nVIDIA ForceWare 100.54 For Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HcoolP, Jan 28, 2007.

1. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Active Member

GPU:
    PNY RTX2060 Super
  2. Mistar Muffin

Mistar Muffin New Member

Yeah, it's 9:30AM here on the east coast and I just sat down and checked and the drivers are released. I noticed that they are listed as 100.54. I hope to God that they are different from the 100.54 that were leaked on the net, as I blue screened on startup with those (and 100.40/51 too). I'll try these when I go home on my lunch break. Maybe because I can use the english ver instead of international that will make a diff.

3. Massyboy

Massyboy Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    I think they are probably the same as they are classified as Beta drivers still

4. gL1tch

gL1tch Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT @ 490/1180
    Anyone got FEAR playing with these drivers?

5. psybersoma

psybersoma Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1850
    holy dog**** batman... how much of a f**king change can there be in code from drivers released on 1/30 and 1/31 to enable SLI for 8800 GPUs??

seeing as that ALL graphics cards are made in CHINA!!!! That's likely where the drivers are being coded at...

6. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    It's unlikely there's any significant changes between the leaked copy of these drivers and the official ones on their website.

Looks like we also get SLI support for the 8800 tomorrow as expected, hopefuly G71 (and below) support for SLI should be here in a few weeks time.

7. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    I guess coolbits won't work because how vista implements registry settings now. Wonder if a new version will come out soon?

8. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900

These are not "typical" drivers anymore. For the people that think that writing graphics drivers is not much more difficult than writing drivers for XP, please read this and understand what is going on now:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/D/6/5D6EAF2B-7DDF-476B-93DC-7CF0072878E6/output_protect.doc

From nVidia's web page it looks like we're looking at the end of unified drivers.

9. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    lol just tried to install these drivers.... FAILED

Windows had some interesting advice.
    I don't even have Age of Empires :war:

10. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Actually, the link on the 8 series card works perfect for previous versions, so unified drivers look like they still have a future. They may be bigger to compensate for additional content, but I think thats an ok sacrifice.

11. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS/7600 GS/256 MB
    Then get it so you can justify your problem :D.

12. hoonu

hoonu Member

GPU:
    XFX / Radeon 6970 / 2GB

LOL... check your facts buddy...

13. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Microsoft has repeated in the past that Vista will be the gaming OS in a better fashion from previous releases. Have to say, after doing benches with all the bells and whistles running in the background, the scores in fear and doom 3 wasn't bad at all.
    If you had any doubt, the 360 will be allowed to link up the pcs running vista. not sure when if its already allowed, but that what was hinted recently.

Edit: For those having problems installing quake 4. Previous installs in Xp, run fine if the directory is accessed directly in vista.

14. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    Vista is not better for gaming. Most benches prove that. Anything that concerns gaming could have been done in XP without any performance penalty. Speaking of penalties, it's a good thing Creative is releasing an OpenAL wrapper or apps that use D3D would be stuck in software audio mode. Thanks M$.

15. carlo247

carlo247 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ SLI
    i won 10 more FPS in direct3d games, downloading quake4 and doom3 demos to test out.

16. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    Well it's a good thing I didn't rush out and get Vista. I think I'll wait till a DX10 games is released, then I'll buy vista. I think by then, maybe Nvidia will have a real driver out?

17. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070

I already have a 360 connected to vista.

18. carlo247

carlo247 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ SLI
    come on this baby is the real deal, yes sli blah blah but hey just say you're saving the money for vista instead of hiding it behind a lame catch phrase.:vader:

19. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    And it works? If so, this is an excellent thing.

KENNYB: This is the intention. After drivers get seasoned and updates added, I'm sure it will meet and possibly beat xp.....In fact, running xp with all the prettiness causes most score to drop anyways.

20. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    I love Vista (Vista will rock just give it tine, if not just stay whit XP ) and those driver are not bad !!