X1300 Fan Issues

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by Pelimar, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Pelimar

Pelimar Guest

Hello, I have a ATi X1300 PCI (yea I know it sucks) and when I go from overclocking to the fan tab it says I don't have a fan but I double check the graphics card and it does. Also I'm using NGO ATi Optimized Driver 1.6.12 could that be the problem? Help would greatly be appreciated.

Also I've used the search button, googled and looked at stickies/FAQs with no success.

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Are you sure that ATT says that??? :)

3. Pelimar

Pelimar Guest

Here is what it shows exactly...

[​IMG]

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    So read it carefully :)

5. Pelimar

Pelimar Guest

So ATT doesn't support x1300 fans? Guess my dreams of good performance are gone. I 'll have to get a new computer I guess or a better GFX card.e

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Arhhhh. You board doesn't have sensor to operate with FAN! Forget about it.

7. Amilo-D

Amilo-D Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280GTX 702mhz
    Um.. correct me if im wrong but since when does changing fan speed improve performance :) Also, you are using x1300 in PCI bus... I can hardly think of a slower card available right now.

Fan control is for people who wanna reduce noise at certain load levels(more or less). It have little to do with overclockability.

8. Pelimar

Pelimar Guest

Actually when I over clock for a while my graphic card resets and it shows a message about VPU recovering and then the clock speeds go back down to normal. I thought this was because it was too hot. Anyway I'll probably just have to get a new computer.:micro:

9. Amilo-D

Amilo-D Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280GTX 702mhz
    Exactly how much are you overclocking? Try a lower overclock if you must.

I dont think x1300 series have temperature sensitive fan control so fan is just running at constant speed all the time.

10. schmiggy_jk

schmiggy_jk Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 640MB Super Clocked
    I get the same issue with my ATT panel with my Diamond X1950Pro.

Does this card not support adjustable fan speed? The stock setting when on the desktop is just too loud.

Im using the 7.1 cats and the latest ATT if that makes any difference.

I didnt know if i should post this in the same thread, or a new one, let me know.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007