Any chance of some 8800 XP drivers Nvidia?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BangTail, Feb 25, 2007.

1. JoDo

JoDo Member

GPU:
    MSI nVidia nx 8800GTX
    hey,

i have some problems, too with the 97.92 ... :(

i bought my 8800gtx some days ago and have the same problem i had, when i bought my 7800gtx last year *grrr*

movies are interlaced, its extremley disturbing on vcd, xvid/svcd/dvd isnt fine, but better then vcd

a driver update fixed this problem for my 7800gtx card, de-interlacer was mentioned in the driver's issue ... after installing this driver, all movies were fine again ... but WHY do i NOW have this problem again??? and how long do i have to wait this time, until they fix it (i think they only concentrate on vista *damn*)

i already tried some older versions like 97.44 or the 97.73-32bit Guru3D drivers, but same prob :(

i havent found others with the same prob yet, so is andybody out there, who can help or has the same prob like me? :)

2. Captn

Captn Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS(G92)512 x2 S
    Are these 97.73's compatible with the 8800 series? The 97.92's im getting blurry font which give me a headache...lol. Thank you in advance.

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    let me put it this way...... nobody was threatening class-action suit against nVidia for XP drivers. They're probably focusing quite a bit more towards Vista now to please the idiotic "gamers" that thought moving to a brand new OS was a GOOD thing for gaming.

4. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Same here even tho 2D & 3D temps are quite different. Still would be nice to further drop temps in 2D mode.
    Use the new control panel (ack!)
    For the time being, RivaTuner is a nice workaround. I've set it up to display the temp in the taskbar.

5. Captn

Captn Member Guru

GPU:
    Grendel_66 what drivers are you using for your 8800 ??

6. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti

But I don't think the settings in the new controlpanel does anything. I got no performance loss whatsoever going from 4x FSAA to 16x FSAA, and I don't think this can be right, as I got an impact on FPS when going from 2x to 4x FSAA. Same if I change FSAA with Rivatuner, from zero to 4x there is a FPS-drop, but from 4x up to 16x, the FPS stays the same?!?! And in Tom Clancys Rainbow six Vegas, I can't get _any_ FSAA-mode to work. No matter if I set Rivatuner to overwrite the gamesetting, the FPS in a steady scene is excatly the same going from off to 2x to 8x to 16x FSAA, so something in this "unreal" engine stops the FSAA, I think.

7. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G

Regarding the AA, that may have to do w/ how AA is implemented in the G80 -- the Q modes offer best quality. From ths (german) site:

See also The Luminex Engine:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  8. Captn

Captn Member Guru

GPU:
  9. kadiir

kadiir Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX275 SOC
    FYI, I noticed a news item over on nvnews (2/27/07 @ 8:17 am) where an nvidia "Director of Technical Marketing" implied that there will be 100 series drivers for XP.

Not that it helps much :bang:

10. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    link? quote?

11. Bobas007

Bobas007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560ti
    I am sorry to say but 8800 xp drivers are not so fine.
    I want just ONE thing. May I? I want UT2004 engine working without problems on 8800. Too much?

12. kadiir

kadiir Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX275 SOC
    Sorry - thought it was clear. It's the first news item on nvnews.net. Here's the title in case the site updates:

"CSAA Information - 2/27/07 @ 8:17 am - By: MikeC - Source: Email"

The specific statement is this:

13. Captn

Captn Member Guru

GPU:
    Cool

14. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
  15. kadiir

kadiir Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX275 SOC
    Thanks - I couldn't figure out how to do that :)

16. Necrosaro420

Necrosaro420 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX SuperClocked 786mb
    XP Drivers are Fine?!?! Ok, FINE if your into crashing while surfing the web, fine if you want to crash every 10 minutes playing a game, Fine if you love nv4_disp.dll errors while watching videos or browsing your favorite webpage.

They sure are fine!

17. Enterfrize

Enterfrize Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    I Think NVIDIA Formally Posted Their Intentions

This is kind of related to the XP Forceware drivers...

If you read the stereoscopic forums section on the nzone.com website, everyone was in an uproar when some joker announced that NVIDIA would stop supporting 3D drivers.

There was such a ruckus, that NVIDIA formally announced new 8800 series XP drivers in the Spring that will support stereoscopic technology.

So, it's very probable that everything will be taken care of at the same time because the Forceware and stereo driver version numbers need to match to work.

As we are in early March, that shouldn't be too far off....we hope.:cops:

Regards,
    Enterfrize

18. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Necrosaro: i've been using the 97.92 Forceware drivers since they were released for the 8800 series. i haven't had a single problem with any game i've tried playing (besides for HL2DM..... but that's Steam.... what do you expect?). You ever think that MAYBE..... just MAYBE, one driver you have installed is conflicting with the 8800-series drivers? would that be so much of a stretch? The only nv4_disp.dll BSOD i've had was when i tried installing Vista a while back, but that was because one setting i changed in my BIOS wasn't really agreeing with Vista.

19. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    that error isn't always driver related.. its sometimes due to a faulty card or other hardware. The drivers are fine that are out right now with a few exceptions of newer games which I'm sure nvidia is testing right now. Vista is the future and Nvidia is only trying to catch up now with maybe the left leg in the XP hole so you can still get a driver here and there. But again that error your getting if your having it during surfing means your card is screwed up in some way. I suggest you call Tech support for a possible RMA.

20. JoDo

JoDo Member

GPU:
    MSI nVidia nx 8800GTX
    hm i wouldnt say they are fine, i already mentioned my problem in some threads here ...
    i bought a second 8800gtx from xfx just to test, if my prob is still there, and what ... ? nothing changed, i still cant watch tv oder movies properly, they are still interlaced like back in time, when the 7800gtx came into the stores and i bought it, same f*cking failure :( and that one only got fixed with a new driver, i tested a second 7800gtx too back in time ...

*vote4new xp/2000 drivers*