Softmod Radeon x1950xt to FireGL?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Saschi, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Saschi

Saschi New Member

GPU:
    X1950XT
    Hello everyone.

I´m trying to mod a Radeon x1950xt to FireGL, but I got several problems. I can patch the 8.293 or 8.263 driver with the script by huangyanhao to V7350 and I got the device displayed as V7350, but I got display-problems in 3dsmax8 with the ATIMax8-driver, the lower half of the screen is fractured.

The x1950xt is more similar to the V7200, because it has 256 mb ram, but I don´t find a patch for the V7200.

The last Autodesk certified driver is 8.223, so my eyperience is, that only the certified drivers work well in 3dsmax, but I don´t find a working patch for this. :bang:

Does anybody know a way to mod this card?

Best regards.

Sascha

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  2. saurus3009

saurus3009 New Member

GPU:
    ATI X1950XTX 512
    the same case fore me2 :dead:

3. sigis

sigis Member

GPU:
    1950XT
    i`m having same problem .perhaps some1 can help??

4. samov

samov Master Guru

GPU:
    mobility x1600 256
    you BOTH have a problem....

you opened a new thread and said NOTHING...

"I am trying to mod this to that"... well what exactly IS your boards device id... and what about the firegl counterpart...

the script works well with 8.293.... so why would anyone that hasn't done this before try it on a different version is beyond me...

please re-read the 4-5 BIG threads on firegl modding and come back WITH a pertinent question...

5. Saschi

Saschi New Member

GPU:
    X1950XT
    Sorry samov.

Hello samov.

Thank you for your help. My hope was that someone know this card and the problems concerning this, but there are only two other people with the same problem. All right. I will re-read the threads about the Fire-GL, because at the moment I simply don´t know how to get the device-ID. I hope the Fire-GL-threads give an answer to this. I have to learn very much, samov I know, I would appreciate if you try to help us without penalty.

And I didn´t say nothing. I said the script works well but the combination CARD / DRIVER / MAXDRIVER doesn´t work well. And I asked a question:
    Maybe you know a patch-script for this driver, samov?

Maybe there is no possible patch-script for this driver, because I think I learned something in the Fire-GL-threads: The X1950XT-card has the R580-chipset. huangyanhao succeeded to mod the driver so that the system recognizes the card as V7350, but there is no Fire-GL based on the R580 chipset - that means there is no Fire-GL-counterpart to the X1950XT at this moment. Maybe this is an explanation: There will be no completely successful modding of this card until there is a Fire-GL-counterpart with the same chipset an a patchable driver for this chipset?

Samov, please correct me, if my thoughts are wrong.

To shorten the time until this Fire-GL is on the market I´d really like to try the 8.223-driver modded to V7200 - if possible.

Does anyone have this?

Best regards.

Sascha.

6. sigis

sigis Member

GPU:
    1950XT
    well said SASCHI; i know i was not to specific ,sorry for that i `ve read few threads on this subject including some of your comments (thery are very helpful) SAMOV. But, i couldn't find a straight answer. Are they moddible to firegl or not ? i`m assuming they are not at the moment .perhaps some1 succeeded !!!thanks every one for input .....much appreciated