101.41 Is Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BigKaboom2, Mar 3, 2007.

1. hmav23

hmav23 Member

GPU:
    PNY 7600GS 512mb
    32 bit processors can only read 3.25 gigs of ram.... only a 64 athlon or an intel chip with "EM64T" can read and use the full 4 gigs and more.... thats why you see that!

and by the way... windows does NOT! use the ram on your video card as it does with RAM sticks!!! the RAM on your video card is only for your video card.

2. chriscicc

chriscicc Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX + XFX 6600GT
    Where on earth did you get that from? Talk about a random number. Not to mention, he has a Core 2 Duo, which HAS EM64T!! Look on the previous page, they had it right on track, a 32-bit OS can only have 4GB worth of memory addresses.

3. homerpez

homerpez Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 3650 / 4890
    Ugh...

Jumping in late...

I don't know where they get off...... this is what's bugging me more than anything about this, is that they are claiming fixes that just aren't fixed.

"Key Bug Fixes" (hah...)

With Vista Ultimate + 8800 GTS + 101.41 drivers, I STILL GET THESE BUGS:

* Brief corruption (flickering, boxes) on screen at Windows Vista login, CTR-ALT-DEL (Task Manager), or other function that requires Vista User Account Control

(My screen blinks on and off, almost every time I log on/off, or change a major setting of any kind... keep trying, Nvidia.)

* Playback issues when playing TV/DVD/video in Media Center with Aero enabled

(I tried playing the demo HD video as well as several DVD's... I got a random success rate of maybe 25%. The rest of the time, I hear audio, but see no video. Good thing I use Power DVD to play movies... keep trying, Nvidia.)

* Change Flat Panel Scaling page does not correctly work in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

(Ok, now this is just a cruel joke. This is broken in all the XP drivers... and even more broken here. In fact, it's totally grayed out! I have a widescreen monitor, and this is the "feature" I could use most of all... basic function, broken. Nvidia, please!)

Bad enough that they're taking forever and not enabling even basic functions... but they claim sucesses they don't have! I hope the next driver is coming soon, and as a bonus, may actually function. I can understand not being "optimized" for top performance in some games... but we're talking BASIC FUNCTIONS.

P.S. - Now each time I try to access the Nvidia control panel, it crashes instantly. So now I can't access the basic functions (which don't work), even if I wanted to.

(Long siiiigh.............) :behead:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  4. KommunistDK

KommunistDK Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 5850
    qft.

5. chriscicc

chriscicc Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX + XFX 6600GT
    101.70 for Vista 32 and 64 is out...

6. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Edited for prosperity reasons

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  7. superman22x

superman22x Member

GPU:
    Asus 7900gs
    Hey I'm new here, but if you guys know computerforums.org, I'm the same superman22x there too.
    Anyway, I have been waiting for good drivers, and I have a 7900gs, will these be better than the 100.65 I am using for vista x64? I dont want to waste a long time downloading as I have dial-up if they arent better.

8. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    LMAO

9. serialmike

serialmike Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GF FX 8800gtx
    i installed these without any modification to a

7600gs laptop and a 8800gtx 768 card desktop system

the desktop seems to run great at least with wow at 1920 res all settings maxed except i run 2xaa and 8xaf alwas have

on the laptop where my real issues are there is still stuttering just cantgt around it. i think its because performance is lower than it should be so i see it on the laptop but not the beast of a desktop system.

all the settings do seem to work and stick and most importantly to me scaling, setting to do not scale absolutly does work. i tried playing at 1280x720 on laptop to help with issues instead of 1440 and it stays 1:1 pixel mapped with black bars all around.

10. superman22x

superman22x Member

GPU:
    Asus 7900gs
    Well, my main question is this, is it mainly a driver for 8 series? or for all 7 series too?

11. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    I don't think that vista adds the video ram to normal system ram

12. superman22x

superman22x Member

GPU:
    Asus 7900gs
    Yeah, video ram is used for video, system ram for system. Completely differnt stuff. GPU uses video RAM, CPU uses system ram.