nVIDIA ForceWare 100.54 For Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HcoolP, Jan 28, 2007.

1. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    yup im moving to vista permantly in about 4 days...and if nvidia bring out new drivers before then i will swap now.

2. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Well so far the drivers are good. Can't OC though, but I'll trade that for stability any day of the week.

3. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    I will moving to vista permantly only when overclocking will work for my 8800gts

4. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    I've been using the RTM for some time now, and almost no issues so far.
    So, when the drivers will be really mature - the Vista will definitely rock! :eyes:

5. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    The additional overhead thats reduced in the rendering API wont really be taken advantage of yet, but believe me in a few years time when we have significantly more objects on screen that little extra difference per object is going to make a much bigger difference.

Right now the additional stress on the CPU/RAM vista causes is enough to crush most of the benefits, but give it a year or so and we'll really start to see the benefits.

This is actually the first time a newer OS will have gotten faster for gaming that I'm aware of, most of the time theres just an additional overhead of the new OS components but no real improvement to the efficiency of DX.

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    KennyB: oh really? wow. i never knew that an OS benchmarked with some rather crappy drivers compared to XP's standards would perform worse than XP in gaming. thank you for telling me that! kinda makes me feel like Bill Engvall..... "Here's your sign".

supposedly there is going to be the new release of drivers tomorrow (the 31st), and there are now Setpoint drivers available for Vista...... they're starting to fall into place now. just gotta wait for good Forceware and NForce drivers.

7. Waylander

Waylander Guest

I was using Vista for the last month or so and really quite liking it, once you get used to whare they've moved stuff about. The new gui is very shiny and nice, once the moddrs get their hands on it there will be some brilliant custom themes.

But I've moved back to XP for now. I will be changing back to vista, but not until there is a set of drivers that support SLI, otherwise I just have a 300quid orbament in the box.. :D

8. nodo

nodo Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT260
    I just installed my brand new copy of Vista x64 on my rig (student license for 10€ :grad: )

I installed the 100.54 drivers from nvidia and my problem is, that the controlpanel crashes if i open it ... every time! I also installed ntune and it crashes too !

Anyone else with this problem ? possible solution ?

9. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    You can try to reinstall the driver.. remove the nTune first, then the video card driver. Then install all again, I dunno if it'll help, but it could be a good start :)

10. nodo

nodo Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT260
    thx for the reply ... i just reinstalled the driver and now it works!

Maybe the problem was, because i installed the driver and the ntune without a reboot in between.

11. jalextacy

jalextacy Member Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek HD 4870 512mb

Please tell me where you got Vista for $20? Was it the upgrade version or was it full install. Cheapest I saw student license upgrades going for was $89 USD? Link please or is it through your University?:grad:

EDIT: BTW Vista x64 Runs Half-life 2 and CS:Source at a very very smooth frame rate... with everything on high and AF and 8x AA? Although still no SLI games don't run that bad if they weren't based on crappy engines.:crapper:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  12. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Lol, so true. fear runs great as well a far cry and other. Good coding > sli.

The order of install makes the difference since the ntune will be calling on certain things from drivers.

13. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    still get random black flashing in Rainbow 6 Vegas.... as well as lower frame rate. no issues at all in XP by the way..... cmon nvidia. fix this! (seems to be a buffer issue methinks)

14. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    You haven't read any of the WIDELY available documentation discussing the additional "features" that a Vista GPU driver is supposed to have.

15. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS/7600 GS/256 MB
    Come on dude, Vista is new, what do you expect? To be 10 times faster in games compared to XP? It's just not possible. Get over it. It's nicer, faster (response times), more secure than XP. You will see how Microsoft will start to neglect XP in favor of Vista. Software producers will give Vista priority and people will be forced to move. Either way, people will use Vista. Only those old school 98 or 2000 guys will keep their OS.
    These drivers work, they are not full featured, let's just wait and see what comes next.

16. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    Who the hell is expecting Vista to be 10 times faster than XP? The OS was designed from the ground up to protect content providers, USERS are a second priority. I'm surprised it runs as fast as it does.

If people are bitching about drivers now, how are you going to feel if MS bows to Hollywood and enforces mandatory GPU driver upgrades? Right now it's in the user space. Don't expect that to last long.

17. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    So far i have run a couple of games in vista with no issues.. I dont run bechmarks but i feel anything over 60fps is great.... People say that XP runs better due to the fact they are getting 15 more fps over

example if half life 2 is running on xp at 145 fps and in vista its running at 125 or 130..... Who cares its still super playable... Games on the 360 dont even hit that high.

I think this OS for one is great it runs good looks great is more orginized and has great features. I have been runing it since yesterday the only issue is winddvd but windows media works fine

18. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Actually its built with more percentage towards gaming.

19. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What percentage? Do you mean "greater focus on"?

20. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    yeah more focus towards making gaming better than what it is on XP.