New driver 165.03 for XP, support all cards

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Paulo Narciso, May 6, 2007.

1. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    That worked for me!¨¨

:beam:

2. dagger

dagger Active Member

GPU:
    geforce 7900GS 256M
    Deleted - wrong thread!

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  3. krosen

krosen New Member

new driver 160.03

are there modded inf files so the driver can be used on laptops?

4. LkMsWb

LkMsWb New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7950
    I've just tried... Republic Commando still doesn't work :bang:

5. sk8er_boi6000

sk8er_boi6000 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 280X 3GB
    Is this an international driver, or US english only?

6. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    US english

7. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    i got a 70 point increase in 3dmark06, FEAR Combat seems to run a bit more sluggish thou at times, it did fix an false error in the 9x.xx drivers that caused my clock to reset(false claim of overheat), but now Anti Aliasing wont work period with Flight Simulator 2004.

8. Hawksmoor

Hawksmoor New Member

GPU:
    Asus N6600 TD 256M
    All cards? Really?

HI, I'm new here so bear with me.

I have an ASUS N6600/TD/256M/A video card installed. Will these drivers work for my card?

I have the 93.71 Forceware installed and my PC is screwed.

Thanks.

9. MacBooom

MacBooom Member Guru

GPU:
    8800 GTS 320 stock
    they should, its an all cards supported driver

10. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    well i downloaded these ages ago , i was reluctant to try but i finally gave them a go.

Hard work having to get used to the new CP but im finally there i think , and overclocking via the CP used to be a quick coolbits install , now its a 35mb NTune download!! And i now have more running processes with the addition of NTune CMD and NTune Service (in startup) i cant disable these because the control panel looses features if i do , more memory wasted grrrr , im not happy with that at all NVidia you tarts.

Anyway all that aside these are the first drivers since 93.81 ive been ok with , that said i have no performance increase at all , exactly the same as 93.81 on that front , i keep thinking the IQ is up but i always think that when i install new drivers i like ;)

Riva Tuner works fine with these so ill keep them :D

forget what i said.........COD2 DX9 (its ok in DX7) ...............

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2007

11. orton

orton Member

GPU:
    geforce4 ti 4200
    ^^^^
    offtopic:
    is it me or do you have strange colors on youre pc?

ontopic:
    drivers works good only some games stops playin when i try to talk like sniper elite.(any1 else)

12. 3xiM

3xiM New Member

GPU:
    Albatron 8800GTS 320MB@600/2040
    These new drivers gave me a huge peformance boost in TDU, the game feels much smoother now. But the best of all is that the stuttering is 99% gone:D:D

The 3dmark 06 score also gained 200p. I was @10024 beforce with 158.22, but now im up @10230p:D

939 is still alive!

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  13. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    yes i do , its the drivers , thats what im saying , they have that fault in COD2 with DX9 on

14. BEready

BEready Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900 GT
    Oooh man every week they bring out new drivers instead of making one good driver.

I wonder they already have a good driver for Vista, that makes better performance for BF2.

BF2 in Vista always results in lag for me, I don't have any problem in XP, runs veery smooth.

As long it keeps lagging in BF2 and you can't overclock your card in Vista withouth getting in graphiccard bios, I stay with XP for a while.

15. orton

orton Member

GPU:
    geforce4 ti 4200
    Sorry m8 believe i did not had my glasses on :cheers:

16. JerseySeven

JerseySeven Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 8800GTX
    Anyone know what folder these drivers get installed into? In all the years I've been working with XP and NVidia drivers, I've always been able to locate the installed files. Now I can't find them in C:\ or C:\Program Files. I've even poked around various Documents and Settings hidden folders.

Where the hell are they?

17. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Maybe its the fact you have the 320 version, is why it stutters.

But i've seen same card, 7 series, same clock everything. and 15fps difference between them in some games.

Its strange but true.

18. JerseySeven

JerseySeven Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 8800GTX
    Never mind. I had pre-extracted the downloaded file and ran setup and was expecting the usual creation of a C:\NVIDIA\Win2KXP folder. Apparently that was bypassed, and all of the unpacked .dll's and such went straight to the system32 folder.

Comments:
    - No problems with S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Fear Extration Point, CNC3 or Supreme Commander.
    - The control panel loads much faster than with the 97.92 drivers (maybe because I nuked that dysfunctional NTune. RivaTuner does everything that thing does but far better).
    - It's nice to see the return of a functioning Nvida task bar icon for quick resetting of resolutions, 3D settings etc. That seemed to be missing with the 97.92's.

19. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    Too Hot

With the 158.xx and 160.03/165.01 drivers the temp of my card goes beyond 80 celcius after a couple of hours of playing (TDU), causing the system video to freeze solid. (Vid.Card at stock speeds)
    So I'm forced to go back to 93.94 if I want to play for longer periods of time.

20. JerseySeven

JerseySeven Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 8800GTX
    PaulvH:

The overheating should be fixable.

Dowload the latest version of RivaTuner and use the fan adjustment slider (Driver Settings Customize -> System Settings -> Fan Tab) to lock in 80% fan speed or so. With fan at 80%, my card never goes above 58C no matter how long I've been playing.

Depending on your case cooling (I have an Antec 900 with 5 fans) you might need to set a higher GPU fan speed.

You should be ok doing that with the 160.03's.