MVP baseball 2005 PC version Old but valuable..

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by dope18, Apr 15, 2007.

1. dope18

dope18 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570
  2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You know what's funny, I actually have this game for PC. :D

But, could you link me to the 2007 mod?

3. dope18

dope18 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570
    The link is...

www.mvpmods.com

site is a bit slow and you have to sign up. don't worry it's free. there is ALOT of info so be sure to read everything first.

I suggest you start here.

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=27808.html

before doing ANYTHING backup your MVP 2005 folder.

and, just in case, if you run into the thread regarding the sliders ( found in the options gameplay tuning section in-game) I suggest not changing them.

I experimented with it and ended up with some nasty results as in my butt getting seriously kicked. Scores like 36 to 2.

good luck

4. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    lmao used is worth more than new......

5. vietxtoker

vietxtoker Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 640MB HR-03 @ 665/2150
    I play mvp 05 more than any another game for the past 2 years, especially around baseball season. Its still a really good game and the mods really make all the difference.

6. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    I haven't played MVP 2005 in at least a year, but when I heard about the Total Conversion mod for 2007 on MVPmods.com, I was very intrigued. That, and the start of the baseball season, have gotten me in the mood for a Red Sox Dynasty run :D.

It always was my favorite baseball game to play, and the mods just make it even better. As long as that community stays strong, you really don't have to buy a new game every year; the mods more than make up for it.

Now if only I can find my copy somewhere... I'd hate to have to buy one at that price :rolleyes:. eBay, here I come...

7. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    There is one good thing I can always say about EA games.

They make good sports games.

8. vietxtoker

vietxtoker Member Guru

GPU:
    i do hope EA comes out with a baseball game that uses dx10 in the future.

9. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    To an extent, yes. I loved MVP 2005, as well as the Madden series and most of the NBA Live games. But I was really disappointed about the latest NHL/NBA/NFL games on the PC. NBA Live 07 was a step down from 06 in my opinion, I still play '06 and favor it quite a bit over the newer version. Madden 07 is basically Madden 06 with a roster upgrade, nothing else. Graphics are still previous generation, and I'm almost positive that the commentary from Michaels/Madden is 100% recycled. Same goes for NHL 07, which is basically NHL 06 but branded with the year "2007". Controls are a small step down as well, IMO.

It's too bad that PC gamers get the shaft when it comes to sports games. When PS3 and 360 users are getting upgraded visuals and improved gameplay, PC users basically get the same old thing. And we haven't had a new baseball game in 2 years, although the Total Mod for MVP 05 looks tremendous. PCs are definitely capable of next gen graphics in sports games, but developers just don't seem to be interested in putting forth the effort [end rant].

@ dope18, you leave all the sliders unchanged? I've personally found the gameplay to be too unrealistic unless I change the sliders to give the PC a boost. I hit too many home runs and pitch far too well at higher difficulty settings unless I change the sliders around. To each his own, I guess.

BTW, eBay is just as bad when it comes to this game. One guy is asking for $70 Buy It Now. Some of the listings say this game is "Rare", I didn't realize that was the case. Looks like I've have to find some other way to get my hands on another copy.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  10. simonknight

simonknight Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GS OC AGP

11. dope18

dope18 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570
    gameplay

Insomniac34

I'm pretty sure the 07 MOD actually changes the gameplay so everything is different at the different difficulty settings

12. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    Ah, alright, I see. I haven't tried the '07 mod myself but when playing the normal 2005 game, I always changed the sliders to get things more realistic. Whenever I finally get my rig put together and I can get a copy of MVP 2005, I'll try it out and take a look for myself.

How is the '07 mod, BTW? I read it comes with updated stadiums, but are the uniforms/cyberfaces updated as well?

13. stjuart

stjuart Master Guru

GPU:
    4090FE
    If you think 65 dollars is to much for this game, than you never looked at how much Nascar Racing 2003 goes for, i had to copies and sold them for $125.00 a piece.

14. vietxtoker

vietxtoker Member Guru

GPU:
    comes with updated stadiums, cyberfaces, uni's, rosters, and audio for the players. also if u play in behind the pitcher camera view, they changed the position of the view to make it closer.

also, if u want to make it a bit more realistic, i suggest turning off the hot/cold and strike zones.

15. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    Yeah, that's something I always do. That, and I turn off the option where you can tell what pitch a pitcher is throwing by the color of the ball during the wind-up. Using that is basically the same as stealing signs.

BTW, the '07 mod, does it use Ultimate Rosters 8.2 or is it an earlier one? And should there be any problem with updating to UR 8.2 with the mod? It seems like 8.2 is from right when the season starts so that would be the ideal one to use.

16. vietxtoker

vietxtoker Member Guru

GPU:
    lol yea, with that thing on nothing ever fools ya.

just update to patch 2 and choose either the UR or KG rosters. they are both updated to the latest rosters available for download

17. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Did they make better looking textures for the mod? To make it look newer too?

18. vietxtoker

vietxtoker Member Guru

GPU:
    yea they did, mvpmods.com is slow for me right now, so ill get a link for u in a bit

@Insomniac34 - im pretty sure they are both the same, i think KG's has more accurate minor league rosters. and yea, patch 2 was just released a couple days ago, so your good to go with the latest stuff. but, you should install the mvp 05 patch, cause that fixed some stuttering the stock game had. install either patch 3/4/5.

here is the hi-res texture mod - http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3637.html

19. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    I thought I saw a download on the MVPmods page that was a mod for the 2007 mod, which included some updated textures. vietxtoker can probably tell you more about this as he seems to have a lot of knowledge about the newest mods.

And thanks for the info as well, vietxtoker. Which roster would you say is better? When I used to play I would use the UR rosters all the time, are the KG rosters significantly different? I'm guessing there are probably minor changes with player ratings and batter stances/pitching motions, if anything.

To sum everything up, the Total Conversion 07 mod (~370 mb) and Patch #2 (~140 mb) are the only two files I'll need, correct? Just want to make sure there haven't been any significant updates since Patch #2 came out and that everything is updated with Patch #2. Also, should I install the normal patch for MVP 2005? My guess is no, but I want to be absolutely sure. Thanks for all your help on the subject, looks like we've turned this into a MVP TC '07 thread :D

20. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    Can anybody give me a link to where I can find the newest, most accurate roster for this season?