NVIDIA ForceWare 100.87 Windows 2000/XP Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by heslo, Mar 9, 2007.

1. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    If you'd like to counter something I said, please do. So far you've come up empty. :war: :ying:

2. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    In essentials, it refers to a significant group of people who work on computers for a living... not all of them smart.

3. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    just pointing out a lack of a sense of humour, nothing more

It is possible to state your opinion without being an a$$hat

4. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    Hey, I apologize for the tone of my earlier reply. Clearly, none of us are "noobs" and all share a common interest in all things 'puter.

Cheers.

5. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    LOL. Well, typically they are smart, they mostly lack common sense.

6. CJ-V300

CJ-V300 Guest

Any chance to get classic control panel with this set of drivers? I´ve tried "sedona trick" with no results. I´ve also tried this registry entry (posted in somewhere on this forum):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
    "TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "CplGroupUIPolicy"=dword:00000002
    "CplInfoUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "SedonaDisable"=dword:00000002
    "DevPolicies"=dword:00000000
    "ModePolicies"=dword:00000000

Well, this entry WORKS first time i use (just after installing the drivers) but then new control panel take control and sedona doesn´t work, the entry above doesn´t work, ... any idea ??

7. arty.net

arty.net New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce 6800 GT 256 MB
    experienced trouble with this drivers.....playing movies is too slow and above all the video is grainy ! ! !

8. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I knew these would be junk.

9. LUXY DJ

LUXY DJ Member

GPU:
    5850/9800 GX2
    these aint good for me :(

1stly had to install the oldskool way...

no sli recognised

cant get into the control panel(just crashes)

so na gotta go back :(

10. Drefsab

Drefsab Active Member

GPU:
    7800gt 512mb (and a 8800G
    works well for me but I am having the odd lock up now :(

11. mirecek1965

mirecek1965 Member

GPU:
    MSI 560 Ti
    Runs fine with my PX7950GT 512MB, on old good panel i use this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
    "ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000002
    "CplGroupUIPolicy"=dword:00000003
    "SedonaDisable"=dword:00000000

Its worked. Trying after few restarts old panel functioning. Cheers.

Yes, SedonaDisable=0

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  12. Archer1978

Archer1978 Guest

What the heck is a PX9750GT if you dont mind me asking!

13. kadiir

kadiir Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX275 SOC
    Is this right? I've been using it this way:

"SedonaDisable"=dword:00000002

I'd say it's a typo. It's probably a PX7950GT.

14. CrashPush

CrashPush New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800GTX 768
    Just tried them with my setup. My 3DMark scores dropped a little. Battlefield 2 and Medieval 2: Total War seem to be running the same. Maybe I'll keep them, maybe I won't.

15. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    I have a theory that these 100.xx XP drivers are just Vista counterparts... and for those using Vista it would come to no surprise why these drivers would suck too. Just a thought, I have no proof to back it up just a theory. I'm not even sure these drivers to suck or if people are just finding every little thing to complain about.

Waawaawaa why is grass green and not blue? :p

16. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    You could be right, beyond the fact they're 1XX drivers. No SLI, no OCing (through nTune, no less; it didn't even show me my clocks), FPS is sub-par. I'm playing off 87.08s drivers right now, which gives me the highest framerate for FEAR, though I heard good things about the 84.56s also. =/

17. swoley2k

swoley2k New Member

HDTV Resizing Works! OVERSCAN! UNDERSCAN! FIX HERE!

This worked for me using a 30" widescreen 1080i set connected via dvi cable from 8800gtx to dvi female to hdmi male connector at end connected to tv. Tv was connected and on during entire process on correct input

1: Made a sedona.reg file using instructions here: http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t21049.html

2. Uninstall previous nvidia drivers via control panel/restart

3. Install 100.87 drivers found here: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13242 (restart) (IF FILE IS MISSING CLICK CANCEL AND CONTINUE WITHOUT FILE!)

4. Run sedona.reg from step 1

5. open nvidia control panel (if asked to go to monitors native resolution select no)

6: view->use classic control panel

7. from desktop right click, nvidia, (your display)

8. additional properties->nview display settings

9. change to clone with monitor as first display, tv second (res may change its ok)

10. right click on tv icon->device adjustments-> here you should select whichever scaling makes your display on your tv have black bars or show in the center of screen (I dont know which youll have to try both here if one fails, i used the one with picture in small square in middle of screen)

11. exit contral panel and reopen

12. right click tv icon, hdtv overscan overscan config, underscan, apply, overscan compensation, press esc (EXIT WITHOUT RESIZING!!!),ok, apply changes when asked

13. screen resolutions and refresh rates,uncheck hide modes..., change to 1024x768 (assuming you arent there already. also picture may change on tv)

14.nview display settings, right click hdtv, overscan config, overscan comp (res may change as it opens overscan resize), NOW RESIZE, ok, ok, apply changes

15. If display is not shown properly on tv now i dont know what to tell you...

16. Resolution should now be a non standard resolution (in my case 1768x992). Change resolution to the native resolution of your monitor (for me 1680x1050 for 22" samsung lcd)

17. Picture on tv may change during step 16. if everything looks fine then your good to go, if not keep on steppin'!

18. nview display.., right click tv icon, overscan, overscan comp, resize again (should change res back to nonstandard)

19. right click tv icon, uncheck treat as hdtv, device adjustments, display adapter scaling (tv may do something weird here)

20. change res to native (1680x1050 for me)

21. exit control panel, reopen, control panel config, new Nvidia control panel, apply, right now, DONT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS, restart computer

22. If resizing didnt hold on tv then retry process without deleteing sedona info from registry!

***NOTE: This is a step by step method i found works for ME. If it does not work for you do not complain, simply use my methods as a formula and change some things around. If it works please post this EVERYWHERE
    you possibly can so others will find out about this as it is a huge problem for Nvidia users (please give me some cred too =) ) DONT BE AFRAID TO FIND SOLUTIONS THAT DONT REQUIRE AS MANY STEPS! POST YOUR RESULTS AND SPECS TO HELP OTHERS!!!

18. swoley2k

swoley2k New Member

HDTV Resizing Works! OVERSCAN! UNDERSCAN! FIX HERE!

This was done using Windows XP SP2 32 bit with 8800 GTX graphics card.

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    What wonders me more is why the hell they just keep on introducing bugs in new CP while they haven't fixed any. Gamma Correction control is locked to "Disabled". But if i switch to old CP, it's working just fine like usual.
    That stupid 8xS bug is almost prehistorical and they aren't showing any intention on fixing it. I'm not even bothering with quad frequencies anymore...
    They haven't fixed anything back then and now they seem to fix even less since everyone are working on Vista drives only. I haven't seen anything as lame from NVIDIA in all 8 years of my GeForce cards usage. Very bad...

20. WinterX

WinterX Guest

Is it worth changing my current 93.71 to 100.87?