Biostar TForce 965PT + C2D 6300 hang at bios problem / blank screen at boot

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by exscalibur99, Mar 25, 2007.

1. exscalibur99

exscalibur99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 6800GT
    Hi,
    I just setup for my friend a new computer a couple of weeks ago.. at that day it working fine..
    now the computer is either can't POST and hang at the bios/at boot screen anyone know what the problem is?
    I try everything I can, such as clearing the cmos, testing the ram one by one to boot and it shows the same problem..
    sometimes it does boot to mobo LOGO screen and just stuck there.. but everytime the comp can be boot (like the fan is moving, power light is on.. etc) but it doesn't show the display at the monitor and can't hear the pc speaker boot sound it just stuck there with blank screen..

I also try to use another VGA card such as PCI VGA card to test, but it also produce the same result..

here is the system setup :

Intel C2D 6300
    Biostar TForce 965PT (normal edition)
    512MB 667Mhz Kingston x 2
    128MB ASUS Geforce 7300GT DDR3 OC Edition PCI-E
    WD 160GB SATA-II
    LG H42N DVDRW
    500w normal PSU

..the system never been overclocked

okay thanks in advance

2. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    well something is dead or very unstable start with removeing every thing hhd and such 1 stick of memory and just go tho the list =/

3. exscalibur99

exscalibur99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 6800GT
  4. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999

There are several possibilities:

1. The Biostar Intel 965P motherboard somehow has become defective/faulty;

2. Or the power supply is not sufficient enough for your pc system; What psu are you using now;

brand model, what kind of "normal" 500watt psu? - the one from the pc case??)?? If it's a no-name and poor quality psu, it may be not efficient/sufficient enough. How much amps on the 12V rail(s)/total output on the 12V (in watts)? Even if the "normal" 500watt psu have on paper enough amps on the 12V, in reality it may not be able to deliver the required amps on the 12V for the cpu, pci-e videocard, fans, harddrives, optical drives etc.

Can you also use an other psu?

Also check whether you have hooked up the 4 pin atx 12V or the 8 pin atx 12V power connector to the motherboard for powering the cpu on the motherboard.

Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007

5. exscalibur99

exscalibur99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 6800GT
    the PSU is the one the came with the iCute 0509ULA-4GA-SB casing, it is iCute 500w PSU

hmm I already tested it with my Thermaltake 480w purepower PSU, it also produce the same result..

so, the mobo is the problem here..