Where do I plug my Fans and Lights into on the Mobo?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by corruptinflames, Mar 7, 2007.

1. corruptinflames

corruptinflames Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7600 GT XXX Edition
    I have an Asus A8N-SLI deluxe MB ATX ofcourse. I looked around in the booklet Im just not sure what to be looking for, I have a few fans and a couple lights I'd like to install I just don't know where to plug them into at. Please help.

Thank you all

2. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    depends if your fans are 3 pin or 4 pin. If they are 3, there seems to be 2 3pin plugs on your mobo near the cpu. It is labled CPU2_Fan and CPU_Fan.

http://www.ngohq.com/images/articles/a8nsli/CPU Socket.JPG
    (on the left side of the picture)

From the pictures online, i dont' see any more plugs for case fans. If those are taken, you will need fans that draws power directly from the power supply either with floppy plug or the bigger molex plug.

As for the light, are you talking about cathode ray? I think they draw power from molex as well. (from your power supply.)

3. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
  4. senior98

senior98 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GT 512mb
    Uh If you bought cold cathodes then it should be a 4pin molex connector going to a converter which the cathode plugs into.

As for the fans It depends on the pin connector 3 pin is for the motherboard's fan header. 4 pin is for a molex connector from the psu.

5. corruptinflames

corruptinflames Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7600 GT XXX Edition
    Great! Thanks guys!

6. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    yeah, don't try and power the lights off the motherboard, you will blow the outputs on the motherboard. There is also a maximum amperage that the mobo will supply to the fans...