Catalyst 7.3 Are Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by grees00, Mar 28, 2007.

1. notyou

notyou Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 & I'm having zero problems with the 7.3's. Everything installed properly on the 1st try.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  2. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    7.3's seem to be working nicely with Win XP 32bit and X1950XTX. The 7.2's would give me random 2D artifacting, especially on black backgrounds. These are fine. CP loads faster as well.

3. crkwhr

crkwhr Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080ti sc2
    odd i didnt get those errors. ccc worked fine in my vista 64bit. still not getting those errors in 7.3 :) ill count myself as lucky

4. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I've found an AA error with Oblivion. Basically AA only works one time after I've set it. After that I have to set AA in the ATi control panel for each time I enter the game. Very, very weird. Looks like the chuck patch doesn't get applied or something.

5. thachac

thachac New Member

GPU:
    Saphire X1950XT 256MB
  6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    A word of warning. I just got Win32k.sys BSOD every time I boot my system with these driver, directly related to these driver. These are unusable.

7. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    This driver is absolute crap. How they can release this? Doesn't work at all in Vista. Is there any free driver cleaning tool for Vista?

8. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Vista wont even load after I install the 7.3s. I had to use system restore in safe mode to get vista running again lol. Anybody know the proper procedure to update the cat's on vista? If I use update to install over the old version it's bsod's time.

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Same here, but it is possible to just install Microsoft's driver in safe mode and you should be able to get in Windows.

10. velum

velum Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SLI
    7.3 works fine in Vista 32 for me, no problems as of yet.

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It worked fine 'till I shut it down and powered on today.

12. thachac

thachac New Member

GPU:
    Saphire X1950XT 256MB
  13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Thanks but I will pass, just because it causes trouble even to install these :(. Others who have not yet installed these should boot into safe mode right after they reboot their system after installing these and do what that guy said.

14. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    the 7.3 works great on vista ultimate 32bit for me...and the 7.3 for xp works very good..better then 7.2..

15. thachac

thachac New Member

GPU:
    Saphire X1950XT 256MB
    if you have a message with a catalyst 7.3 reïnstall which is saying that the INF driver is missing, exit the installer and add the driver manually from your device manager. After that you are able to install the 7.3 version again..
    At least it worked for me ;)

grtz,

Chac

16. pmania

pmania New Member

GPU:
    Asus X850XT PE 256MB
    I can see only welcome in the control center. I have Windows XP Professional. It also list only 1 graphics adapter in control center, instead of the secondary too. I am going to try to 7.1 ->7.3

[​IMG]

17. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    any one know of sites to download just the display driver cause i dont like useing ccc

18. ombas

ombas Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX560 2GB
    just use custom install and uncheck ccc and make the sure the display driver is checked. i don't use ccc either, just ati tray tools.

19. greycell

greycell New Member

GPU:
    PowerColor X800XL 256 MB
    I updated to 7.3 on the faint hope that my problems with San Andreas in 32-bit Vista were caused by video drivers and would be fixed, even though the change log didn't really seem to reference anything specifically that might. The problem was that entering the menu had a random chance of hanging the game with a blank screen while the sound kept playing. Luckily Vista was really good about letting me out of it with ctrl+alt+delete. Another glitch was that mouse control would stop working upon entering or returning from the menu sometimes. A workaround was to enter and leave the menu rapidly. It often unfroze the mouse, but unfortunately that was prone to causing the hanging problem.

So yeah, 7.3 solved THAT problem, except now I have a new one. I have no idea what causes this, but rebooting it fixes it temporarily. What happens is that launching a full-screen game causes it to get minimised to the task bar instantly. Some games let me back in (San Andreas, IL-2 Sturmovik 1946), others will never work unless I reboot the computer in between (Starcraft, Geometry Wars).

I haven't seen anyone else with this problem anywhere where I post on-line. I'm hoping someone does and has found a workaround that doesn't involve rebooting each time.

20. danylati

danylati Member Guru

GPU:
    Ati HD 2900XT Saphire 512Mb
    i have the same proble greycell, with my x800 pro and vista 32bit.

when i playing command and conquer 3, the game minimize