Vista drivers 100.59 out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by yodastudios, Feb 1, 2007.

1. ghirsch

ghirsch New Member

GPU:
    2X MSI NX88000GTS 640 Meg
    These drivers dont seem to work for my 7950gx. In fact everytime I try to go into the NVidia control panel the panel crashes. This driver release has been the most problematic for me so far.

2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    does 100.54 work for you? or any other forcewareX for that matter?

3. makotech222

makotech222 New Member

GPU:
    BFG geforce 7900gt
    ughh its been like 4 days since last release goshhh i cant play any of my games anymore!

4. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    I've just installed 71.01 and it works great, and as intended with all the games I play.

Shame about the aero, but hey - my 6800 is running at 400/800 again with classic control panel.
    Why nVidia can't release a working, more featured driver is beyond me.

5. parnz

parnz New Member

GPU:
    2x GeForce 7300GT 256MB
    NVIDIA should release driver that support SLI for 6xxx/7xxx as soon as posible (and quickly too)
    NVIDIA should not focus to only 8800 customer because the 6xxx/7xxx are your customer too.

do your best :cops:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  6. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Do people actually read the Release Notes.....??

Parnz....Read teh release notes....

7. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTS512@stock
    Farcry64, Vista Ultimate64 and 100.59

Hi all,

Farcry is in just two colors, the resolution is good, all settings are good buet Farcry launches in just black and white. I suspect a problem with the 100.59 driver and Farcry since all other games I have seem allright.
    Does anyone else experience this?

Patrick

8. parnz

parnz New Member

GPU:
    2x GeForce 7300GT 256MB
    "DirectX 9 and OpenGL NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs and DirectX 10 NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 8800 GPUs will be available in a future driver"

ah yes, i'm already read that and i hope they release it as quickly.
    please forgive me if i say an impolize sentense

ps. sorry about my english skill, i'm thai ppl.
    i'm noob SLI user :p

9. Kriechbaum

Kriechbaum Active Member

GPU:
    GForce 8800 GTX SLI (Leadtek)
    no noobs here , everyone is welcome :)

10. Raide

Raide Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX-8800GTX
    I have a question, (that somehow got me punted off nvidia forums :rolleyes:) ... but here it goes...

I have Vista 64bit running 2xGTX and drivers 100.59 and SLI is terrible. The screen flickers like crazy and the fps is 1/3 of a single GTX card? For example:

In FEAR - 1xGTX = 77 FPS average
    In FEAR - 2xGTX = 23 FPS and crazy flickering...

In fact, ALL games are flickering when in SLI, (this does NOT happen in XP with 97.02)...

I have discovered that using SLI or Alternate Frame 1 or 2 causes the flashing, but that forcing 'split-frame' has no flashing, (but still terrible FPS)...

Can anyone with 2 8800's confirm either of these problems.

11. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    sigh SLI doesnt work with these!!!!!

Noone Ever Reads Readmes??:puke3:

Or release notes???

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  12. Raide

Raide Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX-8800GTX
    Was that directed to me, or a general statement; cause if its me, the 100.59 drivers "claim" they support SLI on 8800GTX in DX9 games.

Did you 'read' the question? :eyes:

# NVIDIA SLI support
    * DirectX 9 support for GeForce 8800 GPUs

13. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    As far as sli it doesn't work with these drivers. There is a laundry list of things that don't work: sli, changing gpu core and gpu memory speeds, digital vibrance, scaling is off, fan control not working properly, profiles not loading correctly. I am hoping this is not the whql driver. As far as who is to blame ultimately the company that makes the driver is to blame. MS has been working on this os for years and has made component available for developers for awhile. ATI had drivers out some time ago. They weren't great either but they had them out.

14. Raide

Raide Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX-8800GTX
    Yes, these drivers are pretty bad, I'm more just wondering if anyone is experiencing the flickering affect using TWO 8800GTX's in SLI.... I have gotten confirmation about the speed (being very slow) but not the flicker-affect.

Also not sure why global settings 'nvidia SLI', or alternate 1,2 would cause the problem but Split-Frame NOT cause the problem. Also setting VSync does not help....

I'm really surprised nvidia would claim SLI was in this driver, did they even try it??

15. Zizzman

Zizzman Member

GPU:
    2 Evga GTX295 Hydro Coppe

I haven't updated my signature, but I too get flashing in most games. I can't enable SLI in GRAW, and the performance is pretty bad. I am not too freaked about it so far, as I understand the risks of early adoption of new operating system and hardware technologies. That said, nVidia should have been better prepared with a decent Vista driver fot the non-dx10 parts.

16. famusc

famusc New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 GTX
    Hi guys!
    I'm using Vista x64 and 8800GTX.
    At the moment I'm going on using XP for games.
    While testing Vista, I experience three problems: first, sometimes the video driver restarts, even using just windows media player; second, nvidia control panel takes centuries to load; third, it's impossible to put computer into sleep state because it can't resume.

Are you experiencing the same issues with x64?

17. Raide

Raide Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX-8800GTX
    Running x64 Vista, I can confirm the really-long-loading nvidia control panel, and also that you can not suspend/resume. I also can't hibernate, the screen shuts off but the drives read/write forever, (its dead at this point and I have to reset the machine)

18. linflas_taken

linflas_taken Member

GPU:
    2 X EVGA 8800GTX
    100.59 Drivers Vista 32bit

BF2142: No problems, 3 hours in game, no problems (other than the one's Dice wrote into the game)

NWN2: No gameplay errors, but background when leveling up, and loading different area says "2d failed to load' Gameplay has been solid though

COH: Smooth as silk, runs better than on XP, standard, KMOD, and Commando Mod, all run well

19. Cyberz

Cyberz Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Dude! They hade a lot of time to get the drivers work!
    Ppl that payed money for theyr product shuld get it work ASAP!
    not just wait for them...

20. Raide

Raide Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX-8800GTX
    Your sig says you have 2xGTX, so you are playing BF2142 in SLI and not having a problem? Are you using (nVidia Standard SLI) (if you didn't change anything then you are)...

hmmm... maybe its time to reformat and downgrade to 32bit