poor service fron nvidia with vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by elpirate1, Mar 28, 2007.

1. elpirate1

elpirate1 Member

GPU:
    DUAL GALAXY 8800GT SLI
    i have contacted nvidia several times with there quality assurance website about problems i have had with there vista drivers, but received no response or acknowledgement. Anyone got a response or some sort of help from nvidia? you'de think they would at least acknowledge your message, the vista driver problem saga to me is a complete joke!! :crapper:

2. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    I have emailed them too ,with no replies at all from them.thats why when i upgrade pc again not going to get nvidia products any longer.
    There very quick with bringing new products out but the support lacks very badly,and allso wish they could bring out drivers to support there product as often as they bring there new hardware out (1 out of 10 to nvidia).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  3. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    what ever happend to nvida has so much better drivers then ati

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    i'm fairly certain that NVidia knows about just about every problem people are having. They've probably been getting harrassed since before it was even released by those people who thought gaming was a necessity on the RTM install prior to Vista actually being released (Kinda evident by the "gamers" who threatened class action suit against NVidia if they didn't get an appology and an exact or near-exact estimate of a release date for better drivers)

what YOU have to take into consideration though.... is that Vista is brand new and requires like... 3 times as much work to make a single driver release, coding drivers to work with DX10 is something that they never had to do before, hence still brand new no matter how much help they're getting from MS in the matter, and also.... i don't remember ATi's Vista drivers being top-notch either in Vista.

5. Wintrmte

Wintrmte Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 295
    I'm not trying to start an argument, but please keep in mind that nVidia had well over 1.5 years to develop the driver PRIOR to Vista's release.. They had access to the vista code just like ATi.

6. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    ....... why does everyone keep saying that?!?!?! YES nVidia basically had a year and a half to develop on Vista..... but what the hell's the point on spending the time to develop the drivers for Vista on what at that time were HEAVILY beta builds? They still don't even have the greatest working XP drivers for the 8800 series...... probably the main reason they waited till the RTM or later to start focusing on them heavily. Then there's also the fact that HAD they developed for the beta builds, they probably would have had to start from scratch quite a few times over.... which honestly would have been a waste of their coder's time that could be spent on XP drivers. Probably the same reason there were only maybe 2 or 3 Sound Blaster drivers released for Vista throughout it's beta period, and the same with motherboard drivers. Hell, i got an NForce 500 board shortly after they were released, and couldn't use the build of Vista that was released at that time, nor could i use the next one or two builds, because apparently the NForce 500 boards weren't supported on it at that time.

People keep thinking of these things on a timeline standpoint, and not on the business's standpoint. developing drivers or pretty much ANYTHING relatively major on a beta OS just to have a rather high chance of starting over shortly afterwards would basically be like a video card manufacturer developing a new video card, realizing that there was a problem with something, but instead of finding the problem and correcting it, they just scrap the whole project and start over again. I'd much rather have drivers built from the ground up for a released version of the OS, than a version of the driver created for a beta version that was tweaked ever so slightly to work on newer builds and then the release.

If you took part in the beta process.... you'd have noticed that 9 times out of 10, drivers that worked for one build usually didn't work for the next.

and yes, both NVidia and ATI had access to Vista's code... but if i remember correctly, i think ATi had even LESS driver releases throughout the beta period. They also don't have to worry about DX10 at this point since none of their current cards support it.

7. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    they have not got the xp drivers working 100% , so why should the vista drivers be any different ? :smoke:

8. mosca.br

mosca.br Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7800GT + BFG 7800GT SLI
    And don't forget complete lack of WDM drivers for video capture in x64 and vista.

9. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    mosca: nobody really cares about XP x64.... practically haven't from the get-go..... and i think WDM drivers for Vista are currently in NVidia's plans for one of the upcoming driver releases.

10. Undesirable

Undesirable Guest

GPU:
    Liquid Devil 6900XT
    People will care about Vista when they try to upgrade their RAM to 4GB (as will inevitably happen when games like Crysis are released, especially when Vista sucks a lot of it up before you've run any games) and realise that a portion of it is "hidden" from the OS due to memory addressing limitations. Especially SLI users.

11. Syncrod

Syncrod Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 G-OC
    just install XP SP2 and stop complaining

12. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    thats rite thats what i did. Vista was nice but im a gamer so no go for vista as yet.

13. Wintrmte

Wintrmte Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 295
    :(

I have problems with my 8800GTX bluescreening and games running poorly on XP SP2 also.

Starting to think I should have waited. ugh.

14. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    the place to issue your complaints is with the actual manufacturer of your specific card. nvidia does not handle customer service, they do not manufacturer the cards themselves. so if you have an evga card, complain to evga. they can get things accomplished with nvidia's driver team.

15. elpirate1

elpirate1 Member

GPU:
    DUAL GALAXY 8800GT SLI

it is 2007 not 1957. There should be better support than what is currently available by now. Nvidia should at least have some sort of standard return email. I hope that a new driver will be out with the next couple of weeks as it has been over a month since the last whql.:cops:

16. Syncrod

Syncrod Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 G-OC
    well in that case u might just have to stick with web browsing till they release newer drivers

17. mosca.br

mosca.br Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7800GT + BFG 7800GT SLI
    You might not care, but I do.

18. KommunistDK

KommunistDK Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 5850
    Well perhaps he needs to but that aint a friggen excuse for nvidias **** work

19. xgman

xgman Master Guru

GPU:
    8800gt
    just plain ugly.

20. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This is not a poke at you so dont take this wrong... But. I think the XP drivers are what like 5 months old now?! and if you have a 8800 forgetaboutit.