Forceware 100.95 XP-Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by painter, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Luminal

Luminal Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS
    How is Test drive unlimited working ? any different compared to 97.92 ??

2. lorenzo.x119

lorenzo.x119 Active Member

GPU:
    Club3d 8800gts @610/2000
    Scarface and TheGodfather are now fixed!!

TDU works well as 97.92. Using enhance application AA16x 1280*1024 all setting to high ingame AA2x, an average of 45fps

3. pokuly

pokuly Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti SC
    Closing Prey and restarting it sometimes gets an error and the Opengl console spits out errors...
    It won´t restart until i reboot.
    8800GTS/XP32 btw.

4. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I know, but do you know for sure if nvidia isnt working on it too? No you don't, and its not fixed. Stop causing stink for no reason. :crapper:

anyways, after alot more testing since my first post, i have found that this is fast good iq and less bugs than 97.92. keepers :thumbup:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007

5. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    Any vista 64bit ones?

6. Drefsab

Drefsab Active Member

GPU:
    7800gt 512mb (and a 8800G
    To be fair though if I was nvidia I wouldnt spend much time trying to fix a bug in a game developers engine while theres other issues with your own product that need sorting out. Sure if they get time they may find a work around for the issue but as its not really their problem then they shouldnt bother unless they have nothing better to do.

To quote the release notes that mentioned this issue "The GeForce 8800 GTX image quality matches the Microsoft Reference Rasterizer. This issue may affect other Half-Life 2 based engines such as Counter-Strike Source and Half-Life Episode 1. NVIDIA is working with the application developer to try to patch their application."

Remember when windows 98 used to blue screen when an amd cpu was faster than 400mhz? this was windows 98's fault and microsoft fixed is with a patch. Its wasnt AMD's fault, and it wasnt their job to clean up microsofts mess. Its the same with the source issue.

Im not saying nvidia are perfect they have dropped the ball on a lot of issues lately but this is not one of them, we should only blame them for problems that are their own fault.

7. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Anybody care to share a modded inf?

8. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    these drivers are not 8800 series so there is no fan control in ntune. Thats sucks as it gets hot gaming and i want to set the fan at 80%

9. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Are you using Vista??? I have the same problem with BF2142, that happens with all drivers. SO its not an nvidia driver issue, its more BF2142 Vista Compatibility issue. Something with the game that doesnt like Vista, specially Titan mode. I dont have the same issue with BF2, or even with BF2142 as much, when playing conquest mode.

10. chriscicc

chriscicc Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX + XFX 6600GT
    Hmm that is interesting. I am using vista, and I patched BF2142 to v1.2. I assumed it was a Nvidia issue because of all the other problems that have been occurring for people while gaming, and I've also seen some artifacts and stutters while playing under vista that I don't get with XP. Level loading takes much much longer in Vista than in XP as well. BTW, this game is on the list of games that officially support Vista, so this is pretty ridiculous if it isn't a driver issue.

Also, a few times I try to play .mkv files after one is already playing (ie open a new one) they fail to load and I have to force quit Media Player and reopen it.

11. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    Thanks for the Info ;)...but please 1 variable next time. (Same Clocks on the GPU)

12. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Just got round to trying them myself...and they seem fine. Best FEAR bench yet 48 - 89 - 209 from 41 -84 - 202.

Havn't played everyhing I've got, but those I have - ArmA and Oblivion, run without issue.

Really hope Unwinder relents and updates Rivatuner now.

13. lorenzo.x119

GPU:
    Club3d 8800gts @610/2000
    To use Overclock and controlling the fan we have to use RivaTuner and force
    force the tool to recognize XP 100.xx driver as 9x.xx one (e.g. 9792) to get it working. That can be done via the PowerUser tab by setting ForceDriverVersion key to desired version (e.g. 9792 decimal or 2640 hexadecimal).

As I wrote before.

14. Grestorn

Grestorn Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 680 / 4 GB
    nHancer should be able to run wirh every driver available at the moment.

15. Sailindawg

Sailindawg Guest

GPU:
    Power Color LCS 7970
    @painter

How was the ARMA performance with these drivers?

I understand that this set has an ARMA profile. How do these perform in ARMA compared to the 91.47, 93.71 or 93.81 driver stes?

16. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Well it seems about the sameTBH (I have no accurate bench for this) from 93.81 and 97.92, certainly no worse.

And yes I know lorenzo.x119 that you can (and I am) force Rivatuner to recognize the driver, but it's not a satisfactory long-term solution.

I have just tried WTCC Race and it seems broken with these...textures all over the place and runs at about 5fps.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  17. lorenzo.x119

GPU:
    Club3d 8800gts @610/2000
    yessss, you're right. I just reinstall the software and now it works fine!

18. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    I installed them fine. No problems. Cant really tell any diff.

19. lorenzo.x119

GPU:
    Club3d 8800gts @610/2000
    Nobody notice the profile of gothic3 that contain an AA of 2x ??
    Maybe ( if only it were true!) nvidia introduce it in the game!!

Could nobody try it ?

20. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I know... it should run fine in Vista, but it doesnt. Thousands of people with this CTD issue when changing maps...? You remember the KB hotfix MS released before for windows xp, it fixed something that made BF2142 run better in XP. I think this might be a similar issue, that either MS or Dice should/could fix. I had this problem in XP aswell, but not as near as much as now in Vista. Now it happens everytime the game changes maps, in xp it happened only some single times now and then. And then I had a ATI gfx card, so that makes me even more certain it isnt a Nvidia problem.