V-sync

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Joxer, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Joxer

Joxer Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9-290x
    Is there a way to force vsync with ATT or the option is just a fake like in the official control center?

2. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    *Cough*

[​IMG]

*Cough*

Yes you can force it universally. :)

3. Joxer

Joxer Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9-290x
    I have tried that option but i have still no vsync on PES6. So that option is a fake like that in the control center. There is but it has no effect.
    Of course i'm talking about Windows Vista.

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Download last beta version. I've added this option into Game Profiles. Because Catalyst can not operate with VSync under Vista. I've added game profile option (like triple buffer).

5. Joxer

Joxer Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9-290x
    I'll try the new beta.

6. Joxer

Joxer Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9-290x
    It works. I don't have seen the option "Force V-Sync" before. I tought that i had just to use the option that was underlined on the pictures some post before this.
    That's incredibile that a no-profit team was able to activate finally vsync while ATI and Nvidia no.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I think this is Vista restriction. All modern games should have VSync option in settings. But who knows? :) I hope ATI & nVIDIA will be able to fix it in their drivers

8. REGENERATI0N

REGENERATI0N Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    A. There are a few known V-Sync issues with Vista and Catalyst, ATI is aware and working on it.

B. This bug is related to the game (PES 5-7). V-Sync/AA are not working on PES. Someone has to contact Konami and tell them do something about these issues, because it is very annoying on my Widescreen LCD.

9. berni2k

berni2k Member

GPU:
    X1800XT 256 + HD4850 512
    I updated the FAQ,

thx Ray!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  10. marc2003

marc2003 Active Member

GPU:
    sapphire hd4850 512mb
    argh...... i thought this was going to be great. and it was..... once. i tried this with pro evo 6 and it played one game perfectly. but subsequent games won't start. the screen just goes black and i have to use task manager to end the pes6.exe process. as it's working for others i guess i'll have to play a little more to get it working. so frustrating though, because it worked the first time.....

anyway thanks for the tool. :)

11. phunkydizco

phunkydizco Member

I tried the "Force Vsync = ON" on Vista 32 with PES6, but it doesn't work. There is a message from Vista, that pes6.exe doesn't work.

12. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Yep, it is Vista limitation, but NVIDIA ForceWare have it working since 158.xx series.

13. Guz

Guz Active Member

GPU:
    680gtx sli
    How about nvidia fixing vsync and TB with SLI. Feature was supposed to be in drivers a long time ago and it never did work correctly, has it been fixed?

14. Joxer

Joxer Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9-290x
    I have an issue with Force Vsync plus Kitserver with PES6. If i disable the kitserver the game runs fine.