97.95 leaked!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Envoy, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Envoy

Envoy Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1070 GTX FTW
  2. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    Nice find. I might give these a shot later. I just sucessfully installed 100.95s

3. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    FPS and image quality dropped significantly for me, and crashing still happens with these. Going back to the 100.95's.

Come on nvidia pull your thumb out.

4. RamsesII

RamsesII Active Member

GPU:
    INNO3d RTX 4080 ICB

Hmm.. i thought these were only 8800 drivers. So why do you install them anyway?

5. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    I like tinkering. The 100.95's are meant for the 8800's but they still work on my card. I'm trying everything to find a stable set of drivers for my GPU and even though some drivers are not meant for my card, they work better than the ones that should.

6. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    I test most all drivers that are supported for Windows XP 32bit for my card with custom .infs and usually get better performance and IQ. 100.95 was not very stable as opposed to the 94.20 which were very stable with the control panel. 100.95 was not stable in the control panel old and new for my card so I reverted to the 97.95 when they came out.

I Installed with custom .inf and had no issues with the 97.95 using the setup.exe. I reverted back to the OLD Control panel using this registry key I made with notepad. Copy and paste only the bold text into notepad with no space at top and you should get your control panels to switch between based on which registry key your activating.

Nvidia Old Control Panel:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
    "SedonaDisable"=dword:00000002
    "ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "CplGroupUIPolicy"=dword:00000002
    "DevPolicies"=dword:00000000
    "ModePolicies"=dword:00000000

Nvidia New Control Panel:

"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000002
    "TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000002

I use this for all drivers and it seems to work well as long as there is no issue with the actual control panel itself.

I did not install nTunes or NvTray Tools to get the Old Control Panel to work.

Will do some tests and benchmarks and some gaming on these and let you know how they are working.

When reverting back to the OLD Control Panel Overclocking is reading my clocks at 440 \ 2.60GHz. Either its reading it in actual DDR3 real time or its just wrong. All functions work and it detects my optimal clocks at 504 \ 2.69. I have no complaints but im thinking something is wrong.

I am going to be testing PowerStrip 3.73 beta now and see if that gets me higher clocks without downclocking due to core threshold.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  7. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    Not liking the issues with the over clocking and the performance not that great. Going to be going back to 94.20 they seem to be the best as of late for my setup.

8. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC

so why are you bashing nvidia for a driver you installed that is not ment for your card? that would kinda make you the one with your thumb in :p(ive been gettin a bit edgy towards people that bash and blame companies for thier own user errors, i see em rma numerous parts for crap thats thier own fault and 100% user error, slander companies and point the finger, when they need not look further than themselves) honestly 93.81 is about as good as your going to get with a 7600 and if you still have problems with crashing ,then its most likely not even a driver issue.

9. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    I think the problem is that nvidia is ignoring its majority of users by not making fixes and such for us.
    I got SLI issues that can only be fixed by tweaks that only nvidia knows about so i'm screwed for games that run like crap on SLI. *cough*R6 Vegas*cough*

10. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    I installed Windows Vista and my rig ran fine (if not a little slow). Image quality seemed sharper and Oblivion actualy worked quite well. After my 30 day trial ended I reinstalled XP because my rig is hardly ready for the full time jump to Vista (motherboard drivers etc). Anyway, after installing XP, games just stopped working. They crash randomly between 1 and 10 mintues. Artifacts would appear as well as blue screens of death. After reinstalling XP and replacing the GPU, problems still occurred. I found it strange that everything worked fine on Windows Vista so narrowed it down to the problem being either:

a) a black magic curse
    b) a driver problem

I updated every driver on my system, tried hacked and modified drivers and still get exactly the same problem. However, with each new "leak" of a Forceware XP driver, games would act differently before crashing.

I am currently using the 100.95 drivers because games can last 20 minutes befire crashing (giving me enough time to save) and the image quality is much better than these 97.95. I'm pretty sure my problem is a driver issue, for if it wasn't, why would they not work with the 93.81?

11. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    Did you do some memory consistency tests? I used to have lots of those same issues with my 5700Ultra back in the day, turned out to be bad RAM.

12. ReTiCuLe

ReTiCuLe Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce Titan
    Would be nice to see people with an 8800 SERIES to post results... I see the same Sh!t different day here, "OMG IT DOESNT WERK on my 7XXX series card WTF BBQ???!!!111"

13. smocho

smocho New Member

Can u pls explain how exactly to do this, cos I dont understand? The steps to get the old control panel back.

I frikkin hate that new control panel :)
    I tried tinkering with the text u copied but i cant get it to work, when i copy this in notepad, what do i do with it? I cant find the lines u copioed in that specific registry map.

14. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    if your so bothered why dont you try them :bonk: i was going to but all my games are fine for the minute so ill probably wait till nvidia release's sumat

15. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    nice find, downloading now :)

16. JoDo

JoDo Member

GPU:
    MSI nVidia nx 8800GTX
    still no changes for me in watching videos :(
    mpeg still looks like crap, divx/xvid is better, but not as good as with my good ol' 7800gtx :(

i think i will sell fu*king 8800gtx and downgrade to my old card, that one was much better ... at least the drivers worked the hell better then this new crap :(

17. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    thank god for this driver, finally World of Warcraft works like a charm and even faster.

18. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    Install the Driver and reboot like you normally would.

You take the text here, Must copy all that is BLACK;

"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "DevPolicies"=dword:00000000
    "ModePolicies"=dword:00000000

Copy and Paste into NOTEPAD

Then save file as " NvidiaOLDControlPanel.reg " to your desktop or easy access.

double click file that you just created and then you should get two prompts asking if you are sure and then it is successful.

Right click your desktop and it should give options to take you to old control panel or go the normal way. If this does not work let me know and I will give you another way that works only sometimes.

19. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    Off-Topic:
    This is the first time, that I can remember, than EVGA has had a driver release.

20. DizzYGuY

DizzYGuY Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT
    beware, guru3d put adware called Chitika or something close to that name. I just tried clicking the europe link for the 97.95 driver and my adware stopper told me it was trying to infect me. I refreshed and it did it again. I just cleaned up my pc and installed a fresh copy of XP after formatting and guru3d trie to put adware on my pc..I used to like this site, but now I'm having my doubts.