Coolmaster Centurion 5 or Antec Nine Hundred Gamer Case

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by vietsolar, May 27, 2007.

1. vietsolar

vietsolar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 7600GT
    Which one should i choose?

2. kerpunkin27

kerpunkin27 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX+
    Both are very nice. Can't go wrong either way.

3. Entis

Entis Member

GPU:
    BFGTech 8800GTX 768 Mb
    In another thread I posted a new system i just built. Anyhow, my last system which will become a server running longhorn, has an Antec 900 Case. The fans are very nice, and I like the case layout. Only problem it, it is a bit cramped for me.

I have gone with the 3D Aurora 570 Case Black. Full aluminum case. paid $ 149 US for it. It is big there is no question in that, but lots of room, easy to work on. Locks in the front and back. And has a tool case box, which if you remove you can go with 6 hard drives. it has 2 3.5" bays and 5 x 5.25" bays. 3 Large fans. With the rig i just built, there is alot of room in there. Cards slots dont need screws it has a level locking mechanism.

Only other beef with the antech is that it sits low. The Aurora has swing out legs.

4. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M

5. Xenoasd

Xenoasd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 320mb SC
    i say go with the antec 900 case.. i have one, i love it. but ur limited 3 slots... so that limits u putting fan controller, sound i/o panels, etc..
    i say go with the cheaper one :p

6. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i'm guessing that antec must be fairly noisy with those fans on front.
    i usually prefer to build my own case from fiberglass or other such materials where i can make it proper size/shape for any specific hardware and add noise dampening materials

7. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    all the antec 900 fans are controlled so you can have them high, med or low , if you set them all to low its whisper quiet , i find medium is good but high is very loud but the case shifts crazy amounts of air and does lower the temps a few notches down which is allways good

8. sakis213

sakis213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia eVGA 8800Gtx
    If you are only between those my opinion is Antec Nine Hundred Gamer Case

Good Luck:)

9. Mulsiphix

Mulsiphix Guest

GPU:
    GeFrc 260 /Samsung 226BW
    Antec 900 gets my vote all the way. The case rocks hardcore. While there are plenty of reviews for the case it was the video review linked below that made up my mind for good. Seeing it for myself really "opened my eyes" so to speak 8).

Video Review #770 - Antec Nine Hundred Case Video Review (3dGameMan.com)

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I went to the store to buy an Enermax Chakra (the one with the 25cm fan) since buying a case before I buy a new rig doesn't hurt anyway. I was going to get this case for it's large fan and good amount of space but when I saw it, it was larger than I had expected.

When I realized I didn't need something that large I was considering the Antec 900 and the salesman there told me he owns one and that it does have enough room for a large fan and large card such as an 8800GTX or HD2900XT.

I ended up buying the Antec 900 since it comes with 4 fans (2x12cm front, 1x12cm back, 1x20cm top) and another fan can be added to the side while the Enermax Chakra only comes with 1 front fan and a 25cm side fan (and doesn't have holes for liquid cooling tubes). All but the 20cm fan on the Antec 900 are blue LED fans.

I'm not sure if really does have enough room for an 8800GTX or other large card but it has enough room to fit in a card 30% or so larger than my X800XT. Overall it's a very nice case with nice touches such as having the space for the PSU at the bottom and has removable cages for the drives. I would recommend it unless you're really worried about space.

Last edited: May 28, 2007