Auzentech X-Meridian Discussion Thread Part 2

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by WildStyle, Jan 22, 2007.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The Mic channel doesn't have a replacable chip. It is a very easy procedure. You have added card to your system before correct, so your aware of static issues correct? ANother thing I willmention is when you get the chips the pins look similar to this /-\ you need them to look like |-|, so you need to bend them in slightly I put the chip on it's side with the pins down and put my finger on the top pins and roll it with slight pressure and then rever the chip and do the same. make small bends and keep checking the slot. Make sure you understand 100% what you need to do. You wouldn't be the first person to ask abunch of questions related to this and I doubt you'll be the last. You will probably laugh after it's done and you see how easy it is. Also take not of the little dot in the chip this indicates pin one.
    So if the card is laying flat on a table with the outputs facing the left. the odts on the chips all go to the left top. If you even get one of them backwards the card will not be picked up in windows.;) If you have further questions related to this ask away...:)

2. KrisWood

KrisWood Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3300
    And about the dvd-audio player software? Is there anything like foobar that can handle them?

3. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Change the OPAMPs only if you want to use analogue, there is no point of changing them with digital.

4. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Well new found breakthrough...

XM + LM4562 + home theatre 5.1 analog hook up + DVD AUDIO is the sickest I've ever heard. BLUE MAN GROUP...holy crap!! I never really listened to these guys but it's sound is off the hook.

Sorry just had to mention...anyone who can snag a DVD-Audio disc do it!! I've got WinAMP to play it as for some reason PowerDVD will not.

5. KrisWood

KrisWood Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3300
    I couldn't get winamp to even see my dvd-audio disc, how did you do it?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  6. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    well...upon further review it was a DVD-Audio disc dropped down to a 1411kbit DTS stream @ 24bits (according to the NFO file)...with that I run a DTS-input plug in. :cool:

What I"ve found is if it's an actual bin/cue (or actual disc) powerDVD works and winAMP doesn't but if it's one big WAV file (as a 6ch DTS straem) then powerDVD doesn't work but winAMP does. Odd but eh it works. :)

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I wish I could find Techno on DVD-audio, I mosty see TV sound tracks and stuff on dvd-audio at the places I look.

8. rockonhard

rockonhard Master Guru

GPU:
    Gecube 9600 pro 128
    While we are on the subject of cd's. I just would like to put my 2 cents in, thank you. :)

If you like listening to tube amp sound produced records (cd's), try and have a listen to Bob Dylan's Modern Times and Buddy Guy's Sweet Tea cd's and you'll be in analog heaven in glorious details. Just like when Ma and Pa used to play and sound in those good ol' vinyl (nothing beats them I reckon) days, only modernized.

You wouldn't believe your ear holes the warmth these cd's make. Talk about hot, it's smokin!! :)

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You can always connect up a turntable to your card. Given modern noise filter and enhancments you can get vinyl to sound very good. I have a
    ADC sound Shaper equalizer and Analyzer
    Kenwood Stereo Dual Cassette Deck
    Technics CD player.
    This doesn't mention my music gear. All these stero components are3 setting in the cubbies of my corner PC desk so it looks pretty cool and it all functions. This is why I like having alot of audio I/O -why I built that bracket for the AUX-IN and CD_in. You can pick up older Components cheap Tape decks and turntables aren't in high demand but they can sound very very nice running through a X-Meridian:)

10. KrisWood

KrisWood Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3300
    Yeah my prob is I want to get DVD-Audio to play from the physical DVD from my computer at 192Khz stereo via digital coax to my reciever which has more power to drive my headphones. I wonder if my reciever just doesn't support 192KHz... >.< I think after work I'll try hooking up my headphones to directly to my sound card and see what happens. :)

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    If you connect up the receiver Vis analog then you bypass the receivers Dac's and you can have your 24/192 and still have the receiver. The X-Meridian support 24/192 in full surround.

12. <><

<>< Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS
    Ok, so I figured out the problem does lie in the drivers. I was using powerdvd before to play the AVIA dvd, (powerdvd does not have any of its own bass management) and using the bass management of the drivers (flexbass).

I decided to try WMP11 with purevideo (which has its own internal bass management), turned off flexbass in the drivers and re-ran the tests using AVIA, and everything was fine...each speaker was passing its low frequency off to the sub w/o any drops in level or losing the tone completely....

This is a concern because my rc-mini speakers are satellite speakers and can only go down to 80hz, if the bass management isn't working right in the drivers, full frequency range is being sent to my speakers, which i believe can cause harm!

Chalk this up as another bug in the drivers!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  13. SilentScope

SilentScope Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7800GT, Samsung
    Hi guys just wondered if you guys use the default equalizer or have tweaked it yourselves to get a better sound.

I'm noticing that I enjoy the Soft Rock setting on the equalizer with a lot of my slower songs but it doesn't sound great with everything. I've tried customising the soft rock setting for my system but it doesn't always sound better than default with heavier stuff.

I also found that flexibass does absolutely nothing to the sound that I can hear.

I'm running a Yamaha 60wpc AX 392 stereo amp and Bose Acoustimass 3 Speakers.

Do you guys change your settings a lot depending on what you listen to or what do you recommend?

I feel my system lacks warmth sometimes and can sound slightly bright. I think a lot of my mp3's are to blame ripped at 160-192.

I'm using winamp with audioburst on Extreme and 192 khz

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @<><, are you using the drivers off the disk or from the Website?
    @Silentscope, Do you use a dedicated subwoofer? -I use the EQ to some extent but it's customized and I don;t use Stock Opamps. My card would sound nothing like yours. What you do with a EQ is try and EQ the playback system or the speakers- so they sound balanced when listening to various types of music. What your doing is EQ'ing the material, trying to adjust for songs, this won't work, as you noticed and you have to keep changing settings.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  15. <><

<>< Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS
    @ROBSCIX,
    latest drivers off the website

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    For me the driver run flawless but I don't have the same setup as you do. We have been talking with others that run the XM into High quality and high cost analog gear and nobody has complain about any driver issues...Hope you get it figured out.

17. <><

<>< Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS
    can you ask those people if they've calibrated their analog inputs? Are they using flexbass for bass management (which they have to if its going to a receiver multichannel input) and if they've checked if the crossover is working correctly.

Thanks

18. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I thinking some speaker system dont need you to use flex bass. I use flex bass when I using my headsets but not using my Z5500

19. <><

<>< Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS
    z5500 is a different setup all together, it's a sub/satellite system in which the sub handles everything...the sub has built in crossover so it doesn't need any bass management, and you shouldn't be using bass management with the z5500s.

When using analog connected to a receiver's multichannel input, you need to use flexbass (or some type of bass management) b/c multichannel is basically a direct passthru to the volume knob on the receiver.

20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    My bass works fine without the flex bass. I never had to use it and i know it working because i can feel it and then the vol knob for it works.