110f good temp? athlon xp 2000+

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Nytro, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Nytro

Nytro Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Geforce 4 TI 4400
    hey,
    when gamming and stuff my new rigs temps reach around 110f is that good? i am using a volcano 7+, my artic silver 3 also hasn't had the proper time of 72 hours to reach its full cooling power. thanks all!

2. DeRRudi

DeRRudi Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek px6600gt/tdh 128mb
    What's that in °C????

3. zodiac_hl

zodiac_hl Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800 GT
    http://www.futuresource.com/weather/cfcalc.asp :D

when you talk about computers you should refer it as Celsius.
    110 which is 43c is not that hot.if that is the hottest you get when gaming then dont worry.over 55c/131f is getting worm.

4. Nytro

Nytro Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Geforce 4 TI 4400
    ah! thanks i will have to go on using the Celsius mesument! its running around 53 now:( . case temp is 33c how is that? hmm maybe i need more fans

5. Treblig

Treblig Nigeri Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9800 Pro 128mb
    53 is a little warmer than 110f . 43.8 c is 110f and thats what I'm at . I would try to increase the air flow in your case a little but if that is as hot as you get it should be ok . Bringing down your overall temp will help the CPU to cool better also . Good luck .

6. Uther Bendragon

Uther Bendragon Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI X850 PRO
    53 c is fine. However, you lose efficiency slighty as your CPU starts to reach higher temperatures. Your ambient room temp can be changed..do it. If you can add another fan in and out..(80mm) do it, but you are fine where you are and should not worry. Also, clean any dust from your HSF with compressed air. this may lower it slightly. Hehe, go to AMD's site and look at their maximum allowable temps..you wouldnt even think about trusting that info. I run 43 idle and 50.5 max..but I have a modded Blizzard 360 with 3 120mm fans, 2 80mm fans, slot fan and Taisol Volcano 6cu+ HSF. All them fans and I could run 4-5 celsuis cooler if I would bring my ambient room temp down to 75 f. I keep my house around 79f-80 f. You are fine..but those are some options bro.