OC and SLI for Vista What For ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by macdaddy, Feb 16, 2007.

1. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Why is everyone asking for oc function and sli for vista when nvidia can't even get the drivers right in the first place. Games run like crap is it going to make any difference oc the vcard more ? Sli do you guys really think that twice the crap makes it run good ?? Don't ask for oc or sli for vista drivers. Demand nvidia get their drivers right first then see what the hardware can be capable of with oc and sli.

2. hoonu

hoonu Member

GPU:
    XFX / Radeon 6970 / 2GB
    I want the other half of my 7950GX2 to work... and yes... I must use Vista since I work for a game company and must support it.

3. SABB69

SABB69 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS @650-1000
    how long is it gonna take for people to figure out its not only nvidia having problems but ati user to in vista ,vista is not ready for gaming yet and why did we have to get a dx10 update from nvidia and not M$ ,oh ya cause vista is not complete yet they rushed their product out to early.i really wish M$ would have worked with these companies to get thing working properly.

4. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    And where do you work?

5. DeadlyVenom

DeadlyVenom Member

GPU:
    Asus EAH6870
    Even though I'm partial to nvidia, ati's vista drivers are far and beyond what nvidia has put out so far.

6. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    I cant get any of my games to work on vista!!

7. Kermit_the_frog

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    What DX10 card and drivers from ATI for Vista are you talking about?

8. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    My borther is running an x1900xt which dx9 on vista and has no problems playing Quake4, FEAR, HL2, and titan quest.

9. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    I think he means, what dx10 card are out, tommcd64. Hell my card works great in vista, performance isn't a problem. Just devil may cry isn't working very well, not in terms of speed, but visual quality.

10. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    wow you have a 10-20% hit in frame rate, those with SLI or 7950GX2's have a 50% hit in frame rate, and paid twice the amount...

And I can get a lot of out my overclocking, probably close to the FPS dip between XP and Vista but in a positive amount.

Once all the features are in place the performance can be worked on, if you work on the performance first then work on features, you will just have to go back and re-tweak to get performance back up to par.

This is the smart way of doing it.

11. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    Gotcha. I guess I am going to have to go back to XP. Not only do I have an issue with the wash out look in games, my 3dmark06 dropped from 11008 to 8340. That is a pretty big drop.

12. Spacebunny

Spacebunny Member

GPU:
    460 GTX 1GB
    True...
    You wish to by first to run Vista...
    Then you will probably by first to find :
    the bugs
    the missing/non fully working drivers
    The vista supported software.. but doesn't work when you try to install it..

1)If wish to play high FPS games then use Win2000/Winxp..
    As it can take months before Vista will by come the game platform for the futher...

2)Overclocking in Vista must by a low priority..
    If you realy wish to run overclocked then find the max using winxp and some programma, then set/lock these variables in to the videocards bios
    So, It will run overclocked ''default'' without the use of software..

3)Everyone that uses Vista has become a ''beta'' tester willing or not..
    May it by for M$ - Nvidia - ATI - Creative - Terratec........ect

All of the drivers/software available today for Vista.. or even Vista
    Are far from fully working or stable..

For those how complaine.. Get a life !!

13. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    LOL 3dmark.

:bounce:

14. Kermit_the_frog

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB

The problems we see in Vista are more about the DX10 cards and drivers , of course some cards and some games will have some troubles this is always the same with new OS's

15. ohgod

ohgod Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7950 GX2 :)
    Isnt this the first time something like this has happened for ATI/Nvdia? You cant say:" This didnt happen with XP!!" because its a totally different situation. Going from doing something for 7-10 years (coding drivers for XP)
    to something totally different is very hard to do and is very hard to make seamless. Give the GPU developers time, we will get our drivers. Complaining wont help...