Not all 8800s run hot. check this out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by panamaniankid, Apr 20, 2007.

1. panamaniankid

panamaniankid Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb
    [​IMG]

Thats SLI GTS running at 700/1000 :D idle, running RF online max setting 1hour+ they dont go over 60C

Check out my CPU temp also. I blew my x6800 (laugh out loud here:_________) So i got a E6400 cuzz im broke now! and clocked it to 3.4ghz (will edit comp stats later in profile.

I'll get ya more screenies later when i get home i managed to take this one before coming to work. If u need any help figuring out Its done its prety simple.

P.S CPU is water cooled, Video cards stock cooling

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    So......how do you get them to run that cool?

3. panamaniankid

panamaniankid Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb
    get riva tuner and set the fans to 100% Also if u have a decent case in example ThermalTake 8003series reverse the front and rotate it so the fan will be near the cards instead in fron to fthe case and make sure its blowing air in and now out.

4. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    just a thought, wouldnt running the fans at 100% all the time cause it to break down faster?

5. panamaniankid

panamaniankid Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb

I'll let you know in a couple weeks/months/ or years lol Im not planning to keep them on air for long, Im waiting for my GTS water blocks in the mail =)

6. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    RF online isnt really that challenging on graphics, try F.E.A.R..

7. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    OT, but your username is panamaniankid..are you from Panama? if so, how are the room temps there (w/o aircon)?

8. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    :) .

9. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Don't forget it all depends on how cold the room is where you run your computer. Over here in the UK hardly anyone has aircon, and the room I have my pc in is tiny and so heats up really quick. It's been hot here recently and even with the window all the way open I've been tempted to strip off butt naked when playing games as this 8800 acts like central heating, and 10 minutes of gaming causes the card to hit 87C.

A word of warning; if you are going to route your WC pipes through an empty pci slot for whatever reason, DON'T use the slot above the 8800. The heat actually melted my tubing, just lucky I noticed it before it got all the way through (the grill at the back of the card is hot enough to burn you)

[EDIT] lol you got there first about the aircon :)

10. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    over here in the Philippines, were hitting record highs in summer temps (lol if i get a dollar every time i mentioned that here i could buy myself a nice mouse)

and since electricity would shoot with a/c on 24/7 i bought myself an ultra 120 and run my e6300 at stock (and undervolted)..LMAO

my 8800GTS might not see overclocking action too as the NB of the 965P-S3 is hot and its just on top of the 8800GTS so 8800GTS heat+NB heat = microwave oven for a case

11. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Extreme 8800GTX 621/2160
    Jesus, wawaY you dont half have serious temp problems, we moan when we cant OC past 3.5GHz coz the temps break to high, your having to undervolt coz your temps are high at stock :O
    You should live in a igloo, that would be better :p

12. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    LMAO.. well my ultra 120 is still in need of lapping (uneven and non-smooth base) so im at stock speeds and undervolt :) ill get to OC it in a day or two when i have the time to lap the base

edit..how does an e6300 at stock and undervolted to 1.25 with an ultra 120 and as-5 idling at 38c on a room temp of 30c sound? get my point? if temps drop by 5c after i lap this cooler then ill OC :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  13. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    this is what you need to lower the temps http://www.pccasegear.com/prod3724.htm just place it directly below the 88 in the pci pc case slot. It sucks the hot air directly out from the heat sink on the 88. You will lover the temps about 5c more if you speed up the card fan.

14. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    How is your 8800 GTS 640 running 700 wow thats awsome, mine cant go above 621, if i got to 648 system will crash after 5 mins of gaming..........also my card runs about 47-50c stock fan speed idle, and about 60-68c load, thats as high as ive seen it go, heavy gaming with FEAR AA/AF on that will put more heat on a card.............did you do a volt mod on your card?

15. superJT

superJT Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 640MB GDDR3
    I have just been playing fear with max graphics i have no slow downs runs like a charm im using the E660 and a BFG 8800 GTS 640mb my CPU temp in game was about 45c max and my card was running about 60c thats all on max settings my room is quite cold so i guess it helps, this is the case im using to.
    http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/103565

16. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I'm wondering if the trick with the Vantec Spectrum Fan Card will work with these as well as it did with the 6800s; remove the hsf cover and stick one of these badboys in the slot underneath, I may have to try this :eyebrows:, I still have that Vantec knocking about here somewhere..

17. superJT

superJT Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 640MB GDDR3
    forgot to mention i have just set the fan speed to 80% all the time with riva tuner to get these results

18. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    yeah, the space below the 8800 is like a sauna :) im planning to have an exhaust on the sidepanel in that area to expel the hot air

19. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    here are some pics of my pc.
    [​IMG]
    thats the blower at the bottom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  20. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    thats exactly what ive been planning! except only one exhaust (near the rear) and one intake above that would blow air between the Northbridge and the topside of the 8800