Your take on the "marijuana"

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jw_Leonhart, May 23, 2007.

?

Should Marijuana be legalized?

1. No!

44 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Yes!

41 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. Yes, But with rules.

69 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. Cold Fussion

Cold Fussion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 260 gtx (216sp)
    Legalise it. It works fine and dandy in Holland so it would work fine and dandy in any other country.

2. Ghz

Ghz Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800ultra 256mb
    wow a lot of propoganda warshipers in here.

so on that note good by.:smoke:

and now you know why I'm so nice to people.

@gun, ;)

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  3. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAX1900XTX 512MB + VF-900
    This is a long read, but well worth it.
    http://www.marijuana-uses.com/essays/002.html

A fantastic quote from the article....
    Stay green.

4. JimmyFox

JimmyFox Master Guru

GPU:
    2x ATi Radeon HD4830 CF
    It should be legalised so that dealers won't make any money of it.
    And it should be for personal use only.
    Also, only adults should be allowed to use it and drivers should be checked for consuming it also.

It should be treated like plain cigarettes and alcohol, but even more strictly in some cases.

Either that, or BAN both nicotine and alcohol too. They are all drugs.

People should do no drugs at all. For example, alcohol is also a drug used for "recreational" reasons. But it is not illegal.

By legalising marijuana, it loses much of its "charm". Being illegal many people try it just because of that. Becoming legal, it will become just another usual drug, like nicotine and alcohol. It should be taxed, responsibly consumed and everyone will be happy. Then, it's up to their education and mental level to use it wisely.

5. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    I used this to write a paper, tells of all the misconceptions about marijauna..and that while it isn't nearly as bad as people portray..it still isn't harmless.
    http://paranoia.lycaeum.org/marijuana/facts/mj-health-mythology.html
    This is a good read, also.
    http://marijuana.drugwarrant.com
    It talks about how and why Marijuana first became illegal, quite sad actually.

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Quote:
    Either that, or BAN both nicotine and alcohol too. They are all drugs.

tobaco lobby is still too stong wait a few yrs than it will lead to crack use.

7. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    How about we teach people how to be that way without the mind-altering drugs?

8. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080

We have bigger problems in the world to deal with.
    Spending millions to arrest and jail someone for smoking pot while at the same time alcohol is okay, to me is rediculous. But to each his own.
    By the way I don't do it myself, :smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U8qZ-du4WI

9. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that either. Why not let a person choose what he/she wants to do with their own body?

Secondly, from my own experience I have found that cannabis opens up a whole new perspective on things. You usually hear about the stereotypical "stoners" but there is alot more to it than that. Some of the greatest philosophers in the world used drugs, and many more intelligent people are also users.

10. Paulus

Paulus Master Guru

GPU:
    7900GTX
    dude thats not a philosophy.. it's your opinion...

An ironic beer in your avatar then- alcohol is a drug you know, a much worse one than cannabis.
    thats because it's illegal.. it's pushed underground; just like prostitution
    I agree there.

My main argument is that It should be legal for pain relief.

oh and alcohol should be illegal/moderated better

sorry 2 rant

11. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
  12. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    I'm glad someone understood exactly what I was trying to say. :p

13. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    These from Norml Canada (Link):

- That in Canada, a constitutional democracy governed by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, there is a consensus that governments should not interfere with the liberty of the citizen, unless the conduct in question presents a serious, substantial, or significant risk of harm to innocent third parties or society as a whole – and that numerous government-sponsored commissions and committees have all concluded that the risk of harm associated with the use of cannabis does not warrant or justify criminalization of this activity.

- That cannabis is a relatively benign substance that has been used safely by many millions of Canadians. Nonetheless, it is recognized and accepted that the criminal law prohibits driving a vehicle while one's ability to do so is impaired by any psychoactive substance, including cannabis. It is further recognized that people should be properly educated about the potential risks and benefits of using cannabis before engaging in the use of the substance, in order that they can do so on an informed and voluntary basis.

- That the continued application of the stigmatizing label of “criminal” to a voluntary and informed choice made by over 3,000,000 Canadians can only serve to foster widespread disrespect for the administration of the law, and of criminal justice in particular, and that the current prohibitory policy towards the use, production, and distribution of cannabis is counterproductive and leads to many social harms – including the marginalization of the youth population (70% of whom have used cannabis), the creation of an unregulated black market attractive to elements of organized crime, and the squandering of limited and valuable criminal justice resources.

- That cannabis should be fully legalized, and that its use, production, and distribution be properly regulated and taxed by provincial and local governments, much like alcohol and gambling.

14. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Amen - what I do with my own body is totally up to me. Having the odd spliff or brownie has nothing to do with anyone else. I do it in my own home, it does not effect anyone but me.

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    beside,anyone who smokes a joint once in a while knows it's equally or even less worse then drinking.

I do it occasionally when I go out, but I'm planning on doing it more, not everyday but as replacement for booze on the nights out. It's cheaper actually, 20 euros of pot get's u as wasted as 50 to 75 euros of booze do and your not as sick afterwards, no hangovers.

16. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Stay in school don't do drugs.

17. yogo

yogo Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GS PCI-E
    i dont see whats wrong with it, but i cant see much of a problem where i live (melbourne) but i do know a few kids who have done it but none that do it regularly (they all hate the taste lol, to me it was just like ciggies but ive only doen it once and then it wasnt much)

i jsut hate it when kids do it so much that they become phased out, thats where it needs to stop i think.

18. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    Same with any thing..eating, drinking alcohol, gaming..any thing

19. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    I agree, let people choose. However as soon as that choice starts to affect me (say, such things as taxes used for drug rehab) it becomes my problem.

There's no such thing as a 'new perspective'. It is a delusion created by chemical reactions in the brain. Nothing special or insightful about it. Just like new-age hippie bull****, none of it is real or has any impact on the real world. There is a reason why they're called "Mind-altering" drugs.

I've been there. Trust me I've probably smoked more then most people on this thread who support it in my lifetime. However I have learned there is so much to the real world that I could spend 10 lifetimes exploring and learning. I'm not gonna waste any more of the 1 I do have chasing the false.

If that is how you want to waste your life, I won't try to stop you.

20. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    I take it you don't drink Tea, Coffee or Chocolate then..... wouldn't want to get any of that nasty mind altering caffeine near ya.

That's a very dated "holier than thou" attitude you have there. No one is without their vices.
    Cigarettes are chemical packed, state sanctioned, death sticks... you probably don't agree with those either; but your diatribe would probably be better directed at the tobacco industry than a niche, less costly (in the tax payers sense), pastime.

I think you should also consider never listening to music or viewing art again. If it's good, then there is a chance that who ever made it was off their face on psychotropic substances of one form or another. You wouldn't want such materials, derived from filthy drugs, to invade your 'tax paying' mental vicinity..... and not forgetting, you wouldn't want to render yourself a hypocrite.... so it's best for you to not engage in any entertainment, just to be on the safe side. The Influence of the Beatles on the musical zeitgeist, both technically and creatively, since the 1960's with their Sargent Pepper's album (and they WERE completely sh!tfaced when they made that) kind of rules out any music, post that album, you might happen to like. And they are just one example. Beethoven was an alcoholic and the like of Dickens and Byron loved to trip out on laudanum.
    If you care to take a look at the "most intelligent people" thread somewhere on the first page of the pub; I would think a fair few of the people mentioned would have had some run-in with a, currently labelled, illegal substance.

My thoughts on marijuana are that, since it's a plant, having it be illegal it is both bizarre and retarded. It should be de-illegalised for that reason alone.
    As for everything else, I'm all for personal choice...... 100%. Make it all legal. The stupid will be dealt with via Mr Darwin's magical theory of delights.