what goodies wil we be getting for DX10?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by ROBSCIX, Mar 3, 2007.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Hey guys, I was wondering what you guys think ATI will be putting out for DX10
    compatibility. I have seen the pcis of the R600 is it? -that huge long card with the blower on the end. That card looks amazing and very expensive. Any ides on mid to budget priced offereings? I was gonna buy a new card for my new rig but getting anything that is not DX10 ready when I am using Vista is kind short sighted in my opinion..I am patient though. Any ideas guys?

2. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    i reckon the card itself isnt that big..Its that Massive Fan on the end that makes it so massive...

Either Get the Middle Ati card, Or a 8600GTS which should be priced pretty good.

3. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
  4. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    ...and once again! ;)
    I don't know how much of that info is BS; but, that's some exciting ****!!! :bigsmile:

5. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 4GB OC/GTS450physX
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes it is very exciting. Can't wait to see what type of gear comes from the new merger. I hope the DX10 cards aren't all really expensive. I don't mind paying some cash but not as much as my RENT!!...lol. Buying a DX 9 card at this stage of the game would be foolish. I might as well wait and see what there is for DX10 cards...

7. MM-K

MM-K Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1GB
    I wonder how much more performance you will be getting out those 512-bit cards. I guess it will only affect FPS @ high res?

8. Extreme

Extreme Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3070
    delete, double post

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  9. Extreme

Extreme Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3070
    That's not at all true unless you own Vista! I don't plan to buy Vista unless I have to or till 2009 when service pack 2 will be out. Games that use DX10 only will not be out for a long time to come. If you don't have Vista directx10 cards are useless beyond the fact that it has a title that says they are directx 10. Vista is not that great for gaming yet.

10. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    and even with the current games in development, theres not much visual difference between DX9 and DX10 just yet...its probibly gonna take a year or so to notice a decent difference between the two...just like how when SM3 hit the scene vs SM2

11. acejay69

acejay69 New Member

GPU:
    AtI HIS X800XT AGP @ 500/1000
    You said it "looks" ?? So there must be pictures right ?? Where ? Where ? Where are they, I wanna seee:eek:ver:

12. Extreme

Extreme Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3070
    Isn't directx 10 mostly less object and physics over head? And therefore making it possible to add more objects and physics without taking as big of a performance hit?

Otherwise I really don't know what real visual improvement there would be.

Hmmm luckily I'm a news poster on another website and happened to have posted an article from another site about directx 10 :)

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/11/08/what_direct3d_10_is_all_about/

and to quote from the article

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    The R600 that everyone will buy is shorter than the 8800 GTX, those pics are of the OEM version which is for system buliders like DELL etc..., you can't buy those ones, the retail version (which is the one you can buy) is only about 9-9.5 inches long, the 8800 GTX is 10.5. :)

14. @renadier

@renadier Master Guru

GPU:
    2X AMD R280X @ 1072/1250
  15. bill83

bill83 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X700Pro PCIe x16, 256MB GDDR3
    I don't care what Ati will offer. But it better be a mid-range card ready for Crysis. I got my current system for FarCry. I am not going to get anything before EA release Crysis. nVidia's 8600 ultra looks very sweet. Ati doesn't even have anything like that from rumor mill. What a shame?

16. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
  17. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC

i think i'm going to w8 for sm 5.0..:D...:))...or NOT..