CCC Problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Kungfucow187, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Kungfucow187

Kungfucow187 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX SLI
    from a fresh install, my CCC has no problem forcing anti-aliasing on games at all. but after some time it doesnt seem to do so anymore. has anyone else had this problem before with CCC on windows xp?
    ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling CCC and even used driver cleaner pro and it stil doesnt let me force the anti aliasing settings from CCC. the only way ive found to fix this is to format my pc and reinstall everything but then again after some time it tends to stuff up again. can anyone help me?

2. GaryJones

GaryJones Member

GPU:
    X1800 XT + X1800 Crossfire Edition.
    It's happened to me with 7.1 on XP64 and is also happening on Vista too.

I wish re-installing was an answer for me.

I have found a less severe workaround, however, go to Display Manager select the desktop refresh rate (eg 60 for me) and then click force. Forcing a resolution seems to then turn the AA/AF etc back on (until next reboot).

3. Jimi-101

Jimi-101 Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor X1900 CF Edition
    Have you got Fraps running?

If so, close it down.

4. snowolves

snowolves Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor ATi Radeon 9550 128M
    Well some games such as Prince of Persia just have no AA whatever you set.

5. GaryJones

GaryJones Member

GPU:
    X1800 XT + X1800 Crossfire Edition.
    nah, its not fraps / other apps etc. It's happening for me on only certain games tho. Like HalfLife2 works flawlessly everytime (maybe its related to it being known to crossfire) but Red Orchestra , for example will have no AA, AF or even vysnc unless I perform the fix thing above.

My friend has a similar rig to mine, but with x1900 series crossfire and it does the same on his. seems like a bug in the drivers to me.

also, I still have Prince of Persia sands of time on my PC and it does have AA and AF?

6. Jimi-101

Jimi-101 Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor X1900 CF Edition
    I had the same problem, found out it was Fraps that was the cause of it.

My problem now is, CCC just won't even start most of the time.

7. Kungfucow187

Kungfucow187 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX SLI
    i dont have fraps or run any other software really when playing games. also with that refresh forcing, ive found that repairing the CCC from add/remove progroms from control panel seems to do so also. and i do believe it is a crossfire problem, because when i disable crossfire it doesnt have the problem anymore