NEW Forceware 101.02 XP

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by painter, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    no prob's here. CS:S and DOD:S run great for me. i was using 97.44, but i like these better. never cared for 97.92

2. kadiir

kadiir Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX275 SOC
    I noticed that when the visusals are that grainy action I get all kinds of artifacts where I didn't with 97.92. But, once it goes to "normal" it's fine.

3. JetPig

JetPig Active Member

GPU:
    dual 6800 GTs
    i've discovered the official maps are the ones that BSOD. while loading, i don't even get all the way into the server. custom maps dont' BSOD though :\

4. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Anyone got nhnacer to work with this driver? How about SLI, anyone got it to work?

5. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    nHancer is working fine here.

6. Luminal

Luminal Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS
    Ill get huge artifacts with this driver in S.T.A.L.K.E.R when it rains :wanker: (8800GTS) works better with 97.95.

7. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    RivaTuner's gpu/mem OverClocking part doesn't work with these drivers (says detonator II dectected, but has no area to click on) and furthermore, when I try and use Ntune to OC, any adjustment of the clock settings over default fails the test. :( waa! going to 97.94s...

8. Lucifer=AM=

Lucifer=AM= Member

GPU:
    512MB WinFast PX7900GTX-TDH
    Never cared for 97.92

Seems to me that to run a game okay is the end point to drivers. However I have a few points to raise.

This new driver runs my games okay, but at lower fps purely because of the limited options in the new control panel.
    So i uses a tweak and enables the old panel. And hey presto its foobar!
    Antialiasing says "off" and no matter what you do the settings dont stick.
    So i goes back to the new panel to the 3D manual settings part. And hey presto a lot of the settings there dont work either ie gamma antialiasing and turning some of the optimisations off.Anyone else noticed this? You can't be so wrapped up in squeezing 5 more fps out of a game that you didn't notice that the only reason its faster is because the IQ is crapper.

I have tested every driver from 83.91 to the current 101.02 on my 7900GTX, and I am leaning more and more to the theory that nVidia has been underhand.I think that in order to make newer generation cards appear even more impressive, they have reduced the detail levels on the recent drivers.
    77.77, and 83.91 have detail through the roof which degrades a touch in 84.21, but not too bad. After that its downhill all the way. I have all the 3D Mark progs but tend to use aquamark to test for average fps fluctuations.As far as I can see theres been no major fps change since 84.21, all drivers are about equal.

As the new panel is a bag of sh*te and reminds me more of microsoft pretty themed rubbish than a technical control panel I am reverting back to 97.94:beam: drivers. Reason being I can enable classic control panel and everything works, and as far as i know it has all the fixes and functionality available to date.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  9. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    You need to use the override function in riva under the powerusers. See this thread:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=217494

10. Katarn

Katarn New Member

GPU:
    BFG8800GTS 640MB
    Can anyone confirm VERY frequent crashing in TESIV: Oblivion with these? Seems to happen every time i go into a new area and does not seem to be anything but driver related (I even turned off all my mods and went completely back to original).

11. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    Are you using a modified INF file cause the 97.94 drivers are only supporting 8800 cards?

do you still recommend the 83 drivers over other drivers?

12. kadiir

kadiir Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX275 SOC
    I'll double-check DoD:S and I'll check Oblivion (haven't played it since I finished the main quest). Also, Stalker works fine for me as far as I can tell. Visually looks the same as 97.92, but I have yet to figure out what the pauses I'm experiencing are from (the autosave pause is known & quite short - I've been getting pauses of up to a minute and it always happens in the same areas).

13. DeeZaster

DeeZaster Member

GPU:
    Giga$h!']['E 660ti OC 2gb
    I didn't like these drivers at all but then I can't complain because I'm using a 6600 gt. Vanguard constantly crashes with these. I went back to 100.95 and the problems are gone.

14. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G
    The rain artifacts only occur on my system if i change in game graphic settings and continue playing.
    Make your settings quit and restart stalker should fix it maybe...
    You mean the triangles on the ground, right?

15. peasoup

peasoup Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    sorry, im a retard and i cant find the reg edit in this thread to change back to the old Control panel. Can someone put it up.
    also, whats the advantage of using the old over the new ?

16. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    ya the artifacts go away when you reload STALKER not the map you have to quit out and then relaunch. It did not happen to me till after I reinstall by drivers a few times but they all suck when it comes down to it for STALKER.

Im running the 7800GS on 93.81 as its the latest tested 7800GS driver from Nvidia. Full Dynamic Lighting, 1280x1024 Max Quality looks great. LOW LOW LOW FPS hehehe but does great everywhere there is no fire or people or anything else moving probably around 15-20fps which is too low for fun play.

Need a tweaked driver for sure.

17. sloeri

sloeri Member

GPU:
    MSI 680GTX 2Gb
    Anyone with a 7800GS (Agp) having Black screen signal issues with these ?
    still running the NGO v91.37 here in compatibility mode, as these where the only ones not having this issue to date as far as i now about ?

Regards
    Joeri

18. Lucifer=AM=

Lucifer=AM= Member

GPU:
    512MB WinFast PX7900GTX-TDH
    Hi
    Yep using a modified inf, I know how to mod em myself, and as for the 83 drivers I would recommend using 80 series over 90 anytime, providing your machine has the grunt to handle the extra IQ, and also that your not running a game that has specific driver issues. The difference in driver IQ is blatant, and one easy way to spot it is load up FEAR with 83 drivers if needs be installed with a modded inf, and compare the effects details to a 90 series driver. There's no contest. To be honest i think a lot of these game issues are just bull****. Whats happened is the games themeselves have evolved at a faster rate than the gfx cards, and for instance take FEAR. People were getting graphics lag on high detail, and a fix was released in one of the drivers.Funny how IQ decreased. I think there was no fix, they altered the driver to be able to perform at as smooth level, by degrading the IQ.
    To prove the point, I used to get higher IQ on my vanilla 6800 with 77.77 drivers than i do now on my 7900GTX. Now this shouldn't be so I starts to think that nVidia is pissing down my back and telling me its raining!

And to cap it all off I have seen threads on the web where people are installing 80 series drivers on Vista and getting better detail even if the performance is still crap compared to XP, about a 30% hit from my testing.I gave Vista up for now as the drivers simply dont cut it when compared to XP.I'll install Vista again in about 2 years time when its at the level XP was a couple of years in to release.

If the main selling point of Vista is aero, then I'm sorry. The over the top security bloody popups, and the crap driver performance don't justify using it as a serious OS. If thats the best MS could come up with I'd have sacked em all if I was head of development.And yes you say MS don't make the drivers, to which I say where are the amazing drivers microsoft tested Vista with? Or did they choose to release an OS knowing it was a waste of space to gamers, but had the saving grace of spacing people out as their aero windows revolved round and round.And besides the cursors are crap anyway. I seen better custom ones on web.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  19. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Very interesting.
    What do you think the best drivers for my 7800gtx sli setup are using XP?

20. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    imo 84.21