to take bets on what this will be released on first? The last time Bethesda took over a PC game that had been years in the making they( being the sold out, souless, heathens they have become) released the Xbox version of it six months before the PC version. So I'm betting 360 first, PC and probably PS3 6 months later. Not like it matters anyways. Fallout will probably be turned into an action game franchise just like TES.

15. simonknight

simonknight Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GS OC AGP
    3 days left to see what Bethesda has done with it. Please god, let me be wrong.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007

16. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    AFAIK Fallout 3 will use a modified Oblivion engine.

17. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Yes, it uses the Gamebryo engine. Same engine that is used in Oblivion, Civilization 4 etc.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Still says 3 days here.