Vista 32, CCC and Permission Problem...HELP!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by sshunter, Mar 30, 2007.

1. sshunter

sshunter New Member

GPU:
    RADEON X1950 Pro
    Hello:
    I have a problem with Vista 32bit, CCC and permissions. The error message I receive whenever the computer first boots Vista is “You do not have Permission to Change Catalyst Control Center Settings. Please contact your administrator for further help”.
    This message appeared approximately 2 weeks after installing Cats 7.2. Prior to this I had access to the CCC and I had no problem making adjustments in the CCC. I tried uninstalling the drives using the Drive clean etc but I still get the error message. I have now removed 7.2 and tried both 7.1 and 7.3 and the error message persists. I tried running the install, the CCC itself etc as ‘run as administrator’ and the permissions problem persists. Did I miss anything? Help! In addition, my login is set to admin.

Thank you in advance!
    SShunter

2. sshunter

sshunter New Member

GPU:
    RADEON X1950 Pro
    Anyone?

I have since removed the CCC and installed ATI Tray Tools bu Ray Adams, which works great! The permission problem has been removed. But I do hope to find a solution, I do like the CCC.

Thanks,
    SSHunter

3. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    1. you could turn off user account control. Should work. Control Panel - User Accounts - Turn on/off User Account Control
    2. Run CCC as admin by right clicking and choosing 'run as admin' or right clicking, going to properties, and ticking the box for 'run this program as admin'

4. sshunter

sshunter New Member

GPU:
    RADEON X1950 Pro
    Thank you for your response and your suggestions, unfortunately neither suggestion worked. I tried choosing 'run as admin' to no avail. The right clicking, going to properties, and ticking the box for 'run this program as admin' did not allow me to select this option, it has shadowed in with a clear box. I tried changing the permissions on the folder etc and they all indicated that I have full control over the folder and files. I even disabled my admin account and used the default admin account and it still gives the same error message. I am running the 32 bit Vista Business version. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. For now, I will return to ATI tools.

Best,
    SShunter

5. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Strange.

I have a feeling the box is greyed out as you have disabled UAC.

However, I dont directly have experience with your issue, as I use ATI Tray Tools instead anyway, which I find much better than the CCC

6. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    Vista is sill buggy but for me CCC work great I don't know why it does not for you.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  7. B1ackHawk

B1ackHawk New Member

8. ulovely

ulovely Member

i have solved this problem !

:coffee2:
    i had this problem befor and i called ati .
    its not easy to exspline but i try , befor you install ccc 7.3 you must clean your old ati junk left over . go to the registry editor regedit
    hk current user/softwear / ati delete it
    hk local machin /softwear / anything thats says ati delete .

go do a start /search / tic look in hiding files & folders any ati folders delete.

now get cc cleaner uninstall everthing in thi order !
    1. ati ccc dont reboot now.
    2.drivers
    3.ati softwear uninstall utility
    now reboot .
    go back to cc cleaner check thats none of this is there.

Catalyst Control Center Core Implementation
    Catalyst Control Center Graphics Full Existing
    Catalyst Control Center Graphics Full New
    Catalyst Control Center Graphics Light
    Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Common
    CCC Help English
    ccc-core-preinstall
    ccc-core-static
    ccc-utility
    Skins

clean all temp files .

now download ccc 7.3 eng not the bundell and install in this order !
    1) drivers
    2) ati ccc .
    3) wdm

reboot ,its fix .