Please Help Newbie at Overclocking....

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Michaelvg1, May 18, 2007.

1. Michaelvg1

Michaelvg1 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 7350LE 128
  2. deceived

deceived Guest

GPU:
    XFX radeon hd 7870 @ 1100
  3. Michaelvg1

Michaelvg1 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 7350LE 128
    I checked it out, but some terminology is beyond me...
    I put up the specs I know.
    Thanks

4. deceived

deceived Guest

GPU:
    If you post the terminology that youre having trouble with i will try to explain what it is and how it affects your overclock. but really if your having problems with a lot of talk in there i would suggest that maybe overclocking is not a soulution for your performance issues at this time as bad overclocking can kill your system.

maybe looking at hardware upgrades to improive your system might be a better course of action.

your system has a good processor and 1 gig of ram is ok for gaming but 2 is better alsdo the main problem is your graphics card

a 7350 le with 128 ram is a very slow card the model you have is labled as having turbo cache which really means that it is using your ram not its own memory.

a 7600 gt for £66 (about 120$) would be a good mid level card which would vastly imrove your gaming.

5. Michaelvg1

Michaelvg1 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 7350LE 128
    Thanks. You're right. I'm certainly not going out and OCing the computer. It just seems like there are a couple programs out there like ATITools and RivaTuner to help the simple people just to add a few Frames per Second without major investments. That's all I really want. I get about 20-40 FPS with FSX. Would love to get 30-50...

6. deceived

deceived Guest

GPU:
    yeah using rivatuner or atitools would add a good few fps to your games , can i also suggest expertool 5 i used it for quite a while and found it very reliable and easy to oc your gpu

7. Michaelvg1

Michaelvg1 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 7350LE 128
    Thanks. I will read the descriptions and go with which one I feel comfortable with. I don't plan on doing much. I only play FSX. I just want the settings changed when playing that particular application.

8. ntfx

ntfx Guest

You need to throw that graphic card across the floor, a new gfx card will improve your gaming across the board. especially with fsx.

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    AGREED