No Contest Plea, Violation

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Alexstarfire, May 11, 2007.

1. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Yeah, the blue enema sucks but he should be okay. I still am willing to wager that he can get the case dismissed just by showing up to the prosecutor’s office with a smile, a firm hand shake and his driver’s license.

2. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    This wouldn't be an issue in Indiana, here if you are pulled over and don't have your license, they give you 24 hours to show up at the police station with it, and then they will not give you a ticket.

3. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Well Bigpipe, if I wanted to be an A-Hole about it I could request a trail by jury. I was just looking around on the City of Lilburn website and found that out. Based on the stuff I've read on here, and seen while in the courtroom, that unless I'm about broke I'm just gonna pay it.

I remember the first time I went to court for running a red light, got caught by the camera, thankfully. I had some 18 wheeler/flatbed in front of me carrying like a backhoe or something so I couldn't see the light. I noticed it was yellow before I was in the intersection, but just barely before, and figured I either went through hoping it just changed, or stopped in the middle of the intersection. Either way I would have had the ticket since you legally have to stop before the white line at the intersection. Actually, it was the light by the Waffle House where I sold you that Ti 4600. I thought I'd get the charges dropped since it was obvious it wasn't my fault. NOPE, they took $20 off. I almost went over there to ring that judge's neck. That was so unfair. I ended up getting another ticket a month or so later. I just paid that one since I knew it was my fault. I was following someone and was trying to keep up, ohh well.

I think the judges just like being A-Holes around here.

4. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    You can also request a lawyer if you cannot afford one (even in traffic court :)).

5. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080

I was thinking it was Gwinnett county, they operate a little different and Gun4hire they do charge 10% court cost here in Gwinnett if you don't pay the ticket and go to court, I know that because I went to court and I wouldn't post that if it was BS.
    Alex LOL I sold you the ti 4600 at the Awful House remember?...
    Just pay the ticket.

Bye the way did you finally get rid of that absentee gambler room mate?

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  6. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Well if that's the case (10% court costs) then talk to the prosecutor first and if he won't drop it then pay the ticket. It's not that way here. I get real pissed off about this kind of crap.

7. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Hey, don't be dissing Waffle House now, aight? LOL. I just remember the card, not the way the transaction went.

I'm not so sure about the court costs because I don't remember paying any when I went to court over running that red light, it was a civil case though.

I just assumed that the local ordinance was Lilburn, where I got the ticket. I mean I do live there and all. I don't believe I'd be going to the Lilburn courthouse though. I believe I have to go to the Gwinnett Recorders Court. I may call them and make sure about the price of the ticket. If it's gonna be more than $35 I may fight it, depending on the amount.

Ok, well thanks for all your help, so please just let this thread die now. I only really needed like 2-3 replies just for some input. This is way too much over something stupid.

Mods, mind closing this thread for me, I'd really appreciate it.

8. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    its just 35 bucks, your supposed to drive with your license just pay it. Keep your license in your car next time

9. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    they charge court fees here in indiana as well,but i never had to pay any in newyork,to me it is total bull****,
    i am moving again btw,first to a differnt indiana location then to arizona,screw this indiana crap,no offense deadman lol

10. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    If it is considered a non-moving violation, plead no-contest and pay the fine. But, If your state considers your offense a moving violation, then plead not-guilty and go to court. They will likely reduce your fine to a parking ticket. An expensive parking ticket, but insurance companies won't rate for parking tickets. They will rate for moving violations, however.

11. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    None taken, if your born a raised here it's different than moving here, you get used to the crap.