x1800xt running too hot on my new p5b deluxe mobo.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by amit, Mar 31, 2007.

1. amit

amit Guest

GPU:
    HD5970 -EK block
    hi frnds...

i have got my new mobo. 2 days ago....now my x1800xt running too hot on it...
    it stays 78 C at idle ( 594/793 stock setting )....and over 95 while playing games at stock settings!!......this temp. was fine whn i had my ASUS A8N-VM mobo....tht time my card was running at 62 C at idle at 702/802 settings...and even not exceeded over 85 C while playing games even at this 702/802 settings....i dont know whts the problem ....there is nothing i did with my card....it was running just fine before 2 days whn i had my old mobo. :(

2. chevro1et

chevro1et Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel GMA950 integrated
    Try changing your fan settings on your card... probably defaulted to stock fan settings (which are entirely inadequate) when you rebuilt your rig with the new mobo.

3. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    What's up Amit? :)

Here's the fan settings I use to use with the card(att)...

30% up to 50c
    40% 60c
    50% 65c
    60% 70c
    70% 75c
    80% 80c
    90% 85c
    100% 90c

Temps should rarely ever go over 80c. The fan will be loud though, this I promise.

4. amit

amit Guest

GPU:
    HD5970 -EK block
    as i told...it was just fine before 2 days ago.....i have already installed ATT and ATItool on my system since i had my old x800xt....so i have already applied fan settings as shown above already......but still...whn i typing this msg....it is running at 82 C ....while i have just started my PC....its only 15 min. since i have started my PC....i have also set all BIOS setting to default ...but still no luck. card is also running at stock speed....i hate this P5B deluxe mobo....i m only getting problems since i have got it....grrrrrrrrr..

5. amit

amit Guest

GPU:
    HD5970 -EK block
    ok..i just opened my gfx card....took the hS and FAN off the card...and cleaned dust on chip and FAN if there was on it......also applied AS5 again ( it was already applied though i wiped it and applied again ) ....but damn still same problem......i cant understand wth happened with card within 2 days!!

6. Nickf

Nickf Banned

GPU:
    x1950 XT 715/2052/1.475v ATI Cooler
    Try re-seating it once more. Reset your mobo as well (Take battery out or jump the reset)
    If that doesn't work - try these settings:
    [​IMG]

My temps never exceed 60*! I also have 2 silent 92mm fans pointed at it.
    If you want to buy some, they are only a little over a buck. That should help alot too.
    http://www.xoxide.com/foxconn-92mm-fan-pv902512l-3p.html

If temps are still being gehy then something on the card was ESD'd, and you'll to RMA it or buy a new one.

7. amit

amit Guest

GPU:
    HD5970 -EK block
    did it man...also flashed BIOS again....set all settings default....still same problem....and i think problem is of settings of mobo. for sure...caz i have today tested my gfx card on my brother's AMD 64 3500+ with MSI RS482-M4 mobo.
    here are screenshots of temp. on my brother's system..

this is idle temp. of my card at stock settings on AMD 3500+.....it stays at 62 C ( tested after 1 hour of idle state ) ..it even didnt exceed over 81 C when scanning for artifacts. while on my C2D....my idle temp. goes upto 79 C!!
    [​IMG]

and this is artifacts scanning test at overclocked settings to 702/802 settings....see..it is 85 C max. while scanning for artifacts....while on my C2D....i even cant think to overclock my card as it restarts suddenly after overclocking it :( .
    [​IMG]

so i m sure there is some bugs in either P5B mobo..or in BIOS..or may be in PSU? i have tried everything i can do....plz dont suggest of fan settings now....i know abt it.

Regards
    AMIT

8. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    You have it in the TOP PCI-E slot?

I'm sure you probably do, but havin git in the lower slot can restrict airflow to the card. Happenned quite a lot on my older gigabyte mobo, and had to point a fan at it.

ALso, you should re-install you GFX drivers if you havent done so already, then re-set your fan settings

9. amit

amit Guest

GPU:
    HD5970 -EK block
    its already in blue slot ( x16 mod ) ....cooling is not the problem....and yeah..i have just installed both XP and Vista again....but no luck....i m gonna change my PSU tomorrow....caz i have doubt in it.

10. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Shouldnt be causing the card to overheat though.

By any chance have you disabled the ATI poller? Your card may be running in 3d mode all the time.

11. amit

amit Guest

GPU:
    HD5970 -EK block
    yes...i m using ATT..which generally disables pollar all the time...how to enable it again? although..i still hadnt problem with disabled pollar on my athlon..