SLi + Dualview possible now in Vista?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by CrimsonCleaver, Mar 4, 2007.

1. CrimsonCleaver

CrimsonCleaver Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    Hi Guys,

I have recently got Vista Ultimate, not impressed so far, but it's early days. My system is finally starting to show it's age, with the Command & Conquer demo not running too great at high settings, I guess it's my CPU and GPUs (performance is slightly better in XP, max settings running at 28fps, but it's just not enough to feel smooth, SLi in XP seems to make no difference so perhaps an XP driver update might help).

My question is, now Sli is enabled for 6 series GPUs, like my 6800 Ultras:

Can I have dual view enabled (via Vista settings), whilst SLi is enabled?

I've recently got back to having a dualview setup. One 17" 4:3 LG M1710a monitor and one 20.1" LG 203wt monitor. I'm starting to feel like having two cards is worthless. If Vista allows dual view AND SLi that would be awesome. I like dual view in Vista so far, just want my second 6800Ultra to actually do something.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    the game is capped @ 30 dunno if u can have sli with dualview but id think so atleast my dualview works tho not sli :)

3. Darkness2k

Darkness2k Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
    I love the game ;) I wonder, the command "UseFPSLimit = No" in the Generals ini file removed that framerate limit. Might be possible in C&C3? (I've not tried it yet mind).

Too busy sending Mammoth Tank MKIII's in to Nod bases.

4. misterpro

misterpro Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 5870 Voltage Tweak
    No you can't nVidia is too stupid to make it work. And I'm not happy about it either, have to constantly go back & forth if I want to watch a movie.

5. ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GLH 1080GTX
    That was the only missconception with my pc. I expected duallink to work with sli and was too stupid to check that fact. too much trust isn't that good.

6. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    Nothing to do with Vista, it wasn't possible in XP either.

SLI just isn't a flexible enough technology to supply both the additional performance and dual screen support at the same time. It's a shame because I've been using my new 22" widescreen in 1680 1050 with my old 19" CRT next to it, dual screen has been great to use for a few months while SLI didn't work.

But I'd rather have the performance of SLI than dual view.

Anyhow, I hope that Nvidia (or someone else) comes out with a tool where you can either hit a key combo or double click an icon in your taskbar to quickly switch between dual monitors and SLI, that would be very handy.

7. misterpro

misterpro Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 5870 Voltage Tweak
    Same here.

Though I doubt it because enabling SLI works just fine, but disabling always requires a reboot here (both XP & Vista)

8. Jurgen1

Jurgen1 New Member

GPU:
    HIS ATI Radeon HD4850 @ stock
    I can enable/disable SLI and don't have to reboot the system, but it takes a while and close some applications (sidebar, msn...).
    Forceware 160.03. Win Vista Ultimate x32.

Last edited: May 31, 2007