ATT problem with STALKER will randomly crash?

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by wuyanxu, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Freakezoit

Freakezoit Master Guru

GPU:
    POV 8800GTS 640MB @ 684/2232Mhz
    lol temps are not the prob my gpu had 53°c at full load with stalker and all that settings had i tested and that is not the problem.

The thing that only stalker had that problem no other games and had tested it @ stock and overclocked but that`s allways the same error.
    so as i said before it must be an bug that shows only in some configurations.
    the prob is if stalker freezes with that error i can`t run the taskmanager it shows me an error that it can`t be loaded. so it must be only stalker that causes that error.

2. wuyanxu

wuyanxu Member

GPU:
    gtx580 1.5GB KFA2
    that page file may have done the job, or was it me lowering my FSB to its default speed? im not sure, did both in that reboot.

temperature? i don't think it's the graphics card as i've got Flash OSD on and it never goes higher than 65c when playing STALKER, highest is playing NFS Carbon, but still in the 60's.

do anyone think turning of Catalist AI will work? and what exactly does the AI do??
    and how to turn off ATI Recover via ATT?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  3. Jedo_Dre

Jedo_Dre New Member

GPU:
    Radeon X1950XT
    I have similar program and I might have the overclock problem. The registry thingie didn't help. Increasing paging file size didn't help either. I get in the game...I move 20 meters and either crash or freeze, with the error being the same as discribed above. Any progress anyone?!

BTW. I also want to know how to turn off ATI overdrive. There's no off button or anything. I did find the other options more or less and that didn't help.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  4. natesuniverse

natesuniverse Guest

GPU:
    2X XFX 4850
    ATI Stalker Problems

As it seems the game and ATI don't want to play nice. I have mine running fairly well now with minimal amount of crashes. I deleted page file and rebooted and created new page file at 2gb/2048mb to start. Then opened up ATI CCC selcted let application decide on AA and AF and disable AI. Unchecked any ATI specific settings such as Enable adaptive AA to let the game take over everthing. Can now play on medium settings with full lighting and minimal crashes, I believe they're the buggy sections. Also make sure when you change video settings in game that you exit to windows and restart the game.
    Just got done playing maxed out with no stutters and no restarts. I hope any one of these or all help a few people out there. Man this game looks good maxed out and running like it should.
    Will update tomorrow if all is not well.

AMD xp (32) 2600/333@3200/420
    EPOX 8rda3
    1gb corsair
    X1950pro sapphire agp

5. berni2k

berni2k Member

GPU:
    X1800XT 256 + HD4850 512
    for me also only static lightning made the game playable .. but well im using Vista so what should i expect ... im very sure ATT has nothing to do with the crashes .. btw setting AA in ATT or CCC will not work because of the special Shaders used in the game

take a look at the new Stalker Tweak Guide at TweakGuides.com ... there you will find many answers and hidden tweaks you can try to let Stalker run a bit smoother at the current version !

oh and you can take a look at the official GSC developper forum .. then you know for sure it is the game that causes the errors ;)
    http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&sec_id=12

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I have finished Stalker with Dynamic lights and without any problems! One day I've played 6 hours (with breaks for smoking :) ) and no crashes! But I didn't set all settings to maximum. No AA in any options at all. No VSync, no CatalystAI

7. Mitch1986

Mitch1986 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon x1600 series
    Hi,

I to have the same problem: the game freezes.

I'm not really an expert but where do i find this reg file ? and what do i have to do?

Thx in advance

*EDIT* Ok i found : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

But what do i have to do now?

8. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Oh God guys! Don't go messing with your registry because of one game! Just do the following m'kay?

• Disable prefetching of game data (for decreased stutter, lesser loading times and increased stability): Go to your STALKER launch icon, right-click on it and select Properties. Then in the Target box, one space after the last character, insert the text "-noprefetch" into the box (without the quotes). This will:
      • Reduce stutter
      • Reduce loading times
      • Reduce crashes
    • Turn Catalyst AI to "Standard" if using CCC, or "Low" if using ATT. Turning it off solves nothing, and if anything, makes problems worse due to the decreased performance!
    • Make sure your pagefile size is over 1400mb. If it isn't, make a new pagefile by deleting the old one, rebooting and creating a new one (Notice! You should give the minimum and maximum pagefile sizes the same value for best performance!). The new one should be at least 1536mb.

9. Mitch1986

Mitch1986 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon x1600 series
    Ok no problem with the first thing.

But euh the last thing, no clue what you mean :s I'm really euh not so good at this stuff i guess..

10. berni2k

berni2k Member

GPU:
    X1800XT 256 + HD4850 512
    http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...1af2-4f4a-8018-be61ee635b191033.mspx?mfr=true

To change the size of the virtual memory paging file
    Open System in Control Panel.

-> for Vista only <-
    1.a.
    Click advanced system settings on the left
    -> for vista only <-

On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.

In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.

Under Virtual memory, click Change.

Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.

Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, and type a new paging file size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set.

If you decrease the size of either the initial or maximum page file settings, you must restart your computer to see the effects of those changes. Increases typically do not require a restart.

Hint: Some defragment tools also alow you to defrag the paging file while boot up