100.65 Online Rlease date of Feb 20

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by CHUCKIT, Feb 20, 2007.

1. mike41

mike41 Guest

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    i have my 7800gtx and these work 2 times as good

like on cs 100 fps at high

but on 97.?? i get 30?!?!" WTF
    driver issues get these new 100's

2. jabloomf

jabloomf Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    I'm not doubting you, but why do you need these extra DX9 files? Do certain games look for the files or they won't install/run?

3. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    I have a flying car. You don't?

4. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    He is mistaken. You do *not* need to install any other DX files to run DX9 games. Vista includes DX L (or EX) which provides the DX backwards compatibility that DX10 lacks.

Now, it is quite possible (at this point given the current crappy drivers) that installing DX9 runtime files might somewhat improve the performance of some DX9 games. I'd be interested in any objective test of that theory, framerate before and after, same game, same scenes.

5. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Played for another hour tonight just BF2 and had a complete freeze up :behead: I think i'd rather have a C2D :puke3:

WTF Nvidia!!?!

6. evandena

evandena Member

you have to be kidding me...

STILL no aspect ratio scaling. The drivers STILL do not remember the settings that are saved.

7. evandena

evandena Member

I'm still getting the garbled text too...

Was there even a changelog for these pieces of crap?

8. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    No i am not.....

Jesus Christ....I really cant be bothered Explaining it.....again..

Ill just say this....You dont notice that u have to have DX9 installed becuase Mostly Every game installs the runtime files after the game installs.....If you dont install a game, and just run it straigh from say a xp folder, it will ask for say....dx9xxxx.dll....Get it now??

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  9. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    I feel you're frustration mate but, I'm gonna have to frustrate you even more.
    It is not a requirement to install DX9 to play DX9 games on Vista.
    Vista has everything required to happily run DX9 games, there is not one game that I've played on Vista so far that's asked me for any DX9 files.

Most games do not automatically install DX9, at least not any game that I've played, some games will either ask you if you want to install it, which you can decline or some very few games will tell you that if you don't install DX9 then installation will quit but I've never had a game silently install it without my knowledge.

10. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Tell me what games u have installed and ill tell u if they do or not....

Quake, Prey, Doom, Dont!! count becuase there not Direct x!!!!

11. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    Why don't you tell us which games you've found that require additional DX9 files to run with Vista.
    Yes you're correct, those games are OpenGL.

12. Drefsab

Drefsab Active Member

GPU:
    7800gt 512mb (and a 8800G
    Most games prompt you to install dx9 runtime files on vista (they even prompt when running xp) if you decline the games still run on vista.

Have you ever installed an old game that tried to install an older directx? what happens when you try to install it? The newer directx doesnt get overwritten and the newer version stays where it is. Its just the same with vista if you try to install the older versions of directx 9c sure it says its installing but what its really doing is skipping files because DX9EX is installed on the system anyway.

Why do you think that you cant get dx10 for xp? Its because the windows graphics API in vista has totally changed, this breaks all backwards compatability. So even if you somehow managed to force vista to use dx9c the graphics side and hardware audio side of it will be broken. This is exactly why dx9ex was made to provide this backwards compatability.

I suggest reading the following link

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2006/11/30/directx10_future_of_pc_gaming/1.html

13. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    OK

NFS Carbon
    NFS Most Wanted
    GTR2
    WC3
    Just Cause
    IL2 1946

All of these games Are on a hard drive and dont require me To install them.....
    I didnt install any of those games, They all asked for Some Sort of DX9.dll file.....After Installing BF2142 (which installs DX9 runtime files) The game were fine......The other way around this is to download the files seperatly....

I dont think u understand me?????

Your not installing DX9 as Such, Your just putting the Runtime files In The System 32 folder that certain games require!!!!.....The DX9 installer, searches and ONLY installs Which Files U dont Have or which are newer.!!!!

Can we stop now??? We are arguing over nothing...

14. SupraFreak

SupraFreak New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTX @ 620/1000 768mb
    Ok well i dont know about you guys (all i see is a bunch of arguing), but these new drivers are working wonders for me!! I haven't had a single problem what so ever, doom 3 runs great, same with a couple benchmarks and even Counterstrike Source runs amazing (207 average fps according to the built in vid test with everything cranked).

These drivers are good, there WHQL Certified, give em a shot, enough said.

15. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    Dude, I'm not going to drag this out any longer, it's clear dynamite isn't going to dislodge you here. There are plenty of internet resources (not gaming chat rooms) where you can review the technical details about the Vista-included DX9 EX (L) that provides backward compatibility for DX9-8-7 games. If you choose to.

16. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Were did i say That new dx9 Doesnt do that????

If u read, i said Some Games Need Certain DX9 RUNTIME files to work

i know exactly what the new DX 9 is, this isnt about that..its about certain files Thats games Need!

17. cvroy

cvroy Member

I couldn't install nero burning rom 7571 without installing DX 9 first, it actually stopped install and asked for it.

I was getting uber crappy frames in Unreal Tournament 2004 and after installing the DX 9c February release it actually made a noticeable difference but not anything to make you go OOOOOOH!

I think there is some validity to it, besides this so called back wards compatible DX EX or L thingy may have bugs in itself. Supposedly in march we are supposed to get an upgrade for DX 10... we will see.

18. Ronaldo

Ronaldo Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTS OC 640mb
    Why am i still the only one that gets the error 43? i cannot install anything apart from 100.51, PC spec listed

19. winterforge

winterforge Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7600GT
    Well I guess my question is answered as of today. If you select the 8800 series option or the regular GeForce and TNT2 option on the Nvidia site for Vista 32 bit now, they both lead to the 100.65 drivers.

20. evandena

evandena Member

I've got one; Vanguard.