BF2142 and deadly yellow screen of death

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by pmanipole, Feb 17, 2007.

1. pmanipole

pmanipole Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    COH rocks on this card. having everything cranked is great on the eyes.

2. 3LIT3-1

3LIT3-1 Member

GPU:
    2X 1080TI
    FIX FOUND ! turn off dynamic lighting and dynamic shadows ... *xp drivers cause yellow textures wile thses are turned on. In vista , I dont get yellow textures wile these are turned on but I get sad framerates with the 100.41 drivers.

3. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    The 8800 cards have a combination type problem. BF2142 settings and drivers. No one is really sure which to blame. When playing BF2142 and you experience weird textures first thing to mainly due is turn down AA,dynamic light and shadow. Dynamic in BF2142 is causing all kinds of problems for people. Not everyone gets any issues when using the 8800. That's why it's hard to narrow down what's actually causing the problem. Driver or game. So far alot are saying driver.

I am holding off untill the 8800 cards are better supported or when the new cards come out before I take the plunge. I plan on doing a whole new upgrade. Waiting on AMD to annouce their new proc but if they don't answer soon then Intel here I come. Have to admit that the core 2 duo is pretty sweet.

4. RobtotheO

RobtotheO Member

GPU:
    4870x2 with Arctic Cooler
    I'm another EVGA 8800GTS user getting the yellow textures in BF2142 when dynamic lighting is on.

Are there any NON EVGA users getting this problem?

5. RobtotheO

RobtotheO Member

GPU:
    First set of drivers that have fixed this for me: 165.01 leaked betas.

They do break suspend to ram, however. Hopefully soon cake+eat.

6. VD1

VD1 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 280 SC
    Ah, the classic yellow artifacting in BF2142. I had the same issues with my 8800gtx. The only drivers I could get to work right were the 97.94 from Nvidia. I did have to set the CPU affinity or my whole screen would just stay yellow as soon as I joined a game. Really sucks because my 2 7800 gtx's ran the game better than my 8800.

7. RobtotheO

RobtotheO Member

GPU:
    Lol. I tried setting CPU affinity for 2142 tonight - as soon as the engine loaded I was treated with a full screen of yellow, and then it hung the system.

Back to 165.01 :)