ATT first Vista32 version!

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pho

Pho Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X800 GTO2 16pipes @555/600
    ----

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  2. planetf1

planetf1 Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT GS 128Mb DDR3
    Loaded ATT great after those hints. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to offer fan speed control for an Nvidia 6600Gt. Oh well the search continues..

3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Are you sure you posting in right forums? This forum about ATI Tray Tools which has no support for nVIDIA. This is not ATITool forum :)

4. planetf1

planetf1 Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT GS 128Mb DDR3
    Oops - thanks for the clarification. I was just exploring the tools and didn't realise there were 2 different ones... I have one ATI machine (vista x86) where this tool may be useful in addition to an Nvidia (x64) box.

5. MkFly

MkFly Member

GPU:
    c3D X800GTO
    bcdedit /deletevalue loadoptions will unset it.

6. Marvie

Marvie New Member

GPU:
    Asus X850XT
    I'm glad it finaly works with my Vista machine, but will there be a update so the program starts without being blocked in the start up?
    I know you can disable UAC but that isn't a solution for me.

Thanx again for your work

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I don't think so. Because I don't want to buy any digital signatures for ATT and for low level driver. This is FREEWARE util. :)

Why not? Are you scare of yourself? :)

8. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic HD3870 512
    I'm happy for you but that doesn't mean everyone else will be able to.

I used
    then I restarted, hit F8
    booted up with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled
    Once into Windows I installed ATT
    after the installation completed windows popped up to let me know that the driver was not digitally signed and would not be installed

ATT ran, clock settings did not change and just showed 0's when ATT loaded up.

*UPDATE: After changing the clocks then saving the profile I can close ATT and then reopen it to find that they're still there so I guess that's a good sign.

Ray, if it costs you money to set up a digitally signed driver for ATT then please set up a PayPal account and I'm sure most, if not all, of us would be happy to donate for this cause.

Also, do I have to leave ATT running for the clocks to stay set or can I exit the program and the clocks will remain at the values I set them to?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  9. MkFly

MkFly Member

GPU:
    c3D X800GTO
    I didn't see any 0's anywhere, my card OC'ed just fine. That could be because my card is older and so better supported (X800GTO).

The PayPal idea isn't a bad one, I'm generally much happier to donate to a freeware cause than to have to pay for the software in the first place. I hope ATT continues to remain freeware. :)

That's what sucks about this driver enforcement -- if you're the developer of a freeware application that relies on a low-level driver ... you now have to pay if you want it to run on Vista x64. :-(

10. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:
    nice well I'm runnin an X800GTO IceQ2 Turbo and the clocks are staying in the profile
    I've opened and closed ATT a couple times. I just haven't tried it in-game yet as I am at work right now. :(

Do you have a thin metal plate on the back of the card that spreads out the heat to keep the memory modules cool? I used heatsink gel and slapped an extra cpu heat sink on that plate to help keep the card cool. ;-)

11. MkFly

MkFly Member

GPU:
    c3D X800GTO
    Hmm, my card doesn't have a plate there ... I did put a ATI Silencer 5 rev 2 on it, keeps it nice and cool, esspecially with the fan at 100%. From 12 pipes, 400MHz/490MHz to 16 pipes, 540/530 ... great OC'er. :)

Ray, thanks so much for ATT and for giving us Vista support!! :D

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I already have it, but not in PayPal system. Look in About box :)

You can exit from ATT. Look in readme.htm for command lines

And it will :)

Stupid Microsoft politic. If they will continue to do such things, Linux will win :)

13. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:
    cool

I have mine at 525 core and 615 memory. I try to keep an increment of 90 b/t the clocks like the defaults.

that's what I've used for awhile now but I see your gpu clock is higher than your memory, is that what I should try for?

14. MkFly

MkFly Member

GPU:
    c3D X800GTO
    Well, if your core can take it, go for it. I suppose there will always be a balance however between the two. My X800GTO is a connect3D, which has an R423 core, which iirc is the X800XT core. So it's a given that my core should be able to OC more than most other GTO cores (which one is on your card?).

Sadly, I wasn't able to get much out of the memory on mine, anything much higher and I get artifacts real quick, even with my core at stock.

15. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:

I looked it up using ATT since I haven't looked at this info in awhile and it's an R480 core. I had some system crashes with clocks close together so for now I guess I'll keep with a 90 increment. My core doesn't seem to like going over 535. haha weird but w/e.

16. Blackhawk44M

Blackhawk44M Member

GPU:
    2X ATi X1950Pro (reference PCB)
    Ok , ray did the first vista post get deleted , I posted a reply with a lot of info that should have been on page 2 if not page 1 lol.Well first off great job on this ray.Anyway I found a few problems then but a pretty good one today.Well first off I allways got the same result benchmarking Crossfire(your bench in ATT)with ATT , even when you made the first crossfire beta.It would bench like a single card but today with Vista I tried it for the first time.When I tested it at first I didn't touch the OC because if I pull one card the other card will start clocking like crazy but if I have both installed it just reset's the slider immediately.But if you open up CCC and look it is accually upping the clocks it's just the slider resetting.Well I try running the bench to compair to my XP and it gave me a 2 card results.I would normally not make a post this long but it might help.Well then I disable crossfire and then the bench and 3d render go wacky.It pops up a bunch of error's and access violations.Well i'm gonna go see if XP gives me 2 card results in ATT.It seems as if it is a simply patch needed to get the 1950pro to not reset the slider , it's almost like ATT is clocking card A up but resetting the sliders to what card B is clocked at.man sure would be cool to be able to switch cards lol.Anyone try ATiTool just to switch cards?

17. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:
    how's the progress on getting an x64 compatible version? one that is specifically for x64. and a digital signature, etc etc

18. Pho

Pho Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X800 GTO2 16pipes @555/600
    ----

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  19. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I already wrote about it. I will not do this. I don't care about this digital signatures for my ATT because its FREEWARE. This is Microsoft problems not mine

20. MkFly

MkFly Member

GPU:
    c3D X800GTO
    Works. I'd rather not have the driver enforcement there at all. Running Vista x64, and ATT 1.3.6.1001, and most everything works (I assume that the parts that don't work also don't work on Vista x86).

OSD, hardware monitoring, overclocking/fan control, AA/AF control all work. :) Which is _mostly_ all I use ATT for. So I'm happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.