The Oblivion Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by fajitasforme7, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    You seriously don't play Oblivion at 19x12 + Qarl pack 3 with a 6800gt do you?... All sliders lowest?

2. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    HI QARLS

ive downloaded ur pack three and reinstalled oblivion but i would like to no what lod mod u reckon works best/looks best with this pack

thanks + sorry if its already been mentions

3. adam watts

adam watts Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
    oh of course not :behead: All i'm saying is its really slow but not always slideshow. So fed up with my Videocard I could almost chuck it out becuase lately its been flashing and artifacting a little everytime I push the damn card with anygame on stock settings. Can't wait to get my checks so I can finally buy a new card. I must admit those 8800GTS 640MB with rebate on newegg are not a bad price.... might just have enough to get one.

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Damien, I did some hunting and testing different lod packs with QTP3, and this is what i think looks best:

Zacharots LOD Fix (comes in 2 parts, part 1 and part 3, and BlueSteel's Normal Map Fix.

Check this screen:

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/1189/view1xw7.jpg

5. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    pretty nice,now how bout helping me make morrowind look better and play more like oblivion,o already have better bodies,fast travel to most places but not to mines and dungeans,maybe theres a map marker and quest marker mod?and a mod that has the same sneak mode as oblivion?

6. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

can u get me a screenie of a far away land texture as i want to see it from a distance

thanks

7. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Hey guys, do you know if it's possible to force AA + HDR in Oblivion without forcing the AA aspect with another program (graphics control panel)? I was thinking: Could Oblivion be tricked into thinking that HDR is disabled somehow, and then enabling AA in-game?

8. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Nope, not that im aware of, you have to enable HDR in game, and AA in the graphics card drivers. Havnt seen another way around it im afraid. May I ask why u need to do this? It works fine for me as it is!

9. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi people i need to know somat please

i want to get the gfx memory usage to show when i turn on the TDT console thing that shows the fps.......

ive installed all the things like (Oblivion Script Extender v0009a, The Elder Scrolls Construction Set) but none of them seem to do the job so if u no of any mods / ways to get the game to show stuff like...

1. gfx's memory usage
    2. ram usage
    3. cpu usage
    4. heat e.c.t

10. sw11scotcub

sw11scotcub Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800gts
    Virtual memory low...

Hi all,

Installed QTP3...looking good. Only problem is I now keep getting a message to say 'Out of virtual memory'.

Got my RAM and CPU busting and my virtual memory set to 1024mb (have tried no cache file also). Any ideas as to why I keep getting this as no other game gives me this?

'cub

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007

11. TheGamer

TheGamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900GTX 512MB GDDR3 @
    You can see this by using rivatuner statistics server ...

12. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    More virtual memory? 1 GB of virtual memory is way too low. Set it at 4096 MB or so.

13. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    With two gigs of ram you shouldn't even be dipping into virtual memory. I think it's a glitch.

14. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    but i want to see it as i play so i can see how much gfx memory the game uses out of the 512mb my card can kick out

15. [RO]ZorK

[RO]ZorK Member

I am just a noob when it comes to this kind of things...but my opinion is that the rocks,bricks are so unnatural,so unreal,so fake(as far as I can see from pics because i didn't install it)...So i don't like it

16. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    and considering this is ur 2nd post .. i have nothing to say ..

17. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Ok, that's too bad. Why do you play computergames?

18. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi people i need ur help lol

i wanted to make the texture for the leaves/bushes in oblivion better so i got the original textures from the compressed textures file in the game and resized all of the leaves/bushes x2 (512 > 1024 or 256 > 512) so basically they should me twice the texture size right.

well this is whats happended...... so if u no why this has happened please let me no were i went wrong as i want to learn more about re-texturing games

heres the picture:
    http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2756/oblivion200702081921362vj0.jpg
    http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/4728/oblivion200702081920314tl8.jpg

p.s. ive just reinstalled the game as ive added qarls pack 3, so mind the long distance textures as i haven't added a mod for that yet

+Gromuhl'Djun

if u could let me no if u have figured out how to get the gfx usage memory (TDT) console thing working for me please read posts above and let me no

19. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Hahaha, sorry, but that looks so Mario64 :D

First of all: why do you want to mess with those textures? What you did, was resize them, without leaving the rest of the picture transparrant probably. Just don't change those textures, you're just making it very hard on yourself.

And no, I didn't figure out how to get the memory usage working, sorry. I'll check it again this weekend, but I won't promise anything.

20. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

so how would i get better textures for the leaves/bushes as i cant find a FULL mod by some1 else that does all the leaves/bushes

could it be how i have saved them please let me no what i should save them

here:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.