WHQL Drivers for Vista in February

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BrNz, Feb 7, 2007.

1. akaliel

akaliel Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 780 GTX @ 976 Mhz
    Count yourself lucky sava. I have to stare at little green dots whenever I load up any game. They even kick in when the screensaver comes on.

2. tattool

tattool Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD4870
    I'm having little to no problems running games under XP or Vista with the 100.59 Drivers. Only issue I've had is shaders in HL2. F.E.A.R, W.O.W., BF2 and Chuzzle :ying: all run fine.... So as for me I'm not upset Nvidia forced me to buy this card....

3. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    muck

Newest drivers equal reverse performance. I installed the latest ATI drivers for my laptop and yay. I installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my PC and not so yay.

Old games actually ran so bad I couldn't play them. Anyways, I give up on all of this Nvidia bs. That's what happens when you make too much money.

4. akaliel

akaliel Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 780 GTX @ 976 Mhz
    What resolution are you guys running games at?

5. BrNz

BrNz Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTS
    Mine is the dreaded black screen of death and no support for my LCD. Not to mention the lack of a real working driver or control panel.

Hopefully end of Feb will be more promising.

6. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    you might try loading the drivers for the monitor that are for XP on it.. a friend of mine did that and they worked fine for this 20" dell he has

7. SkelNonch

SkelNonch Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56

Yup, same problem for me with my 7600GT.

8. akaliel

akaliel Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 780 GTX @ 976 Mhz
    Nobody has my problem :( WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !

9. toy4x4

toy4x4 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 x 2 - SLI
    I only care when the beta drivers for the 7 series are going to come out.

I already want to replace my 7800GTXs and the longer this goes on the closer I get to ATI...

10. Coolit

Coolit Guest

GPU:
    MSI 680GTX OC
    Bah, after spending £800 on two 7900GTX's like many people have six months ago its pretty damn ridiculous we have to wait until march for SLI support on the 7 series cards. There's far more people with these cards than the 8 series a fact that seems to have been overlooked.

My next two graphics cards wont be Nvidia that's for sure.

11. akaliel

akaliel Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 780 GTX @ 976 Mhz
    I don't know about that, Coolit. Very few people are actually running SLI rigs, I think it was 5% in that Steam poll. Besides at least you can use one of your cards. I can't do anything except surf the net with my 8800GTX.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  12. tattool

tattool Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD4870
    I run everything at 1600x1050 if possible. Now there's little to no OpenGL support in Vista at this point, so older games probably do run like doo.

13. akaliel

akaliel Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 780 GTX @ 976 Mhz
    Damn, I run at 1680x1050 too. It appears that I can allievate some of my weird graphics problems, in some of my games, by reducing the visual quality or resolution. I was hoping that was the problem. Looks like it isn't.

Have you tried NWN2?

14. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    end of february ??? =( im waiting for final drivers of nvidia to install my copy of Windows vista ultimate...i guess i have to wait a little more :(

15. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    They need to get the Single cards working properly, driverwise, before they can get SLI working properly ^_^
    I mean, theres still alot of small problems with the drivers in vista, alot of stuff that still needs fixing. Which will of course be fixed, but it hasnt YET. So.. Im sure they could just enable SLI right now, but then you'd be complaining about how this game only uses 1 card and how that game gets artifacts blahblah.

16. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Im not sure how complete the diectx10 is either cause it dont look complete.The only thing you see is that one directx 10 in dxdiag.you cant actually see the DLLs anymore and theres no more tests.

[​IMG]

17. Smitty1258

Smitty1258 Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS

Oh so you mean to say that NVIDIA didnt have enough time to get something done right? I mean vista was only delayed what 2 years? So let me guess, now your going to tell me that Nvidia didnt have access to the vista beta before we did? Come one man, get real. Whats happening now is simple, support the most expensive card out so ppl will have to go buy that, push the "older" crowd off untill they get pissed enough to buy an 8800 series or they keep posting in forums about how pissed off they are about Nvidias bull****. And yes I am one of those ppl bitching about how Nvidias bull**** has lost them much respect, and some future money of mine.

18. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    Drivers 100.59 and 100.54 are ver bad with 8800, 70% of my games do not run on vista and the gmaes who works i have bad performance and very low framerate!

Overclocking do not work too and it's very important for me so i will not use vista before good drivers out!

19. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    Funny you should say that.

8800 drivers work the worst, yet they get SLI.
    7xxx and 6xxx drivers work fine, and are denied SLI until March.

I've been using the beta drivers for about 2 months and my 7950GX2 while only running at 50% it's normal speed is still playing most games without any crashes or blue screens.

20. SkelNonch

SkelNonch Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56
    7xxx dont work fine otherwise why are people complaining of black screens and bad performance.