Successfully ATI X1950XTX to 7350 FIREGL

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by saurus3009, Jan 22, 2007.

1. CROiga

CROiga Member

I couldn't make my x1959xt to work,...
    which driver did U use?

2. sigis

sigis Member

GPU:
    1950XT
    to start with i use 6.8 catalist (i believe you can use 6.9).then 8.293 for 7350 firegl

3. CROiga

CROiga Member

I seceded, but I have considerably low result in SPECViewperf 9.03 Maya 2 test (58 FPS). I was going for at least 70.
    I used to have 60 on my moded x850xt.

4. Olombo

Olombo Member

now after several hours I give up....

just got a new 1950xtx and wanted to mod it to firegl. I tried huangs skript but get no succes.

I downloaded Rivatuner
    copied the script; renamed it to .rts
    executed
    selected the ati2mag.sy_
    patched successfully

buuut.. no matter if I install driver then by hand (driver update in hardware monitor) or try to execute the firegl driver setup... no success there at all. It says no driver found that matches current hardware.

Driver is the 293 which seems to be the most used here...

Please give me some support...

thanks
    Ron

5. CROiga

CROiga Member

Have you changed the ID in the CX_36758.inf next to the FirteGL 7350 line and added your gfx IDs in theCX_36758.INI ?
    thats the step that make yourbGfx compatibile with FireGL driver...

6. Olombo

Olombo Member

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  7. Olombo

Olombo Member

Hi,

not anymore someone here who can help?

Do not know what I am missing...tried again several times....again and again "no matching hardware....."

grrrrrrrrr

should have better taken a 1650.....

best regards
    Ron

8. CROiga

CROiga Member

You need to modify two files. First is ..\Driver\CX_18678.ini (for winXP). But, I didn't find this file. I found a ini file CX_xxxxx.ini, which I changed. If you're using win2k, change the C2_xxxxx.ini file.
    Now first change is, find 'r6=', and add your cards device IDs. Checked under control panel > system > hardware > device manager > display adapter > details. The device ID is mentioned in the properties.You have to look for something like PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7244&....... youre looking for the 4 numbers after "DEV_" (you have to do the same for the secondary adapter also). For my 1959xt its 0x7244 (for the primary adapter) and 0x7264 (secondary adapter). It might be the something different for your card. So I added these two numbers at the end of 'r6=' line.
    Save, close.

Then open the ..\Driver\2KXP_INF\CX_18678.inf file. Again, I didn't have this particular file, so I opened the CX_xxxxx.ini file in that folder. Here, we have to find 'manufacture', and add the FireGL card info. Luckily, I found V7350 was already present. So, I only had to change the Device IDs to that of mygto2.... i.e. 7244 and 7264.
    Save, close.

if you do this, you should not have problems with your card. (use 8.293 driver, I used that one)

7) Device Manager > Display Adapter > Primary > Update Drivers > Have Disk > Point to the drivers. > Driver is not Digitally signed ( ok, whatever, please proceed) > Click OK, do not reboot.

8) Device Manager > Display Adapter > Secondary > Update Drivers > Have Disk > Point to the drivers.> Driver is not Digitally signed ( ok, whatever, please proceed) > Click OK, reboot.

Voila!!! Enjoy

9. Olombo

Olombo Member

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Now I got it. My main Problem was that I run 3 Monitors and for that I use a second graphic card. Unmounted this one and suddenly modded driver was possible to install.

Also Dual View np at all. Buuut: I did not recognise any improvement in Solidworks. I do not have a Benchmark here; but mainly I care about the not smooth running of bigger parts in Solidworks. I hoped this will eliminate...but unfortunately not. Seems that I really have to avoid giving parts directly surfaces textures. Pitty.

So big thanks to you guys!

Best regards
    Ron

10. CROiga

CROiga Member

try the default settings in the ati control center,.. don`t choose solidworks,...

11. Olombo

Olombo Member

Hi,

just a update for who is interested:

Now my 1950 works very fine; my problem that bigger assemblies did not run properly seemed to have its reason somewhere else...in the RAM! I changed everything on that PC; and in the end changing RAM brought me success! Now runs perfectly!

Sorry that I did bother with maybe stupid problems ;-)

Thanks!