Lord Of The Rings : Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Herbert0100, May 22, 2007.

1. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    This is the first MMORPG ive ever tried and I must say its brilliant , the amount of things you can do is huge , all of the traits deeds and worker traits , its brilliant me and my level 20 dwarf champion are awesome :D (BTW growing and selling pipeweed is anyone wants some :p ) this game is very very good and i can definatly see me playing it for a very long time .

Just my 2 cents , what do you players think of the game so far ?

2. Jake

Jake Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX 768Mb
    Makes a decent first MMO, nicely polished, pretty stable. Possibly veterans of the MMO genre may not like it as much, I myself found it a little boring compared to other MMOs I have played. A little restrictive in what you can do, too few races and classes, didnt have a strong enough PvP element for my tastes and I found the gameworld to be a little small. Kind of annoyed me that there was no Mordor, no Rohan, no Gondor etc, although I can see the lore reasons for that.

Game captures the Lord of the Rings feel well though, and the graphics are outstanding. Just not my sort of MMO, got my eyes on Age of Conan and in particular Warhammer Online

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    its decent y im playin till age of conan and well other im playing is granado espada much fun >_<

4. darkest darknes

darkest darknes Master Guru

GPU:
    X1950PRO sapphire AGP 512Mb
    I just bought it, takes foreverrrrrrrrr to install.

5. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    well the game has only just come out and the other areas will be added later on so the game world will be huge :D and the updates so far weve head of wil be free

6. Jake

Jake Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX 768Mb
    Yeah, I saw a schedule for adding the extra areas. Places like Gondor and Mordor showed on the schedule as being added in 2011-2012, and I am guessing that big areas like that with all that it will entail will be a pay expansion, rather than a free download.

Aside from which, by then, I will be well into playing either Age of Conan or Warhammer Online, or even some other MMO that far away. As I say, for me LOTRO doesnt deliver enough compared to some past MMOs I have played, but its still a well polished MMO which is definately a good entry MMO if you are new to the genre

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  7. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    yea im gunna try warhammer online too , not so much conan :D