S.T.A.L.K.E.R (released)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Jeremy, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indstr

indstr Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 7800 GS AGP @ 494 x 1390
    the red text is items that have radioactive properties. some of them i think make your hitpoints decrease gradually while you are carrying them

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Well, I ordered mines with a visa card, I think they're normally a bit faster for transactions.

3. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    mines a maestro , i best have it for release or im going get well pissed , seein it in shops and not bein able to play it is right annoyin

4. Kill4L

Kill4L Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Laptop
    hi... what the setting you are using? tell me plz.

5. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Me and John must have similar taste in games , this ones really hooked me in. If pople are struggling with the combat , just remember not to fight every enemy you see and at least at the begining use your ammo sparingly.

Ive just entered the underground lab , I heard the banging whailing so I assumed a poltergheist was in the area , with it being 1AM here I decided I would deal with it tommrow morning lol.

Got myself two moddified rifles now , one lightened IL9 with a scope and a quick fire AK74 with a scope I added. One difficulty I have is carrying around my booty.

Runs fine for me without an FPS counter I can guess im hitting ~40fps with everything maxed out at 1280x960 , with the combat actually being rather slow paced it dosnt seem to effect anything.

I really can't stress how much this game has grabbed my attention im so glad I preordered. I guess I wasnt buying into the hype so I didnt come out dissapointed.

6. gazhacket

gazhacket Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GT SLI 1024MB
    Ive been playing it and its a great game but boy its greedy on ram 2.7 or near that anyway had a few probs a the begining frame rates but it all seems ok now and turned up dynamic it lights to full and i know it sounds daft but its better.
    anyway go to go in the middle of a battle ha ha .

7. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    i just disabled any AA/AF in-game and enabled 8X everything in the CP and antialiasing now is smoothing out everything for me, also this game really looks better with Anisotropic Filtering makes a huge difference at a distance.
    i'm using the official drivers from nVidia website on WinXP SP2, Vista won't be on my pc at least until May or later, i could care less for Vista and it's stupid problems (as of now), if it ain't broke don't fix it. :p

this game is pure class and as John said at first you hate it then it grows on you to the point of addiction. i had to sleep cause i had work but i went to bed annoyed i wanted to play more lol :D played like 15 min at 7:00 AM

8. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    Don't know what I'm doing wrong or whether it's a bug but I can't re-load the game once I get killed.
    When you get killed an onscreen message tells you to press space , num 0 to return to main menu, which I do.
    But once I'm in the main menu and choose to load the saved game, it won't load, nothing happens.
    The only way I can load a saved game is to exit the game then start it up again.

9. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

whats with people ordering games and getting them delivered. why not just go to the shop and buy it and pick it up from there straight way. much easier and much quicker. not just that, but you also get to play it whenever you want, not when some people decide to deliver it to you. besides, you are paying extra for delivery for nothing. why??

i can't wait to play this game though. comes out tommorrow here in Aus. hopefully it runs great on my rig.

10. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    Armoured, it's already released here (today) in Aus.

11. rage1189

rage1189 Banned

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    Food do u use enhance app setting or override app setting through the cp... also anyone else having problems getting vsync to work through the in game options.. i have to turn it on through the cp do get to function.. also whats up with 60hz option? apply to lcds? my 22inch is 60hz so do i need to check that

12. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

are you sure. gamespot says it is the 22nd of march, which is thursday tommorow. games normally come out on thursday anyway.
    LINK

13. ManicOne

ManicOne Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 Crossfire
    Armoured, picked up my copy yesterday from EB games in Victoria. Its definitely out.

14. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

well ok fair enough...actually wait are you sure it was STALKER you bought. just joking.
    it's too late to buy it today anyway, since it's getting late. i will have to end up buying it tommorow anyway.

15. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

so +5 means what exactly... if i pass though a radioactive zone it does more damage or it protects me 5 points more

THIS IS VERY CONFUSING

any help here to please:
    1. i cant find three of the secret items in area 1 (their icons not disappear like the others so im guessing i dint pickup the right items) please have a look and let us no were they are...
    http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/7172/xr3da2007032021511428zs8.jpg

2. were the **** am i ment to get this dogs tail as i cant find the **** lol
    http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/2289/xr3da2007032022132126iz5.jpg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007

16. Kill4L

Kill4L Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Laptop
    it means tha u can use this item but it have a radiation effect on you

17. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ok thanks mate + can u help us with the other things in my last post please

18. Portstevo

Portstevo Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 9800Gx2
    there are several types of dogs, and with the dirty white dogs you can sometimes get a tail by searching them

19. nas711

nas711 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Dell 30" BFG 8800gtx OC + PhySEX
    Hey, getting my copy legit posted tommorow from dvdcrave.....any one know if the full is like the beta...in that you can put on the "ultra settings" ini file to make the hdr etc go nuts? And from all the chat...it seems that the peeps with the low spec cards like 6 series seem to be bit#chin the most about the "poor" graphics. The beta looks a f#$kin treat on the 8 series...and yes i agree it needs to be in motion. And maybe people should think...since there is such a drought of pc games that are different...shouldnt you be happy with something like s.t.a.l.k.e.r, underneath all its flaws? $60 ain't really much money for 20+ hours of entertainment.....alot of you bastards are way too picky...needy and whingy....hell most of you are male right? :p It seems like rags time 24/7 on this forum. There a fine line between opinion and needless whining... :peeleft:

20. adam watts

adam watts Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB

Well Im running it on 1280 by 1024 Max everything although I take my original statment back, after actually playing it its kind of slow, its slower than oblivion. Perhaps its my 1.5GB cause im using like 1.7GB as I can see with the game running and all my background stuff. anyone run the game fine with a 8800 series and a lower end single core CPU and 1.5gb of ram?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.