29.80 WHQL Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by TomPabst, Jun 25, 2002.

1. TomPabst

TomPabst Member

GPU:
    ASUS(ATI)EAXL-1800XL
    I'm installing the 29.80's on three systems tonight....will report benchmark scores when completed (probably not until tomorrow)....but notice that the RT 10.2 LOD slider for D3D is not working. Is that a known issue with these new drivers?

Regards,

Tom

PS: What else is not working on RT 10.2?

2. rclenhardt

rclenhardt Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce6800 GT OC 256MB DDR3
    yes, this is a know issue with the RivaTuner 10.2 which was fixed in the new 11 RivaTuner that can be downloaded here. it also contains the poweruser settings now for the 29.80 drivers. i have been waiting for RivaTuner to upgrade and now i can install these latest drivers and give them a try;)

3. oqvist

oqvist Member

GPU:
    7800 GT/SLI
    The best thing about the new rivatuner is that it can disable sba on your agp card. Made wonders for my overclock and agp settings :)

4. TomPabst

TomPabst Member

GPU:
    ASUS(ATI)EAXL-1800XL
    Yikes...."side band addressing" is activated? I didn't know that. How do you disable it? (why would that do that as a "default"......what's the reason...if you know! No wonder my ti4600 is only slightly faster than my GF3. Dang!

I wasn't aware that RT 11.0 was out (it wasn't a day or two ago when I checked).......got to go get that installed pronto.

Thanks for the info guys....

Regards,

Tom

5. oqvist

oqvist Member

GPU:
    7800 GT/SLI
    I guess it is enabled to boost performance, but the performance gain is very little and it makes especially ti-4600 on via-based main boards very unstable. When finally I get rid of the sba I could go back to 4x agp and my overclock again.